“High Tea at The Palm Court”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Plaza

The Plaza
Ranked #98 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“High Tea at The Palm Court”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I just loved the afternoon tea my better half And I had at The palm Court. The tables are just spaced perfect , not to close to one another. I hate it when I gossip about other people and the table next to me is eavesdropping! the Palm Court is ideal , nicely decorated, the staff is friendly. Very good quality tea selection. One of my favorite things to do on my trips to New York.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Rosegomez07,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Palm Court and for sharing your wonderful feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon - Afternoon Tea is especially wonderful during the holidays with our tree lit and decorations up!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was fortunate enough to have stayed at the Plaza hotel during a business trip to NYC. I was most impressed with my room. It was a beautiful large room with a bathroom that was about as large as the sleeping quarters. I loved looking around the whole hotel and would tell anyone to take a look around, as there was so much to see! I loved the location across from Central Park. I will probably never get to stay there again but will remember my stay there as memorable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank peggyb46
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We arrived to the hotel in awe with the interior. I thought the lobby bar would of been expansive with impressive decor but it was so tiny, it was more of a street side cafe. The server was very casual and just assumed we were happy. The snack offering was the best we had experienced and the cocktails were delicious. The bathrooms are made for the movies, i guess they should be as there wasn't any pool to lounge in. The bathrooms made the room itself.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LovesMerlot
Moncton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our stay first began by checking in early, thanks to Patrick at Front Desk, to a spacious and elegant Deluxe Corner room on the 13th Floor overlooking the city. Then, after an afternoon and evening of exploring what NYC has to offer, we were surprised by 1- a welcome snack and 2- turndown service! Finally, while checking out the morning of the ING Marathon, a bellman (that I don't know his name) helped us flagged a taxi in less than 30 seconds, running with our luggage. I can't say enough on how every staff we interacted with was so welcoming, engaging and empowered! I will definitely return!

Room Tip: 1341 was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JERLEB
Dear Jeremie L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our colleagues to be helpful, warm and engaging. Your feedback will be shared with the team. Thank you again for your post, and we hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

My husband got me two nights at the Plaza as a 40th birthday present. I was excited as the hotel was synonymous with New York and I had always wanted to stay there. Unfortunately the experience I had was below average. Firstly when I arrived the doorman assumed I was going to use the food hall rather than be a guest of the hotel so tried to usher me towards the side entrance. I had several issues with my room upon check in. The safe didn't work; I couldn't dial out externally from the phone and I could not find the switch to turn off a main light. As I had been given no information about the room facilities upon check in and also could not dial down to the front desk (phone not working), I had to go down and ask if there was a standard room facilities booklet that you usually get in a hotel room. I was told then that it was all contained in the ipad in each room. I don't know why this was not mentioned at check in. The next day, the morning paper I had requested didn't turn up so I had to chase it up. When I checked out, the staff member behind the desk asked me 3 times if I needed help with my bags even though the answer was yes all 3 times. Even so, no-one showed up to help so eventually I just did it myself. Apart from these annoying things that added up to a less than stellar stay, the hotel room I was in looked a bit worn and lacklustre The finish overall was not what you would expect from a hotel purportedly of this standard. The staff seem a bit bored and not really invested in their roles. I have stayed at many top ranking hotels around the world and the Plaza just does not measure up on any level apart from the fact it has a glamorous history.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank MsMoz
Redlands, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had an amazing stay at The Plaza for so many different resons!!
It was just so amazing I loved it so much!!
It was a memory I will never forget!!
Go and see as much as you can! Get a tour! Go see the Eloise room! Most important have a time of your life and spend every second you can admiring the amazingly beautiful hotel!
You really need to take your hole family maybe even some good friends of yours! It can be such an amazing time you should enjoy it with fun people you like to hang around with! Have as much fun as you can and also,enjoy your hopefully amazing stay at The Plaza hotel in New York City!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lizzy W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've stayed at numerous places in New York, both mid-town and downtown. However, I always find you just can't beat the Plaza. The charm is great, staff is very welcoming and attentive to your needs.

The room was beautiful that I stayed in, as attention to detail is something this hotel focuses on. And with it's proximity to Central Park, it really is worth the extra dollars to stay here if you're looking for mid-town accommodations.

Room Tip: Ask for a high ceiling room - they're very charming. Try to avoid connecting rooms, as I've...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business