Our trip was Feb 28-Mar 2 (Fri-Sun) and we wanted to stay near Times Square but not pay crazy prices. This hotel fit the bill. The beds were comfy, lots of pillows! The room was clean and quiet. The showerhead was the kind that you could spin to choose your water flow--that was a pleasant surprise. The beds had nightstands next to them, lights and electrical outlets were above the night stand--both very much appreciated. The room is small but big enough for 2 adults. You could easily fit 4 adults in the rooms with two beds (which we had, but you would have to get creative about where to put 4 suitcases. That being said, I think it would still be manageable. The complimentary breakfast was in the basement and the area was also better than I expected--nice furnishings, tv, soda and snack machines and for breakfast a variety of cereals (in boxes), fruits, yogurts, breads, and a hot dish. There were two elevators, we were on the 15th floor and never waited to long for one. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful.
Times Square/Broadway is a short L-shaped walk away...maybe two or three blocks. There's also a Walgreen's drugstore right around the corner from the hotel. There are many places to eat nearby and a subway stop nearby. We took a cab from Penn Station to the hotel--it cost $5. The hotel is next to a male strip club. Do not be alarmed, we wouldn't have even known what it was had we not been curious about the red carpet laid out at night. One night we came back around midnight and the carpet and velvet rope were both gone. We saw no lines, no one going in or out, and heard no noise. The rest of the block is equally as quiet.
I paid about $400 for a weekend stay including taxes, all things considered, I'd stay here again. (Note: we were also able to walk to the Javits convention center from here and one member of our travel party was in a walking boot).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free WiFi and hot breakfast. Comfort Inn Times Square South is conveniently situated in the heart of Manhattan. Our ideal location allows you to easily reach hundreds of area businesses and attractions. The Broadway Theater District, Times Square, Madison Square Garden arena, the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Center are all within walking distance from this New York, NY hotel.Each of our 100 percent non-smoking guest rooms feature modern decor and upscale amenities, like flat-panel, televisions, pillow-top mattresses, coffee makers, spacious work desks, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Inn Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Times Square South Hotel New York City
- Times Square Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn New York City
- New York City Comfort Inn