“Tip shouldn't be included in the check”
Review of Sushi Damo Damo

Sushi Damo Damo
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Damo Damo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,918 of 14,531 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Ave
Description: Located in the heart of midtown west, right cross the Time Warner Center and Columbus Circle, Sushi Damo offers diners exceptional Japanese cuisine in a sleek atmosphere with warm, friendly service.
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

During the years my family and I have visited Sushi Damo many times. We like the clean and contemporary decor and the delicious rolls and tartars, as well as the usually good service. What I did not liked at all is the way they put a pre-calculated tip (higher than the customary 15%) in the check, this happens without any verbal information to the customer. This has happened the last two or three times I was there. It's not that I don't like to reward a good service, but I don't like being oblidged to an extra reward when not deserved, and more that that, risking to tip twice, once via the precalculated amount in the check, and the second time, by filling the dedicated blank space in the credit card slip! Hope they will discontinue this disturbing behavior.

4  Thank massimovw

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

It really is nice sushi. Goes extremely well with the Japanese beer (huge bottle). Had 3 sushi rolls between us; left feeling very fulfilled on an Easter Saturday lunchtime.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped in at lunch time for a quick bite before meeting a friend. The service was quick and attentive and the sushi was fresh and delicious. I had the lunch special which was soup and two rolls. We definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I ordered the 15 piece salmon sashimi with sushi rice and I got a quarter of a salmon....almost. The pieces are huge! The fish just melts in your mouth! I believe this is a great value and I would recommend this place to anyone who is a fan of Japanese cousine. Service is good too and they have gluten free soy sauce. Lovely.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We visited sushi Damo on our third night in NYC. we were staying at the hudson hotel a few doors down so passed this restaurant daily. After 3 days sightseeing and grabbing fast food on the go (there's only so much bread, meat and cheese someone can take) we felt like we wanted something fresh and light to eat so we decided upon sushi. Due to it's close proximity we chose to go to sushi Damo and I'm glad we did.

The waitress was very polite and friendly and helped me decide upon a drink with a very good recommendation. We chose to skip any entrees and just shared a sushi and sushimi platter . The quality of the fish was very good and everything was fresh tasting. The wasabi is VERY hot so be careful!!

The food was like a breath of fresh air after eating new york style meals for a few days and the calming and friendly atmosphere made it an alltogether enjoyable experience.