“Good hotel in central location”

Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea
Ranked #330 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in central location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here in Oct 2013 for four nights during a multi centre family holiday to the US. There were two adults and two kids in our party.

The hotel is centrally located in midtown and the staff were very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and had fantastic views of the Empire State Building but it was small (even by NYC standards) and the decor a bit dated.

We ate in the hotel on a few occasions and each time it was good quality and reasonable prices.

I would say this is typical Holiday Inn standard and would stay here again if on a budget like we were on this occasion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up to get good views of Empire State Building
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi Michael D - thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our great location, and are glad that you were able to enjoy the view from your room! We have just recently wrapped up our extensive public area and rooms renovation, and invite you to try us again in the future. Thank you again!

Mike Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Warminster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here while in New York City for the seminars for a private company. The staff were great! Very attentive to my needs and recognized me as a Gold Priority Club member. Everything was great. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FrankAbbott
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to New York last Christmas for New Years Eve.. the hotel and location is perfect. The staff were lovely and friendly and when our luggage was not delivered by our airline, they were very accommodating and helped us alot!
The only thing I would comment on is the food in the hotel; it was amazing and such good food. however, due to it being a family restaurant - it was more expensive than other restaurants in the area. But the quality of the food was worth paying for! :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Well located hotel easily reached by public transportation from JFK was perfect for a great rest from my transatlantic flight into New York. Comfortable king size bed and immaculate room was what I needed to get a great start on seeing the city.
Most importantly, the friendly staff went out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay. Milta and Mabel greeted me with a smile, and assisted me in retrieving an item I had inadvertently left behind in the room when I checked out. When I went back to the hotel to pick up the item, they had it waiting for me at the front desk! Also Ramon and Josue went out of their way to assist.
Thanks to all for making my stay so memorable - very much appreciated for the weary traveler!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Ayrshire Scotland
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would like to convey my thanks to all the staff at the Holiday Inn Chelsea for making our stay in New York a very easy and pleasant experience. This has to be the friendliest hotel I've stayed in. Please give our regards to Joseu, Carlos, Larry, Ron, Rachel to name but a few who should be commended on their hospitality. We stayed in room 2201 and gave great views of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building I would recommend this room. PS if you're looking for transportation back to Newark it's a lot easier to get a private hire car it only costs 85 dollars sounds expensive but if your sharing works out cheaper plus the hotel organises it for you.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel prior to arrival and ask for a high city view room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is great - only a few minutes from the subway station and within walking distance of a lot of attractions. My room was comfortable, clean, and surprisingly big for manhattan standards (i have stayed in smaller rooms). The bed was comfortable and the decor of the room was modern and inviting. My room was very quiet at night - I didn't hear anything, be it from the outside or from inside the hotel. I had to wait for an elevator once - and that did take a while. But usually the wait times were under a minute. I had eaten breakfast once at the restaurant and it was fine. All in all I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank conary
panama city florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 6 nights in May. At check in, I asked about getting a room with a view, they said none were available but we still had a partial view of the empire state building. We were on the 17th floor with a king bed. The room was big enough for up to three people. It was bigger than expected. The room was very clean and they serviced our room every day. The staff was very helpful from making suggestions for places to eat (hotel restaurant was closed for remodeling), helping with our luggage, getting me a newspaper and calling taxis for us. One night we came in very late and our room key wouldn't work, I went down to the front desk and they sent someone from maintenance up within 5 minutes. We loved the location of this hotel. Very walkable to all areas of New York if you are willing and able. What I loved most about this hotel was the price and the staff. Couldn't beat the price for this area of NYC and the staff were very friendly. Always had a smile on their faces. When I visit NYC again I will defiantly stay at the Holiday Inn in Chelsea!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family