“Wedding night made perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Plaza
Ranked #102 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Teaneck
“Wedding night made perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was like being a king and queen on your wedding night. Absolutely amazing way to end the wedding celebrations. The rooms were comfortable and luxurious and special treatment by the staff made it a great night

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mitchell S,

It is always an honor to hear stories of those who spend special occasions with us, such as your wedding night. We hope to welcome you back for many anniversaries to come!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was so concerned about some of the poor reviews on The Plaza Hotel, that I almost canceled! So glad I didn't! From the moment we stepped out of the car... everyone was fantastic! We were greeted by Eddie "Spaghetti" and he was so warm and welcoming! What a fun guy! The concierge was excellent...courteous, professional, pleasant. Our room was great, full of old world charm and the bed was very comfortable! Much more comfortable than the Four Seasons (I was surprised about that, since everyone raves over the FS mattresses).

Anyway, I was there recovering from a surgical procedure and the entire staff was always looking to do something for me! First let me say that the food ordered from room service was absolutely EXCELLENT! You MUST get the Palm Burger....might be the best burger I've ever had...anywhere!

Tea time in Palm Court was fantastic...and one day, when I couldn't go downstairs...they were so wonderful...they brought tea to my room for my husband and I. DELISH! You MUST try this if in NYC, even if you're not staying at The Plaza. I don't think it's pricey... bc you have to remember where you are! You're paying for atmosphere, ambiance and exceptional food and service. It's well worth the price.

Another thing that's a MUST at The Plaza... go all the way downstairs, where they have booths from places all over NYC... such as Lady M bakery (BEST mille crepe cake you've EVER had) and Payard (French chocolates and pastries...sooo good!). They also have a lovely shop where you can purchase souvenirs. Adorable trinkets!

The staff was so wonderful, they offered to take me to my doctor's appointment with the hotel car (my surgeon's office was less than 10 blocks away) and before we left, they wrapped up a signed copy of a book all about The Plaza Hotel and a Plaza Hotel Keychain and gave us a beautiful hand written note.

I don't think I'll ever want to stay at another hotel in NYC again. Before this, I had stayed at the Four Seasons (a month before) and there really is NO comparison! The Plaza made me feel like I was a star. They couldn't do enough for me and even mailed out and accepted packages, brought up my favorite foam-gel cushions, nice sized refrigerator, doggie bed, treats and dishes for my little Java Girl.

I can't say enough about this place. I felt like I was in another world. As if I were in a movie... or in Europe somewhere. It was like living in a wonderful dream for 7 glorious nights.

Don't look at the cost... you can't put a price tag on a memory.

I don't think I need to say that there is NO better location in NYC.

Book...stay...and enjoy the luxury and pampering!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Franbug
Dear Franbug,

Thank you for sharing your excellent feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to take care of you while you were recovering and that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. We hope to welcome you back again soon! Thank you again for taking the time to share with us.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The service was very good ,friendly staff great location. The room was good other than the TV set was quite old and slow. The plaza basement offers exceptional food very convenient so you have to leave the hotel for food and great selections also

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed in the best hotels in NYC and in many parts of the world. This hotel is terrible, on every level. They offered us a free night stay upon departure and we declined. not sure what else to say other than, saty elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

8 Thank Stephen G
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the July 4th weekend. The hotel is very close to everything. It is very elegant. We stayed in a Junior Suite, the king bed was very, very comfortable and the cot we had was the most comfortable cot I had ever slept on. The bathrooms are beautiful. The receptionist are very polite and professional. The only negative things about the hotel was the one concierge that was at the desk was not very friendly and whenever you asked about anything such as directions he would quickly tell you something and not want to talk to you anymore even when there was nobody in line. The other upsetting thing was when I checked in they said I would have a city view but when I got to the room we looked directly to the building across from us and nothing else. Also beware when you ask for a late checkout, we asked for a late checkout and they gave it to us but we came back to our room before our check out time we were locked out and we had to wait for security to come and open the door and he treated us like we were robbers. Beyond that it is a beautiful hotel and very central to everything around.

Room Tip: ask for room facing central park.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ldantimo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Plaza a few years ago over the holiday period. The staff are mostly fine, but I had some trouble with a couple of them who were very rude after some issues with my credit card. They tried to force me to leave the hotel, but eventually apologies were made, and I and my family got upgraded.

Room service is fantastic - I had ice cream brought up to my room, and the snacks in the mini bar are excellent for a day out in NYC.

The bathroom is sufficient to store an inflatable clown with ease.

The area has it's fair share of criminals as you'd expect in a tourist heavy part of New York, just watch your bag and make sure your name isn't attached to anything.

Access to central park is very simple, but I'd advise not to go there at night. Also nearby is a fantastic Toy Shop, and you can hear some fantastic classical music at Carnegie Hall with very cheap seats at the very top.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Kevin M
Gulf Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had just left a wedding at Central Park and decided to stop in for a champagne toast.
This Hotel is very Grand and Gorgeous. We had the Shrimp Cocktail and a couple of champagnes each and our total with tip was over $150.00 HOWEVER we expected this and we had a very nice toast!! Our companions had the Caviar Service. The presentation of the food is just glorious and beautiful. We truly enjoyed this stop. While I was enjoying my champagne I looked over at the wall toward the bar and I was stunned at the filth on the wall and bottom of the floor near the wall. It was just filthy dirty. I was actually VERY shocked. So while the OVERALL view of everything was absolutley beautiful, when you look closely those walls need a good scrubbing!

Room Tip: We didn't stay in a room just went to the Champagne Bar.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends