“Really nice hotel and superb staff.”

Comfort Inn Times Square South
Ranked #292 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Really nice hotel and superb staff.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I had booked one night from Agoda for ridiculously low price and when I arrived I checked again if there was a good deal as it was so, I ended staying for 4 nights and the front desk staff was really nice to arrange everything together and fullfilling my requests. Believe me that is not the case for most hotels I booked for low prizes online in USA, usually I got the worst rooms and cold attitude. But not here. Loved this hotel. Small rooms but everything a solo traveller needs, clean and a nice breakfast. Will deffo check for this hotel on my next trip to NYC.
Thanks!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank sjustistu
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear sjustistu,

Thank you for your high praise and recommendation. I am thrilled that enjoyed your NYC visit and the hotel and its services met your expectations. We hope we have another occasion to welcome you both back in the future. Please do not hesitate if I can be of any assistance now or in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am an out of town Actor and I travel regularly into the city to audition. I have been coming into town to audition for over 20 years. I have worn out my welcome with so many friends who live in and near the city...and I became weary of sleeping on couches and invading other people's spaces. What a delight to find Comfort Inn Times Square South one block from Port Authority and smack dab in the middle of "Audition Center" (i.e a couple blocks from Ripley Grier Studios, Pearl Studios, Chelsea Studios, Nola Studios, Telsey, not too mention Broadway, Off-Broadway Shows all around you...etc!) They gave me a great price, a full complimentary breakfast, free internet service. The room was clean, safe, quiet, warm, and the staff was wonderful and so helpful!! Thanks Leon! Thank-you Susana....Front Office Manager! Even if you are not an actor, this is a great place to stay and the location is amazing!

Dear Pamy516,

Thank you very much for your amazing comments, I will be sure to share them with the team. It is always pleasure to hear that our guests have the opportunity to enjoy all that we have to offer as we consistently strive to exceed expectations. Upon your next visit to NYC, I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome both you and your friends.

Best wishes,

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Staff was very polite and helpful. Even though we arrived at 11:30 a.m. on a very cold day, our room was ready! thank you! Room was very clean and comfortable. The price was excellent for New York City!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda G
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Linda G,

We thank you so much for the very detailed review ! We appreciate, and take all of our guests' feedback extremely seriously, but we consider ourselves especially fortunate to be reviewed by an obviously seasoned traveler. On behalf of my entire team, we look forward to serving your future travel needs! Safe travels!

Best regards,

Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Nice, no frills place to stay in NYC. Close to Javits Convention Center and other Times Square attractions. Staff was courteous, neat and very helpful with directions and eating suggestions. Good value for the money in NYC.

Dear Bob B,

florida
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights with my daughter on a girls weekend. I was skeptical at first because the hotel was "free" with our airline booking. I read some reviews and they were all positive. When we arrived the front desk staff were very friendly and gave us a room immediately (we arrived at 11am). The room was lovely, very modern and absolutely spotless, a big plus for New York City hotels. The beds were so comfortable. The room was not large, very European in size, but of course you're not there to spend all your time in the room. Our room overlooked 39th street so it was a bit noisy with the windows open at night. I would recommend a room in the back and apparently the views are better too. Breakfast was included which consisted of eggs, cereal, pastries, fruit, tea, coffee and juice. I found out the regular rate for our stay was $117 a night including breakfast. I was shocked to find such a nice, clean hotel in NYC for that price. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear oldham ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are grateful to see that you graded us above all of the other hotels nearby. We pride ourselves in providing extraordinary service with the standard amenities that all Comfort Inn Time Square offer’s such as our free breakfast which you mentioned to have enjoyed. I'm also glad to see that you did not let the size of our rooms greatly affect your opinion of us. We hope to see you soon. Safe travels!

Best regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Unfortunately this accommodation was not what we expected. We arrived on the 30 Dec to spend NYE in Times Square, early afternoon. As you can expect it was busy and we understood that, however the desk clerk kept asking me about my booking and the type of rooms we had booked. I was travelling with my husband and two children (12 & 14). I had booked a King room and a double twin room. I had previously looked into the accommodation thoroughly and was aware that the accommodation was small with only 4 rooms per floor and no interconnecting rooms. Before I booked I was assured by the manager prior, that with my booking I would be on the same floor as my children's room and I stressed this point. So when I was queried about the children being on a different floor I stated absolutely not and was advised that we would have to wait as two rooms on the same floor were currently being cleaned. Happily we waited - initially standing for 45 mins as the entrance (not lobby) had a couch (3 seater) and 2 chairs which were occupied. 3 hours later (not exaggerated) we were advised the rooms were ready - after I had to remind the desk staff several times as staff changed and they were dealing with another lady who had a complaint. Wearily we went to the rooms to find that our room was a double - so my husband and I could not sleep together ! Thinking they made a mistake we went down and spoke to the desk to be advised that if we wanted to be with our children, that was all there was, as they were very full !! This was totally upsetting and as such we were not happy. The desk gentlemen advised maybe in a few days (we were staying 6 days), two rooms of what we booked might become available and we were to check every day if this was so !! Needless to say it truly ruined the first couple of days of out holiday as that night we checked out to another hotel after needless time was spent searching on the computer and then walking the streets of New York at 10 pm when it was absolutely freezing! Then loading back into a taxi (2) again as we had 8 bags to travel to the new hotel. I can say the staff at the Comfort Inn were very nice and the Manager assisted us with a letter to our credit card to unfreeze funds that were swiped - but we had to fax this ourselves, as their fax did not fax internationally and we come from Australia. Please be aware that when people say the rooms are small - they are very small, no room for more than one bag. Bathroom is very small, and the door to the bathroom is right where the door to the room is so its very squeezey to get in the room without catching this door handle. The door to the stairwell is right next to this room, probably making it the smallest room and as such a lot of people and staff use this door that was banging in the short time we were there. Also it is a non smoking hotel and after we were made to sign a contract to state we would not smoke, we were shocked to smell smoke on our floor coming from the stairwell, which I believe were the cleaning staff as when they walked past I could smell it. I believe this would be a nice hotel for short stays and couples only - not recommended for families. Shop around as we finally stayed in the Intercontinental Times Square for only $200 US in total more than this hotel - and we had a King room and a twin room for children - on same floor. This could have been the time of the year we were travelling though as I believe understandably the Comfort Inn put their prices up.

Room Tip: There is only one King room per floor - the rest are double twins. Ask for a room not next to the st...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Wazza71,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced. At the Comfort Inn Times Square South, we take pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet yours, or our own, expectations. I have personally reviewed your issues with our team to ensure that something like this does not happen again. I hope you contact me to discuss this further and give us a chance to change your opinion on your next visit to New York. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of service you have every right to expect from Choice Hotels.

Warm regards,

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed there one night. The location was extremely convenient. The staff was very nice, and though the room was small, it was perfectly neat, beds and restrooms very clean. Very reasonably priced. Will definitely stay there next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Kristin S,