“small room”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #349 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel has 4 stars and I was disappointed with the room. A Superior double room with double beds sounds like a big room. The real room and bathroom are modern but very small. There was only one outlet in the bedroom that you could use. The outlet in the bathroom did not work. Wallpaper is coming off in the room and bathroom door need painting.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Callie M
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Callie M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will send you a message via TA so that I may locate the exact room number and take immediate action.
At The Empire, we offer different room types with various layouts all designed to meet the specific needs of our guests. If the space is really very important I would recommend booking a Deluxe category or above. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com and I can help you select the best option for you. I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

small room,great tv,great bathroom..great location if going to Lincoln Center..however they do charge for coffee in the room..coffee machine in room but they charge!!! front desk very friendly..staff also very helpful

Dear Anthony V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. It is awesome to hear that the service of our team, location of the hotel and room features met your expectations. At The Empire we always offer competitive rates with various room options all designed to meet the needs of our guests. If you should ever need assistance, do not hesitate to reach me at gm@empirehotelnyc.com. I hope to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Let's us start with the good: location location location. The room is laugh out loud small. Barely enough room for the bed- there is basically no place to stand or get dressed. One small person would fit well here. Charge 3 dollars for instant coffee when there is a Starbucks downstairs. Bathroom is ALL form over function. Shower sprays on the floor. Water damage on the door from too much water on the floor. No counter space. Two few towels. No garbage can. Sink sprays when you wash your hands. Weird (two) shower head that is not self explanatory and soaks you when you turn it on. AC heating system was on blowing hot and cold air simultaneously. Mini bar is cute if you are looking for a tote bag, a vibrator or a iPhone charger. Lots of alcohol for purchase and a fridge if you care. Hotel lobby is very dark and it is hard to see in there. Service is neutral- neither here nor there. Stay here for location and price and that is it unless you want to pretend you are cool enough to buy a 35 dollar vibrator in the mini bar. We will stay here again a la the location but with a sense of humor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the faces the street
1  Thank FromDC2901

Dear FromDC2901,

Thank for the review of your recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will send you a message via TA so that I may locate the exact room number and take immediate action.
Please note that our Standard rooms are approx. 191 square feet. At The Empire, we offer different room types with various layouts all designed to meet the specific needs of our guests. If the space is really very important I would recommend booking a Superior or a Deluxe category. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com and I can help you select the best option for you. The next time you visit I will make sure you have a larger room with more space. I sincerely hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back as I am confident your next stay will be a great one.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Chose this one be cause of easy walk to Lincoln Center - no fighting for cabs needed. Elevators were broken Sunday morning a serious negative ! The price is high enough ($375) to cause me to shop around next time.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
maurizio b, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Lee C,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share online your experience at the Hotel Empire.
I am happy to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay with us. Our commitment is to create special and memorable moments for our guests all the times.
We have experienced some elevators issue during your stay. Everything has been fixed and all guest elevators are functioning regularly.
I hope you found at the Empire your new home away from home!
Do not wait too long before you come back to visit us.
Please feel free to contact me directly at GM@empirehotelnyc.com and I will be more than happy to personally assist on your future reservation.
All the best,
Maurizio Bonivento
GM@empirehotelnyc.com

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Normally I love this hotel and the area. I was disappointed this trip around. Although the raw bar at the chowder house was very very good. As was the bartending staff. Very accomodating and friendly as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lisa D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. I am disappointed that you did not completely enjoy your stay on this recent visit.
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I have also sent you a private message via Trip Advisor and look forward to your reply. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

OK hotel, nothing to write home about. The elevators weren't working my last day there and there were no signs directing you on how to get down to the lobby (they were out for at least 6 hours). Our room keys stopped working twice (over 4 days). They said they demagnitized but I've never had this problem at other hotels. This was especially annoying on the last day when I had to take a second trip down the stairs to get a new key. The room was updated but the bed was uncomfortable and the walls were very thin. The bathrooms were very small. The lobby bar was nice. The hotel is in a convenient location and close to a subway which was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theresa I
Joseph R, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Theresa I,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Empire Hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome all guest feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve what we offer and learn from our guests’ experiences. I appreciate your patience in dealing with our brief elevator interruption. Travelers should always keep their room keys away from cell phones and credit cards as it could negatively effect the magnetic strip. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and had a chance to experience the lobby bar and phenomenal location of our hotel. Please contact me directly at gm@empirehotelnyc.com if you would like to discuss your experience or if you need any assistance. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Empire Hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Empire has a nice New York laid back atmosphere. The interior i loved as it had a cool boutique feel. The beds were comfortable to me as i enjoy a firm bed, the shower is awesome, with a moveable head and a giant head on the ceiling, just watch out as i managed to flood the bathroom as the built in shower guard was not so stable. Only down side we found was at check in where they expected a credit card.. i did not bring one to New York and had not been advised by Virgin Holidays however this was not the hotels fault and they did help me sort out an alternative using a family members in England whom had to email over details and photo i.d - apart from this i have nothing bad to say. Watch out drinks are extremely expensive here although that is expected in a hotel. The reception staff were always happy to answer questions and offer ideas about best places to eat. I highly recommend The West Side Restaurant for Breakfast - a short walk from hotel near The Lincoln Centre on the corner of 69th Street... the food was amazing. Although this hotel is not mentioned to be located near Times Square it is about a 15 min walk and has bonus of being a street away from Central Park. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear bluewave92

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review from your most recent stay at The Empire Hotel. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your experience. I appreciate the great tips on the area attractions and I am sure other travelers will as well. At The Empire Hotel we have many amenities and outlets all designed for the comfort and convenience of our guests. In addition, our hotel offers a phenomenal location steps away from Central Park in the middle of Lincoln Center. It is the Holiday Season and we are fortunate to be near some great New York locations. Thank you for staying at The Empire Hotel.

Happy Holidays,