Empire Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$237
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$233
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$267
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$178
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$183
US$140
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
US$192
US$158
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$219
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$228
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$266
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$261
US$233
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$271/night.

6,585 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarenycstarbuckssubway
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I know Manhattan is expensive... but my experience there has been if you're willing to pay the money, you'll usually get something nice. Not so with the Empire Hotel. This place is scrappy... it really really needs an update. It felt like the whole place was a bullet hole with a band aid slapped on it. Window sills with painted over rust pits, rotting bathroom doors.. also painted over. Pealing wallpaper... lots and lots of it. Oh, and let me tell you about the missing shower door: I go into the bathroom to take a shower and notice that we've got no shower door! Half of the shower is exposed to the bathroom. I call the front desk and am told that all the showers are that way and that it's a "design flaw". What?? Now I know why the bathroom door is rotting... from being constantly wet. Next, I notice that the toilet is totally wonky - pushed towards the wall. That's because (what I'm assuming is another "design flaw") the bathroom door hits the toilet when you try to open it all the way. There's also a weird sink that is completely flat, so that the water won't flow towards the drain (the design flaws just keep on comin'). This sink is pretty much the only place to put your make-up/brush/blow dryer and everything ends up wet from water in the the sink... that is flat.
The 3 stars are for the rusty, painted over old-timey a/c that worked great and the comfy beds. The room was clean enough and I thought the magnet "do not disturb" signs were kinda cool. And oh yeah, I sure wish I'd had a white sharpie to draw some portraits in the blank, black picture frames that are on the hallway wallpaper!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed her for 3 nights and we were not impressed. The lobby looks nice but it went downhill from there. The hallways and by the elevators are dimly lit which may be for ambience but not helpful. The design on the walls in the hallways was nauseating. We decided it was like being trapped in a funhouse. Our room was average at best and not the junior suite we were anticipating. In a 2 bed jr suite with 4 people I would have thought they would have put more than 2 towels. Our beds had no top sheet which we are accustomed to. We had to ask for flat sheets, towels, and wash cloths. It took me a while to locate a trash can. There was one small one in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. The sink didn’t drain well so we had to be quick washing our hands and brushing our teeth. The faucet was close to the sink so there was little room for movement under the water. The shower was an experience. I turned on the water and was blasted in the face and then soaked the floor and wall. It just had the glass partition, not a full door or curtain. The piece that holds the hand sprayer was broken and would just drop it. We had to angle and prop it up the whole time. When you turned on the ceiling waterfall the hand sprayer continued spraying as well which was annoying.
The pillows were flat and there were 3 per bed so we took turns getting a second pillow for the night.
The second night, we noticed they made the beds with the flat sheet we put on but the tag for the sheet was sticking up right between our faces.
We were looking forward to some relaxing time on the roof deck but all the doors were locked. The front desk stated that it doesn’t open until summer which was a little confusing since we were from Texas were it was already 99degress everyday. The guy couldn’t give a specific open date but we were told it could be Memorial Day weekend.
The hotel is in a nice location but that’s about were the pro list stops.
We will never stay there again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed here May 22-23rd, Mr Pasquale checked us in and he was very nice. We decided we wanted to check the rooftop out because it was raining and we didn’t want to go back out, we went up to the roof and we saw a few guys there the pool was closed of course but this one guy offered to take some pictures by the pool still since it was our first time being there then showed us where the bar was. I was curious and asked who he was, turns out My boyfriend and I was talking to the Vice President of the hotel The entire time and didn’t know. The fray thing is I work in hotel too as well, hopefully we see Kenneth again. Kenneth was very nice and helped and because of him and great hotel staff we will be coming back we had a great time. Thank you :-)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear DJand Nadii,

Wow thank you so much we look forward to your next visit. Pasquale is fantastic and I will share your feedback with him! Our pool opens Memorial Day through Labor Day! Thank you again.

Best regards,

Scott G

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here back in December and gave the place 5-stars. Love the location! Last time the staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. And, last time my husband and I got upgraded to a really nice room. This time I was alone and OK with no upgrade. The room was very nice, though quite small, and I did keep banging my shins on the bed...

But the reason I am giving them 3-stars now was because of the lack of REAL coffee in the room. Here is what you get: There is a Keurig maker, and you get (4) complimentary pods....not per day...(4) for your stay. After that - you pay for them. And they are not all coffee: My room's 4-designated pods were: green tea, hot cocoa, flavored coffee, and one half-caffeinated coffee. And, "NO!" you cannot switch out the pods you don't want for ones you do.

Well, I like coffee; not flavored coffee, and not half-caffeinated coffee....so i was completely out of luck. I could not enjoy a nice cup of coffee in the comfort of my room; I had to get dressed, go down and out of the hotel to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. When you are spending over $300/night for a tiny room - (hey-it's New York, so thats normal)...BUT you expect at least a little coffee maker with REAL coffee that you can enjoy; and you normally get a new packet each day so you can have your morning coffee.

Coffee is not that expensive; especially the relatively cheap coffee you normally get at hotels. Damn - even Motel 6 has unlimited free coffee - though you have to go to the reception area to get it. Why is management choosing to make cuts in this area? BIG MISTAKE!

Guess I have to pack my own Keurig pods next time I stay here....or maybe I will just stay somewhere else.....

Room Tip: Bring your own Keurig Pods if you want decent coffee
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Regina C,

I am sorry about the miscommunication we quite frankly should have given you extra K-Cups! I will follow up with the team and share your feedback. Please let me know when your returning in the future and I have made notes on your profile.

Best,

Scott G.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very happy with our stay at this hotel. Mackenzie was very kind at the front desk. Great location. Nice rooftop bar. Nice views. Close to the subway. Near Lincoln Center. Had a nice buffet breakfast. Will return here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek M

Dear Derek M

Than your for your business and wonderful eview I am thrilled you had an exceptional expereiucne! I will share your feedback with Mackensie!

Best regards,