“Empire” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #315 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Empire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Empire has a nice New York laid back atmosphere. The interior i loved as it had a cool boutique feel. The beds were comfortable to me as i enjoy a firm bed, the shower is awesome, with a moveable head and a giant head on the ceiling, just watch out as i managed to flood the bathroom as the built in shower guard was not so stable. Only down side we found was at check in where they expected a credit card.. i did not bring one to New York and had not been advised by Virgin Holidays however this was not the hotels fault and they did help me sort out an alternative using a family members in England whom had to email over details and photo i.d - apart from this i have nothing bad to say. Watch out drinks are extremely expensive here although that is expected in a hotel. The reception staff were always happy to answer questions and offer ideas about best places to eat. I highly recommend The West Side Restaurant for Breakfast - a short walk from hotel near The Lincoln Centre on the corner of 69th Street... the food was amazing. Although this hotel is not mentioned to be located near Times Square it is about a 15 min walk and has bonus of being a street away from Central Park. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear bluewave92

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your experience. I appreciate the great tips on the area attractions and I am sure other travelers will as well. At The Empire Hotel we have many amenities and outlets all designed for the comfort and convenience of our guests. In addition, our hotel offers a phenomenal location steps away from Central Park in the middle of Lincoln Center. It is the Holiday Season and we are fortunate to be near some great New York locations. Thank you for staying at The Empire Hotel.

gm@empirehotelnyc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (953)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Having stayed at the Empire Hotel before and loved it, I knew it was the perfect location for a holiday gathering with my girlfriends. When I searched online for the Empire Hotel, beautiful room photos with rates came up. Turns out it was a third party booking website which I did not realize. The beautiful King Suite featured was listed at an amazing price, and I called the contact on the website to confirm the details. The woman I spoke with assured me that the King Suite featured was what I had purchased for my event, even after I made it clear that I would be hosting eight ladies for a champagne toast. Conceive of my shock, despair and disappointment upon arriving with finger sandwiches and a case of bubbly in tow...to discover that the Empire Hotel had me booked in a lovely Studio Suite that was simply too small for the evening I had planned with the girls. Upon seeing the space I contacted Zunachy (front desk) who was very professional and sympathetic to my situation. She conveyed my dilemma to her manager. The manager, Gunita, immediately began the process of verifying my reservation info which she determined was generated via a third party service (I should have paid closer attention...lesson learned!). She too was sympathetic, and although she was under no obligation to accommodate me beyond the Studio Suite for which I was registered, this amazing young woman, Gunita, decided to upgrade me...and since the suite I wanted was not available, she put me into a larger one. OMG it was my 'Miracle on 63rd Street'!!! Thank you Empire Hotel for the best customer service I have ever experienced in my life! Suite 1024 was the most beautiful suite I have ever seen and I now have a "1024 jar" to save for what will be my annual gift to me...a night in that gorgeous suite. In the interim, hubby and I will be back at the Empire, staying in that lovely Studio Suite because that size is perfect for the two of us. Everyone from the bellman to the housekeeping staff went above and beyond in hospitality. The Empire Hotel is the only place to stay in New York if you want PERFECTION!
--Donna W

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DB R
Dear DB R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. It is awesome to see that Zunachy and Gunita were able to think outside the box and fix your reservation challenges. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. They are truly two of our best! At The Empire Hotel, we are fortunate to have a team of humble and genuine people dedicated to service. If you ever need assistance at The Empire, do not hesitate to contact me directly via email. I hope staying with us will now be a Holiday Tradition for you and your friends.

Beverly Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

front office staff were not just incompetent, they were rude as well. Never again!!!

i have been gifting this trip to my friends for 3 years. but this time, they really dropped the ball, refused to take accountability for their mistakes, and were rude on top of that.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

maurizio b, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Carroll M,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for giving me the opportunity to answer you online.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay and that you would not come back. Our goal is to create memorable experiences for our hotel guest. It looks like we fail and I am very disappointed.
I appreciate your feedback, however I would like to have more details about your stay. Please feel free to email me directly at GM@empirehotelnyc.com
All the best,
Maurizio Bonivento
GM@empirehotelnyc.com

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

When I arrived I saw that the shower had no door. Did not bother to say anything since the rolls of towels on the floor told me they were aware of the condition. Also, they charge you for the coffee in the room and wifi which feels like being nickled and dimed, (charge a bit more and have that be covered). Decor was nice and staff friendly plus the location is very good. All said the good and the bad average out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Ryan B,

Thank you for the review recent stay at The Empire Hotel. We take our guests’ feedback seriously and use it to improve the product and service that we offer. I am glad you enjoyed the décor of your room and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Please note that wifi is always complimentary in the Lobby Bar, Mezzanine and all public spaces of our hotel. Our location cannot be beat right in the middle of Lincoln Center and just steps away from Central Park. In addition we have a staff of committed and genuine people with the common goal of creating memorable experiences by proving quality and personal guest service. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

the stay was very pleasant and the staff were very helpful.
They even offered a late check out free of charge.
I wasnt happy with the sleep due to the pillows being uncomfortable. Other than that, i was very satisfied.
Kudos to the concierge in booking us a Broadway show. He was very familiar and very friendly.
Will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Mohamed A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the service of our team met your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. They love to receive recognition for their efforts. I appreciate the comments on the pillows, we will address immediately. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel the next time your travels bring you to New York.

(212) 265-7400 ext. 7343
Annapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

The location cannot be beat.
Friends have an apartment nearby, and we were able to enjoy their neighborhood favorite places simply by walking. Happy to be able to get so quickly into the park from the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Joseph M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. It is awesome to hear that the location of the hotel and service provided by our friendly staff met your expectations. I am glad you found us and we hope to see you the next time you visit your friends. Thank you for staying at The Empire Hotel.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Empire Hotel has been a mainstay for me and my family for 50 years and it has never failed to be more than satisfactory. The location across from Lincoln Center and a block from Central Park makes it extremely convenient. The rooms are clean, generous in size, and the staff helpful. There is often quite a party scene at night that makes it festive in the lobby and on the rooftop, but the rooms are quiet and private. The junior suite is an especially good value if you are a group of 3 or 4.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear oboela,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I am glad that you and your family continue to enjoy the vibe of the hotel and ambiance of the Lobby Bar. At The Empire Hotel we have many amenities and outlets all designed for the comfort and convenience of our guests. In addition, our hotel offers a phenomenal location steps away from Central Park in the middle of Lincoln Center. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you ever need assistance at The Empire. Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We cannot wait to see you again.