7,076 results
All reviews lincoln center ed's chowder house gossip girl pool deck central park columbus circle great location rooftop bar new york upper west side junior suite rooms are small around the corner times square nyc starbucks subway
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This most definitely our new go-to in NYC. The staff is wonderful (thank you Pasquale!!!), extremely helpful, professional, and willing to do whatever you need...call a ride, hail a cab, store your luggage. Just fabulous.
The rooftop pool/lounge area is amazing! Plenty of loungers, cabana beds, tables and chairs. Drinks are served to you, the servers are awesome.
This location is perfect. Directly across from Lincoln Center, a block from Central Park. Restaurant choices everywhere you look, Starbucks and Duane Reed righboutside the lobby doors.
I personally don’t care about wallpaper, or a noisy elevator. Everything about this beautiful hotel was perfection.
I will stay here again in a heartbeat, and I would recommend it to my best friend, my parents, anyone asking for a great place to stay!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear palmerfam,

First and foremost thank you for your business. I am delighted you had such an amazing experience at the Empire Hotel! Rest assured I will share your review with the entire team! Pasquale is a rock star and I will be sure to let him know! We look forward to your return visit!

With best regards,

Scott G. GM

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We love this hotel. Its near Central Park, next to the Lincoln center and a great shopping venue (Century21) is a block away. It's also close to many great restaurants and not too far from Times Square (15 short blocks for an easy walk). The rooftop restaurant is beautiful with views, and the breakfast buffet was incredible and was a reasonable price ($20). TKTS is right next door in the Lincoln Center so that's so much better than waiting at Times Square for TKTS. The room was excellent too and the four elevators make the wait time minimal. THe gym is also excellent.

Room Tip: I havent had a bad room yet and have stayed many times.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Joe V,

Wow thank you so very much for your awesome review and business! I am thrilled we are your favorite hotel and I will share your review with my team! We look ofrard to your next visit!

BEst regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Great Hotel! Great Staff! Very nice Bar. Great Bartender! I have stayed in a few hotels in New York in the past! Including the Plaza several times, by far Felt more welcome and a friendlier staff! My room was quieter and the bar was nicer( staff wise) with a great Bartender.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear j0hnc0ates,

Thank you so very much for fantastic review! Thriulled you had a great stay made more enjoyable by the great staff! I will share your review with my entire TEAM.

BEst,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Clean and cozy. Staff was excellent. Location was phenomenal. Walking distance to central park. Directly across the street from Lincoln Center. Starbucks downstairs around the corner as well as a Duane Reade. Reasonable 24hr. Parking only one block away.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nikki911,

Thank you so very much for your business and taking the time to tell us about your awesome stay! I will share your review with my TEAM.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Location is superb. Just out of the hustle and bustle but still very much in the heart of NYC if you’re visiting as a tourist. Central Park is a 5 min walk away and Times Square a 10 min walk away.

Hotel itself is very run down and old. Poor lighting in the rooms and the whole establishment. Old wallpaper and carpet. The lifts are extremely slow and make you feel slightly uneasy. Shower pressure is good but the bathrooms are TINY (and I mean small - honestly, barely fits one person) Air conditioning is a box in the room that makes so much noise, but staff are friendly are very friendly.

On Fridays and Saturdays, this hotel turns into a mating ground for young people. The empire rooftop bar is a popular place and gets completely rammed and lots of people end up booking rooms in the hotel. We came home from dinner on both of those nights with people entering the lift with us inebriated and loud. The walls are also PAPER thin, and anything happening in the rooms around yours or on your floor can be heard.

I would recommend this hotel if you’re not planning on being in your room for most of your trip. The bad lighting and smallness of the room makes you feel really claustrophobic but the location is superb and the bed is comfy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daniela20188

Dear daniiela20188

Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your experience I am sorry you endured a few challenges while a guest of the hotel.

I will share your view with my TEAM and follow up on your room assignment.

Thank you again and I hope you will give us another opportunity.

Best regards,