The Plaza
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$321
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$298
Agoda.com
2,572 results
All reviewsthe palm courtedwardian suitebutler servicerose clubcentral parkthe todd english food hallnew yorkiconic hotelroom serviceturn down serviceluxury hotelbeautiful roomlobby barfifth avenuetimes squarefairmontconcierge
Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you go to the Plaza and pay the exorbitant prices they are charging for less than stellar service, adequate to poor food and a crowded lobby full of tourists you are a "sucker." My first visit to the Plaza more than 25 years ago was to one of the best hotels in America. Over the years I have repeatedly stayed at the hotel on trips to NY. Each experience proves less and less welcome. the service is poor at best when it is available. the employees seem to think of themselves as celebrities and frankly, I am not staying at the hotel because someone else stayed there. I have found much better service at NY hotels with better prices. I am used to getting what I pay for and that is not the case at the Plaza. The location is fantastic, you have to give them that, but they have destroyed the legacy of a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask where the construction is?
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
10  Thank Justin W
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was surprised at some of the management decisions on my stay at the Plaza. Then I got home and Googled that is is owned by Sahara Group and Kingdom Holdings, of Saudia Arabia. I sensed that the management was very unbending. On Saturday night there were 35 or more persons in the Champagne Bar at 11:30 PM. The waiter called out for last call. The upstairs bar was closed for a private party and the Oak Bar has been closed for two years. It was snowing heavily outside and moving on to drink was not an option. I asked to talk with the shift manager and he came out after 20 minutes. He agreed it was not convenient for the guests but said his boss required the bartender to move on to the private party. I told him when paying $1,200 per night an open bar was not much to ask for....This and several other non responsive situations lead me to say I won't be back......

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DuffyShort2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013

nice hotel, service needs improvement. The branch was not bad. Its not the best.
I find the fairmount New port offers better food then the plaza.
Over priced rooms. Location was nice. Next to Central park and the shopping district.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank calgary737
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The suite was lovely!! The location terrific!! But let me be honest - the service was much less than billed!
For example, we had "butler service" as part of our suite- we never met a butler - there was a phone tab for "butler" but anytime we used it and explained our needs ( ie more towels, concerns with turn down service, questions about nearby restaurants...) the answer was always "let me connect you with ...") Well - why bother with "butler" - just give me a phone tab for housekeeping etc and let us explain our concerns once!

In a similar concern, every room has an iPad - on that iPad you can "order" room cleaning and turndown service and request a specific time. One day, We requested ( and received a confirming message) room cleaning for noon - we came back from breakfast at 10:30 to find the door open and housekeeping there - ordinarily no big deal- but why bother giving us the expectation that we could request a room cleaning time? Likewise, on our room iPad we requested (and received a confirming message)for turndown service, we returned home 2 hours after the requested time to no turndown - called the "butler" who listened to our concern -but put me through to the housekeeping department where I cancelled the service since we were now back for the night - 30 minutes later the sweet housekeeper showed up for "turndown"

Now despite spending over $1400/night for a room, I am really not high maintenance - just don't promise me services that you can't deliver! Forget the "butler" service, let me contact the appropriate service directly and let me voice my concerns one time instead of twice! And don't give me the "option" of a particular cleaning or turndown time - just come when u can and leave it at that!

• Stayed: December 2013
15  Thank mommd23
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear mommd23,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. It sounds like while you enjoyed the hotel itself, you experienced a number of service challenges. We pride ourselves on our service, so this is particularly disappointing to hear. First of all, I apologize for not receiving your room cleaning or turn down services when requested. There is certainly no excuse for that oversight. Also, I regret to hear that your calls were passed around so many times. That should have been handled differently and I can imagine the frustration it must have caused. I truly appreciate your honest feedback and agree that we should have delivered better service. I hope you will be willing to give us a second chance to give you the experience you deserve on your next visit to New York.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I really love the Plaza hotel from when I was kid, so I wanted to share the experience with my children. The quality of the amenities and room were nice, and the location is amazing. There is so much to do and see nearby there (not to mention the rest of New York City). The service could have been a bit better. Check in was slow as well as room service. This landmark is great and could be amazing with a bit better service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family