7,088 results
All reviews lincoln center ed's chowder house gossip girl pool deck central park columbus circle great location rooftop bar new york upper west side junior suite rooms are small around the corner times square nyc starbucks subway
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great room with a gorgeous view
Thanks Mr Ze for the upgrade
Looking forward to staying here more often this makes it hard to resist not coming back here very often.
Furniture is modern and hip.
Looking forward to sitting by the pool and having drinks and lunch tomorrow

Stayed: August 2014
John S, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello Dagabman,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Empire Hotel; we are thrilled to be included in your anniversary celebrations!

Great news that Ze took great care of you and enjoyed the location, the view and the style and design of our unique hotel! Please do enjoy the pool deck as the weather is supposed to be beautiful for the next several days and there is no better place to be enjoying delicious cocktails!

Please enjoy the rest of your stay and if there is anything we can assist with, please dial extension 7030 and we'd be pleased to help.

All the best and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Before I begin this review I should say that having read through some of the reviews prior to my stay I was really concerned about my booking and whether the hotel would meet my (previously high) expectations.
I made my concerns known to the hotel via the power of social media and on arrival at the hotel (a Saturday night in June at around 9pm) we had been upgraded to a corner suite free of charge. I was really happy & surprised about this.
Our room was really big (by City standards) had a lounge area and a good sized bathroom.
Our room was on the 10th floor and yes the lifts are slow and a tad unreliable.
We weren't disturbed by the street noise or by the roof top bar.
The bed was comfy but the wardrobe space left a lot to be desired. Considering that tourists do a lot of shopping in NYC, wardrobes could be better.
The bathroom was ok, it had a shower although no shower screen so the floor got pretty wet every time you washed.
Breakfast in the hotel was in their restaurant and was a choice if A la Carte or Continental buffet, we are here twice and were satisfied.
The rooftop is a really nice addition after a day in the city. The pool is tiny but it's a nice novelty.

Not sure I would stay here again or even if I would recommend it to friends but we did have an enjoyable stay and were happy and grateful for the free room upgrade.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
John S, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello sarahp103,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Empire Hotel and for sharing your experience on our Trip Advisor page.

We understand that reading reviews can certainly influence travelers and ultimately determine where guests stay, we do appreciate you persevering and choosing to stay with us. We are in the middle of a full elevator modernization project which explains why you experienced any extended wait times for the elevator. Yes, we have one elevator out of service, but this is based on proactive circumstances.

We do hope that your opinion changes and you do decide to make a return visit to The Empire Hotel. If you require any convincing, please email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com.

Thanks and all the best,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Upon arrival, Mr. Ze was very helpful with check in. Once he noticed I was traveling with children, he upgraded our rooms to get them close together. We found the rooms to be very clean and well stocked. We will be very comfortable here!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello Jen A,

Thank you for choosing The Empire Hotel and welcome!

Great to hear that Ze got your stay off to a perfect start and managed to get you situated ideally with your family. Just as important, the rooms need to be comfortable and well-stocked, so we are pleased you feel this way.

Please do enjoy your experience here at The Empire Hotel and do not hesitate to call on us if there is anything that you need assistance with.

Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Perfectly located. Rooms adequately sized and very clean. Good value.
While we did not go to the rooftop lounge, it seemed to be very popular. Concierge was very helpful in getting us to the right subways and attractions. Rooftop "pool" however was more of a lap pool, so not great for kids. Ed's Chowder House a great restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Tricia15002,

Thanks so much for your recent stay at The Empire Hotel and for writing such a generous review about your overall experience!

It's always rewarding to hear guests comment about our great location, cleanliness and service levels! Between these things and our Rooftop, Pool Deck and Ed's Chowder House, it certainly makes it easy to have a great stay with us!

We do look forward to welcoming you back to The Empire Hotel and kindly ask that you recommend us to your family, friends and/or colleagues. If there is anything assistance we can provide leading up to your next visit, please email us at gm@empirehotelnyc.com

All the best,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We paid extra money for a room with two queen-sized beds, but they put us in a room with two double beds instead. When I politely mentioned this to the people at the front desk, they told me that "hotel queen beds are actually smaller than real queen beds" and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. They were rude, smug, and completely unprofessional, and refused to correct their error. The elevators are very slow and work about half the time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family