“Great value for NYC!”

Comfort Inn Times Square South
Ranked #289 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed during the week of July 4th, and it was the most affordable hotel in the area. I was expecting a dirty room, so I when with cleaning utensils and candles for the smell. It is a small hotel, but clean and comfortable. Rooms are small, but nice and clean. The staff is nice and professional especially Peter in the front desk. Breakfast is ok, but hello is free! They should design another area for breakfast or change the gigantic table that is in the room, which occupies almost the whole space. Location is perfect! You would not be disappointed! The parking for $ 40 is a very high rate, we almost paid more for parking than for the hotel room !other than that we had a great time !

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BJudith
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear BJudith,

We thank you dearly for sharing your stellar review about your stay. We are so excited our charming location was to your liking and that we were close to your areas of interest. I am grateful that you have returned to stay with us on different occasions and allowed us to indulge with our service and amenities. We love making special moments and endless memories so your stay is always special and unique. Your kind compliments about our staff will forever be cherished and we are touched that you felt the warmth of our hospitality. We all would be honored to welcome you back and create another wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Times Square South

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Took my girls to New York for their 18th & 21st birthdays. Chose Comfort Inn as a recommendation from Travel Agent and was very pleased I did. Excellent location, great value for money as the most important thing in New York is to 'get out there and explore'. Comfortable rooms, good sizes especially as we were on top floor over looking Times Square far enough away for a good night's sleep but with a fantastic view, especially at sunrise. The staff were amazing from check in to check out could not do enough for us. Always with a smile. Great team... Thank you. Breakfast was great to start the day but if you want relaxed sit down service Ruby Tuesdays in Times Square superb. Would recommend Comfort Inn to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Naomi P

Dear Naomi,

Amazing!!! Thank you so much for the very detailed review. We appreciate, and take all of our guests' feedback extremely seriously, but we consider ourselves especially fortunate to be reviewed by an obviously seasoned traveler. On behalf of my entire team, we look forward to serving your future travel needs!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location, just a couple blocks to the subway, and close enough to walk to Penn Station and Times Square. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are tiny, but you're really only in the room to sleep and shower. We were traveling with my sister and her family, so we had 2 rooms, 1203 and 1204. 1204 was a larger than 1203. There are only 4 rooms per floor due to the small footprint of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca H

Dear Rebecca H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are grateful to see that you graded us above all of the other hotels nearby. We pride ourselves in providing extraordinary service with the standard amenities that all Comfort Inn Time Square offer’s such as our free breakfast which you mentioned to have enjoyed. I'm also glad to see that you did not let the size of our rooms greatly affect your opinion of us. We hope to see you soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were going to a concert at the Hammerstein and stayed here... super convenient, clean, affordable, and they even included a pretty extensive free breakfast! OK, the room is pretty darn small, but for NYC, I couldn't complain! Parking garage right across the street costs $40 overnight (uh yeah.. they negotiated from $40.55 down to $40.. but again, it's NYC)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear landladytina,

Thank you for grading us above the rest!!! We value your honest review about our hotel's cleanliness, location &, complimentary breakfast! The pricing for the parking garages in NYC are a bit high and we are glad that your did not let that affect your stay.
We certainly hope you return to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at this location last night, and I had stayed once before. This time prompted me to write a review.

Customer service: wonderful. The staff really made an effort to make sure I felt I was valued. They did this even though they could not always deliver good news (for example, I could not check in earlier than 3pm because of a large party, and they apologized profusely for this even though they didn't have to. They also quickly volunteered to hold my bag, which they did, in a very secure location). Every time I re-entered the building, I was greeted immediately and asked how I could be helped and later, how my day was. Lemon water at the front desk in the evening was a nice touch, as were the bottles of water in the room! One of the staff offered a great recommendation for a very quick takeaway lunch, which turned out to be exactly what I needed (Port Authority Cafe right across the street, breakfast all day).

I can't say enough about the location, which is fabulous for me because I come to NY for theater and restaurants. The hotel is located steps off 8th Avenue at 39th Street. Easy access to Penn Station, the ACE line, and Port Authority, not to mention Times Square, which I could see from my window on the 17th floor (see photo).

The room was very clean and comfortable, as has always been true of Comfort Inn, and the air conditioning was cold and controllable. If you are looking for a huge room, you are probably going to want to choose a different chain; Comfort Inn provides great bang for the buck, which is what attracts me, and when I go to NY, the only time I spend in my room is when I'm sleeping.

I plan to return to NY in a couple weeks, and I will definitely come back. Thanks to the terrific folks at this hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1701, which was terrific. See view of the corner of Times Square (attached). 39th S...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Trixie R

Dear Trixie R,

We are so pleased to hear that your stay was "terrific" !!! We sincerely appreciate your wonderful review and look forward in welcoming you again soon! Please feel free to contact me upon your next trip so that we can be sure to upgrade your room to a suite!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My cousins and I stayed here for three nights to celebrate our milestone birthdays and were very pleased with the accommodations and the service. We felt the rates were reasonable considering the convenient location and the hot breakfast each morning really helped to cut down on food costs. Although the breakfast area was quite small, our room was clean and comfortable and suited our needs since we spent most of our time exploring NYC. Peter and Fiona from the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly each and every time we had a question or needed some tips. Best tips Peter gave us (and there were many) were: purchase your discounted Broadway tickets at the "TKTS" booth at the Seaport South Street location rather than the Times Square location -- one day we waited for only 15 minutes and got seats in the third row for that night's performance. Amazing! We went back the next day and walked right up to the counter for decent seats (not as good as the first night though) for that same night's performance of a different show. Peter's second tip was to eat at "John's Pizzaria" on 44th street -- best pizza I've ever had and great service was provided! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank malice5
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear malice5,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have felt the warmth and professionalism of our wonderful staff! We continuously strive to make each guest experience an enjoyable one. We are devoted in exceeding our guest expectations and knowing that we were able to create that experience definitely encourages us to continue to strive to exceed the hospitality standards in service! Thank you for your motivation and we look forward in providing even better service upon your next visit with us!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

So close to Amtrak Penn Station that we could have walked if it hadn't been 12:30 am when our train arrived. Taxi ride was $4.50. We only stayed overnight because we were catching another train early the next day. I called when we knew we were arriving so late & was assured they were holding our room. William at the front desk was friendly & efficient. I had reserved a king bed but when we got to the room it was two doubles. Too tired to request anything different, just interested in getting a few hours sleep. No problem that the room was small with little room to move. The beds were comfortable & we slept well. Breakfast was available at 6:30 am. Small dining area. Check out was a breeze & cabs were close by.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CITS_Manager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2014

Dear Grandmoose,

We are glad that you enjoyed your New York City experience and your stay with us! We would love for you to come back and experience even more. Should your travels bring you back to NYC, please think of the Comfort Inn Times Square South Hotel your "home away from home".

Kind regards,