“Great Stay in Manhattan!”

Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
Ranked #331 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Rome, Italy
“Great Stay in Manhattan!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Well located hotel easily reached by public transportation from JFK was perfect for a great rest from my transatlantic flight into New York. Comfortable king size bed and immaculate room was what I needed to get a great start on seeing the city.
Most importantly, the friendly staff went out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. Milta and Mabel greeted me with a smile, and assisted me in retrieving an item I had inadvertently left behind in the room when I checked out. When I went back to the hotel to pick up the item, they had it waiting for me at the front desk! Also Ramon and Josue went out of their way to assist.
Thanks to all for making my stay so memorable - very much appreciated for the weary traveler!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Ayrshire Scotland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would like to convey my thanks to all the staff at the Holiday Inn Chelsea for making our stay in New York a very easy and pleasant experience. This has to be the friendliest hotel I've stayed in. Please give our regards to Joseu, Carlos, Larry, Ron, Rachel to name but a few who should be commended on their hospitality. We stayed in room 2201 and gave great views of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building I would recommend this room. PS if you're looking for transportation back to Newark it's a lot easier to get a private hire car it only costs 85 dollars sounds expensive but if your sharing works out cheaper plus the hotel organises it for you.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel prior to arrival and ask for a high city view room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great - only a few minutes from the subway station and within walking distance of a lot of attractions. My room was comfortable, clean, and surprisingly big for manhattan standards (i have stayed in smaller rooms). The bed was comfortable and the decor of the room was modern and inviting. My room was very quiet at night - I didn't hear anything, be it from the outside or from inside the hotel. I had to wait for an elevator once - and that did take a while. But usually the wait times were under a minute. I had eaten breakfast once at the restaurant and it was fine. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank conary
panama city florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 6 nights in May. At check in, I asked about getting a room with a view, they said none were available but we still had a partial view of the empire state building. We were on the 17th floor with a king bed. The room was big enough for up to three people. It was bigger than expected. The room was very clean and they serviced our room every day. The staff was very helpful from making suggestions for places to eat (hotel restaurant was closed for remodeling), helping with our luggage, getting me a newspaper and calling taxis for us. One night we came in very late and our room key wouldn't work, I went down to the front desk and they sent someone from maintenance up within 5 minutes. We loved the location of this hotel. Very walkable to all areas of New York if you are willing and able. What I loved most about this hotel was the price and the staff. Couldn't beat the price for this area of NYC and the staff were very friendly. Always had a smile on their faces. When I visit NYC again I will defiantly stay at the Holiday Inn in Chelsea!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pcgatormom
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you're used to the midwest, the rooms might seem small. If you've ever stayed in an NY hotel with one tiny bed and nowhere to put your suitcase, you'll appreciate the size of this place--for no extra charge, I had a room with TWO double beds, a full bathtub, and space for my suitcase.
The true pleasure, though, is the staff here; they all, to a one, went out of their way to be helpful, courteous, and kind. I would absolutely stay here again--the price was very reasonable and the staff really made the experience a special one. If all Holiday Inns were this lovely...

Room Tip: I called in advance to ensure a non-smoking room, and with double-beds.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Holiday Inn In Chelsea, is an amazing hotel. The rooms are clean and tide, the location is perfect and just the middle of everything. The thing that most amazed me in this hotel was the incredible service from the team - going out in the morning you get a good morning, and coming back in the eve you get a good eve.

P.S,

Try the food at the hotel bar - Yam!

Room Tip: High floor as always
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for three nights as part of a group of 24. As part of the group, a full breakfast was included. We were also not the only group eating breakfast. Each morning, breakfast took longer than the day before (up to 30 plus minutes to order by the last day). The hotel seems to be either under staffed or not organized enough to pull off breakfast for large groups. Dirty dishes were left on the table, super slow service. Everyone working at the hotel was very nice and accommodating, but one waiter cannot wait on an entire restaurant. (The female waitress was really working hard and was very nice.) If going, I would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear PartyOfFive_Grandma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel staff commendable. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced with breakfast. Your comments are taken into serious account and rest assured that we will use them to find more ways on how we can provide you, our valued guests, with a more satisfying stay in the future.

Faith R