“Superb hotel with an excellent staff”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #344 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I have stayed at the Empire a couple of times and every time it delivers beyond my expectations. The hotel is hip and the rooms are very comfortable. What makes it really special is the service. At the front desk, Helena took my small requests and turned them into an overall great stay. You can also have a lot of fun at the nearby restaurants as well as the one in-house, not to mention the proximity to the Park and Lincoln Center. I highly recommend this hotel for both work and pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Empiregmanager, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Dear tonofsnow,

As General Manager of The Empire Hotel, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post your feedback of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Exceeding our guest's expectations and providing a high level of service is our number one priority and I am pleased to hear that Helena made such a lasting impression on you! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Empire the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

David McManus

Reviewed 3 March 2011

The Empire Hotel NY is a very hip and trendy location, but they tried a little too hard with the design of their showers! We stayed on the 5th floor for a weekend and with the first attempt to shower, we noticed that there was no shower door, so the bathroom floor gets water everywhere while people shower! I am in construction/real estate for a living and said there is no way that was supposed to be designed that way, but we were there for a fun trip, so I didn't think much of it. The second night, we came back to our room and while laying in bed noticed that part of the ceiling had been painted with primer to cover a water leak from the bathroom in the room above us! After discuss the issue with the front desk, they said they were AWARE of the water/mold problem and were doing their best to go floor to floor to resolve the issue. I said 'so I've been sleeping in a room with mold for 2 nights and breathing it in with your knowledge of it' and his response was 'we are doing our very best to fix the design flaw and hope that you'll come back soon!' NOT A CHANCE

3  Thank discountaz

Dear discountaz,

My name is David McManus and I am the General Manager of The Empire Hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at our Hotel. Thank you for posting your feedback regarding the shower design and ceiling damage to our attention. I can assure you that we have a very aggressive preventative maintenance program in place to address any water damage issues that occur within the building to ensure that it is rectified in a timely manner. I hope you will consider returning returning to The Empire again in the near future.

David McManus

Reviewed 3 March 2011

This boutique hotel offered the highest level in customer service recently experienced! Within 15 minutes of being in my room, I received a call to inquire as to whether the room met my expectations and standards. The price was really great and the location can't be beat...right across the street from the Lincoln theatres/centers and within walking distance of the best retails stores and restaurants. Although the weather did not permit, the hotel offers Indoor/Outdoor Rooftop Bar & Lounge but I did have the pleasure of dining at Ed’s Chowder House restaurant within the facility. Overall, the room was small as expected from the older hotels, but did not lack atmosphere, cleanliness and comfort. Again, for the price, service and location, it will be my hotel of choice again for future visits.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DC_2011
Reviewed 3 March 2011

we got a terrific deal on priceline, and stayed at the empire for three nights around christmas. the location is fantastic, the hotel is well appointed, the rooms are small but comfortable. highly recommended, especially if you can get a great rate (we paid about $130/night which i think is pretty good for nyc. i would certainly return.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2011

The hotel location is perfect just in front of the Lincoln Center and the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is small but with a good distribution.
We arrived at the hotel for 2nd time at 15:30 and the room wasn't ready because it needed the house keeping verification (the same excuse at 14:30), after complained several times for the waiting time at last we're in our room at 16:05. The most listened word at the lobby was: "I apologize" , said to us and to the rest of the guests that were waiting for their room for a long time as us. They gave to us a complimentary breakfast for the check-in delay.

1  Thank Megyxu
EmpireManagement, Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2011

Dear Megyxu,

My name is Jennifer Baldwin and I am the Assistant General Manager of the Empire Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Hotel and that our location exceeded your expectations. However I am truly disappointed to hear that you were unable to check in until after our designated check in time at 3PM. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please be assured I will share your feedback with my Executive Team to ensure this issue does not occur again in the future.

Jennifer Baldwin

Reviewed 1 March 2011

What a wonderful surprise to find this gem of a hotel located right across the street from Lincoln Center! My suite was absolutely lovely and the staff could not have done more for me. The bar was great! Room service was prompt but the food was mediocre and that is the only thing that was not totally perfect about my stay. I highly recommend this hotel to the most discriminating traveler. Recently completely renovated and in one of the most convenient spots in Manhattan, it offers a flawless experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo

Dear Sun4Me10,

WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of The Empire Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Jennifer Baldwin

Reviewed 1 March 2011

From the moment I walked in the building everyone was extremely accomodating. My flight came in early, so I was worried about checking into my room. As I entered the lobby/check in area, a very sweet blonde lady helped me with my reservation. She was fast, had a great attitude, and she upgraded my room.
When I got to my room, everything was extremely clean, the shower was amazing. The bed was perfect. I had absolutley everything I needed. The mini bar was fully stocked. Room service was fast and food was wonderful.
As I checked out the next morning, again I saw the same lady. Again, everything was great and I headed to the airport.
My stay at the Empire Hotel, was wonderful. The surrounding area had some great restaraunts !!!.