“Review”

Ranked #331 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Pelham, Massachusetts
“Review”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Location superb for Lincoln Center and Park. Rooms Good. Bathrooms minimal in size and a bit awkward; the flat sinks throw water out at you; shower is incomprehensible, but for only one night not needed. Toilet very close to wall. But bed very comfortable, and room temperature just right. Meals were fine. Out trip was for the Met Opera and visiting with friends.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

maurizio b, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear StearnsM,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share online your experience at the Hotel Empire.
I will review your comments about the sink with our engineering department. I am sure we can find a solution to control better the water.
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our bed.
Do not wait too long for your next visit. Hopefully the cold winter is going away and we are ready for some warm and sunny days!
I hope to see you back at the Empire soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at GM@empirehotelnyc.com and I will be more than happy to personally assist on your future reservation.
GM@empirehotelnyc.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Any City
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Although I was here for only the weekend. My partner & I already live in NY just needed a weekend to ourselves . 5 billion stars for this experience. customer service was great . weekend was amazing..

Dear Melissa A,
I love your 5 billion stars. I will definitely share your posting with the team
I hope you will come back to visit us again, and do not wait too long!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just got off a long flight and was very tired as soon as I got there I just had the most warmest welcome by the front desk nick. He actually engaged with us in conversations and made us feel welcome and excited about our week to come. He was extremely helpful with what we needed and told us of places were we should go without asking which was amazing. He was extremely friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel to people who are looking for affordable luxury and a welcoming stay.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Tootsandtwinks,
Thank you for posting this nice, genuine and honest review.
I am so proud of my team and of course of Nick! I will share your comments with him.
Finally today we have a perfect sunny day. I really hope we will not see any more snow!
I hope you will come back to visit us again, and do not wait too long!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel it truly amazing! The service at the front desk by Nick was really quick and friendly! He helped us out with all our questions and even told us a few must sees in New York! I would highly recommend this hotel to people if they are looking for a beautiful hotel that has amazing service!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AustraliatoNYC
Dear AustraliatoNYC,
Thank you for posting this nice, genuine and honest review.
I am so proud of my team and of course of Nick! He is really becoming our shining star.
I hope you will come back to visit us again, and do not wait too long. Nick will welcome back you!
Lambertville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Located across the street from Lincoln Center makes this a great spot to stay for an Opera/Concert weekend. Hotel is very lovely and nicely renovated. Rooms as clean and quite comfortable. Price is fair.

Hello Thom W,

Could not agree more, our location cannot be beat for proximity to events at Lincoln Center! The fact that were able to provide a clean and comfortable guest room doesn't "hurt" either! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great experience with us, on Trip Advisor.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the Empire in the near future. Between now and then, we wish you all the best!

Kind Regards,

North Kingstown
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very nice woman at check-in. Lovely room, sensational view. Love the lobby bar for pre-show cocktail and snack, Perfect location for our night at the opera, especially considering the snowstorm! The only negative was that our room was too warm for cool sleeping and we couldn't open the window.

Hello Diane H,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Empire. We can't express enough, our gratitude for your kind words posted on our Trip Advisor page. We strive to achieve all of the things that you mention including view, service and overall experience. Sorry that our windows do not currently open, perhaps potential for future projects however!

Please do think of us when returning to New York, in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest.

Yountville, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The location was great and the room/price ratio worked for a last minute visit to clients in Manhattan. The staff, particularly Nick, did everything to make sure my five days intended plus one additional day due to the weather, was comfortable. During the crazy weather when cabs were not an option, I was able to walk two blocks to the subway and make it to an appointments quickly. While coffee in the room was not an option, it is next to a Starbucks. The only complaint was in obtaining ice and other items for one's room...it is better to go down to the lobby or restaurant as the vibe is great and the service is prompt.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for..spend the extra money for a higher floor and stay away from the smoking op...