“Comfortable hotel with excellent service”

Comfort Inn Times Square South
Ranked #289 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel with excellent service”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I spent six nights at the Comfort Inn in Times Square and left feeling really relaxed and well looked after. The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. The bathroom always had fresh towels. I was a little concerned that being in the middle of Times Square I would have a problem with noise pollution but this was not the case. The staff were all friendly and really helpful. They bent over backwards to make sure you were having a nice experience. Free breakfast is downstairs and although the room is a little small you are able to take the food up to your room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Becky S
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Becky S,

Thank you for sharing your very detailed review! We are very pleased to learn that your expectations were met. On behalf of our entire team we thank you and we hope to have the pleasure of receiving you again here at the Comfort Inn Times Square South!

With warm regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Although small (expected in NYC) our room was comfortable with all the features necessary for our stay. The hotel was in a great location and very clean. But what made it stand out was the staff. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate all of our needs, they really did make us feel welcome and at home. I will always choose this location if staying in NY again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary S
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Mary S,

We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations! Our professional staff is devoted to making your stay most enjoyable! We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again
soon!

Safe travels!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was by far the best hotel for the value I could have picked. My wife and I have never been to New York City and we got a wonderful rate at this location. When we arrived the staff was very pleasant and our second floor room was clean. Despite its small size, the bed was comfortable and clean. This hotel is only 0.1 miles from Times Square, 0.3 miles from Empire State Building, 0.4 miles from Madison Square Garden, 0.3 miles from Macys and only a block away from the ACE blue line subway. This subway will take you to Central Park, SoHo, Little Italy and to Ground Zero along with other locations. The 42nd St. Port Authority Bus Terminal is only 0.2 miles away and is a major connection point from almost all of the subway lines. The hotel provides breakfast to its guests which saved us a lot of money in food costs and if you want, their is a Starbucks less than 200 feet away.
On the down side, as I stated above, the hotel room is small with our king size bed but very clean. Our view was into a back yard, but we only slept in our room and did not get the room for the view. I am sure the view on the 20th floor was better.
This is a wonderful hotel for its location, location, location. If you are going to New York City to see the sites, this is the hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: If you would like a better view outside of your room, you might want to request a room on the upper...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cambpwmgs
Dear cambpwmgs,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are grateful to see that you graded us above all of the other hotels nearby. We pride ourselves in providing extraordinary service with the standard amenities that all Comfort Inn Time Square offer’s such as our free breakfast which you mentioned to have enjoyed. I'm also glad to see that you did not let the size of our rooms greatly affect your opinion of us. We hope to see you soon. Safe travels!

Best regards,

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I booked this room well in advance of my family's stay. There were a total of 6 of us so it is a pretty big family. I called the same day as making my reservations to see if I could get either connecting rooms or rooms next to one another since we had our 4 kids with us. I was GUARANTEED/ENSURED that I would have at the very least have the two rooms I wanted to reserve right next to one another. Not only did I not have connecting rooms or rooms next to one another, but they were on completely different floors! At first, they were separated by something like 12 floors, but they got us to the 20th and 17th floors. I still think that after being GUARANTEED rooms next to one another, the VERY LEAST they could do was put us on the same floor! Upon checking in, I was told by the front desk that they overbooked the hotel and there was nothing that they could do about it. So I asked to speak to a manager and I was told that the manager was no longer there, so we asked if they could call the manager and the response I was given was "NO". They were not going to call the manager. I paid roughly $350 per room and what I expected was to be given what I was told I was going to be given and at least be given the courtesy to speak to somebody in charge that could fix this problem for us!
I was told that there were going to be 2 complementary waters in my room... Well, there wasn't. I also asked the front desk if I emailed them something, could they print it out for me. They said yes. I told them to please slide it under my door so that I would have it in the morning, but nothing was there when I woke up. No phone call or nothing to let me know as to why they didn't. That morning, I went downstairs to find out and the response was we forgot. As an active duty military member, I do a lot of traveling! I do not see my family staying at this hotel chain anymore.
So I am COMPLETELY UNHAPPY with the treatment I had received!!! The chances of me staying at another one of your hotels with my family is slim to none!!!
When I received a response from this hotel manager, all it said was "On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future." That's the best you can do?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RP2459
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear RP2459,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us during your visit. Your invaluable feedback will give us an opportunity to improve and be of better service to our guests. I am glad that we were able to discuss your stay with us. I was able to understand your dissatisfaction with the room assignments considering your reservation was for an adjoining room that we do not have at the hotel. As we discussed the email that was sent did not have an attachment or an active link therefore, the tickets were not printed. As a loyal guests we offer priority to many services and amenities based on availability being that the room type assignment you requested were not available that particular day.Unfortunately, at the time of your arrival it was not available and this caused a big disappointment to you & your family. We sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with the room assignment of your preference.Although there is never a second chance for a great first impression, I am glad we were able to make amends for your experience. Thank you for giving us a chance to make things right!

I look forward welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

With kind regards,

Boston, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very hospitable staff. Clean and what you would expect for standards at a chain like Comfort Inn! Great location! Breakfast started us off right in the morning! Small but NY doesn't have any space left! I still think NYC hotels are over priced but I think you at least get the most bang for your buck here!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Patti M,

We thank you so much for the very detailed & honest review. We appreciate, and take all of our guests' feedback extremely seriously, but we consider ourselves especially fortunate to be reviewed by an obviously seasoned traveler. It sincerely brings us great pleasure to know that we not only met but exceeded your expectations!
On behalf of my entire team, we look forward to serving your future travel needs!

Safe travels!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We travel extensively as part of our jobs and although not the swankiest of hotels we normally stay in, it was certainly the warmest, most accommodating and genuinely nice place we have stayed in. Suzanne and Leo instantly greeted us in a natural and 'warm' manner which instant,y made us feel at home. Much prefer staying here than in te more imperious, cold 'swankier' establishments we usually stay in.

The rooms were perfectly clean, big enough considering it is NY and the price was reasonable.

We'd recommend skipping the hot breakfast which is very much identifiable meat however there's plenty of cereals and yogurts which are fine to take up to your room.

Fortunately there's a Dean & Deluca on the next corner or Starbucks cross he road.

We were also surprised at how quiet it was given the location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandi682014
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Sandi682014,

We are delighted to hear that we made such a lasting impression! Thank you kindly for your kind words and praises! We strive to exceed our guest expectations and when we get reviews like this one it only motivates us to reach further and aim higher with each guest we have the opportunity to be of service with! We thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Times Square South and look forward in having you visit us again soon!

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Small but very clean rooms. Comfortable beds. The location and service is superb. Breakfast is more than adequate although the dining room does get very crowded. Leo and the boys at the front desk are fabulous!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear hippychick808,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We hope you visit us again soon!

Safe travels,