“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Beecharmer1982
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This was BY FAR the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. The room was exquisite, the room service was delicious, and the bellman out front are the sweetest and most hard working employees! Drinks at the Rose Club was fun, and every single restaurant the concierge recommended (whether for brunch or dinner) was a hit! I could go on and on...

For those of you that are hesitant to stay here because of the price, I urge you to book anyway! Our entire experience from start to finish was worth every penny at The Plaza.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beecharmer1982

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I was so disapointed in their cs. My mom( who is disabled) needed a place to sit before our tea at the palm court. They have in years past had a bench but this year and there was none to be found. So we asked for a seat which she never got. So there my mom sat on the stairs at the plaza.

They never took our coats, had to wait a long time for a server and when we said something about the service, they could care less.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mish2378
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear mish2378,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to The Palm Court. Guest feedback is critical to our improvement as a hotel, so we certainly appreciate yours. I truly regret that you didn't receive the chair you requested for your mother while waiting to be seated. That should have been done and I can imagine the discomfort the situation caused. I also apologize that your coats were never checked and that you felt the server didn't care. There is certainly no excuse. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and I hope you would be willing to give us a second chance to give you the experience you deserve.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Used certificates to book complimentary rooms for two nights during the holiday season. Admittedly, had to book 11.5 months in advance to guarantee room availability. Upon arrival the doorman was very nice to the children and helpful in getting our bags. Checkin was very easy and the bellman that took our luggage started us off on a good note. Believe his name was Waheed. He asked if my wife was under the weather after he witnessed her coughing fit. Upon learning she was, he personally made an delivered a complimentary cup of tea and warm snack. I know fancy hotels can nickel and dime you, but I was impressed at his willingness to ease her discomfort. Every time he saw us around the hotel, he inquired about my wife's health. She stayed in the room during our entire stay. The butler on the floor also offered to check on her during my outings with the kids and bring tea as needed. Again no charge. We stayed in room 629 & 631, but unfortunately the rooms didn't have a connection even though they were side by side. Did try to get upgraded by reaching out to GM and at checkin but given the timeframe it wasn't possible. This proved our only annoyance as we left doors open so kids could go back and forth. Rooms were very clean and upscale in a old world charm type of way. Bathrooms were very nice and spacious. Kids loved dimming lights and temperature of room via the iPad in room. Room service was pricey but delivered very quickly and food was very tasty. Bellman recommended a burger place around the corner that delivered 2 burgers, fries and drinks for $16 to the hotel one late evening. The outside bellman recommended stores for us and arranged for the Plaza car service to take us there. He was so friendly and helpful throughout the day that we gave him 2 tickets to Knicks game that we were not able to use due to wife's illness. He hugged my daughter several times and repeatedly thanked us. He was a genuine guy. Did feel as though everyone was looking for a tip. One bellman hailed a cab and in my haste to hustle the kids and find our show tickets forgot to tip him - he responded by closing cab door and NOT telling the cab driver where we were going. Cab driver mentioned that they tell them location IF they get tipped. Location can't be beat and it is really convenient to many things…FAO, Bloomingdales, Central Park, etc. The Todd English food court was to die for. Food was excellent and variety was plentiful. Same place that sold fancy, pricey cheeses also made hot dogs for my kids - small things like this help those of us traveling with kids. The entire hotel staff was helpful. Now normally I would not spend $700+ for a room, but given the standards here I just might consider it next time. My kids loved it here and my wife was comfortable recovering in the room - what else does a dad need?

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Rod G
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the Plaza is always wonderful but the service is frankly what keeps us going back. Everyone, most especially Aziz, treats you like family and with the utmost professionalism. Jose also went out of his way to provide stellar service. Thank you! The rest of it (room, location, etc), is perfect as always!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Paulette G
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The service was top notch and the room was unbelievable! From check in to check out, I could not have asked for more. I am very, very picky when it comes to service and accommodations. I could not find one thing that I would have changed. The room was amazing (we just had the basic room). It was roomy (I mean REALLY roomy for NYC) and comfy! The bed was FAB, the sheets were so soft, and there was plenty of closet and bathroom space, which I think is hard to come by in NYC. The concierge was unbelievably helpful, even during the very busy Christmas season. The rooms are pricey as well as the food at the restaurants, but it is the Plaza, and you are in NYC. If you are looking for a bargain, this is not it, but if you are looking to splurge, I highly recommend it. The Plaza is truly amazing! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We thought that this would be a great place to stay with friends as we had done 15 years ago. Sadly everything apart from the hotel rooms was tacky and low class. It felt like there was no substance to the place anymore and the service was horrid. The Champagne Bar is run like a bar at a baseball game, in fact the whole of the public areas feel like you're at a baseball game. Management is clearly at fault here. Overpriced and very trashy.. Shame, it used to be special.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank awwhitfield
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here with our 3 children expecting the ultimate in luxury and service. However the service was non existent. Beautiful hotel, great location but unfortunately the hotel seems to be just trading on its name. We had 2 junior suites for 3 nights and didn't even get free water on our bedside tables! Felt like cattle with no personal service whatsoever.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family