The Plaza
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$226
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$200
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$320
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$188
2,570 results
All reviewsthe palm courtedwardian suitebutler servicerose clubcentral parkthe todd english food hallnew yorkiconic hotelroom serviceturn down serviceluxury hotelbeautiful roomlobby barfifth avenuetimes squarefairmontconcierge
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I had lunch here today. It was very relaxing, the service was wonderful, and the food first class. The crab cake entree was two panko covered cakes with very sweet crab. The Pasta bolognese was a nice change. The twenty layer dessert disappeared without any trouble. NYC can be very frenetic - this was a wonderful respite. And we had the famous Eloise picture just across from our table (through a window) - great for people watching as people had their pictures taken.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zandz-lx2
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear zandz-lx2,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with us here at TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit to The Palm Court and hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

It was my first time to visit the great New York City and my business events are all in Manhattan so I had to stay in a hotel close by. The Plaza was the perfect hotel for me to experience New York City for the first time. I didn't find Eloise abut I went to her shop. :)

I took the red eye flight from Salt Lake City and arrived there at 7am. I checked in and guess what? My room is already available. I was so impressed. I was able to rest in my hotel room before doing some city exploration. I expected the room to be small since it is New York City but the hotel room at The Plaza was surprisingly spacious and absolutely stunning! Every piece of furniture reminds you of the old world. The bathroom is marble from walls to floor. Service is quick and comfortable. The door men were very friendly. Breakfast by the lobby was a delight and they accommodated me even when i came after breakfast hours already. The dining hall was nostalgic - I've seen it in many movies before.

What I enjoyed the most is its location. Across the street is Central Park and you can rent bikes to use in the park. Shopping and culture are walking distance. After all, you're in the heart of Manhattan.

When you get tired of luxury restaurants, just go to the lowest floor of the hotel and you will find some great eating establishments.

This is where you should go if you want to experience NYC at its fullest and get a taste of the rich culture and history it has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank onceuponaplace

Dear macytravels,

Thank you for your post. We are thrilled that you chose The Plaza for your first visit to New York City, and even more thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of all we have to offer under one roof, as well as our neighboring areas, and of course Central Park. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to New York City!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My two daughters and I came to New York to celebrate my 70th
birthday. What better place to stay than the Plaza!! The hotel, of course, was beautiful and iconic, as we knew it would be. The staff was wonderful and so friendly and helpful!! This hotel was well worth the price and hopefully we can come back and celebrate my 75th!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been to New York countless times over the years, but I had never stayed at the Plaza Hotel. In May I went to a conference in New York that was held at the Plaza. I've traveled all of the world and stayed at a number of nice places. The Plaza ranks up there with the best. The location is perfect for whatever you want to do. Since it was a couple of days before Mother's Day, I decided to invite my Sweetheart for her gift. While I was working, she was relaxing and enjoying the hotel. We both had a wonderful experience and will return to the Plaza. If you have a chance to stay at the Plaza, definitely take advantage of it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lamar H,

Thank you for your glowing comments. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at The Plaza and we looks forward to seeing you and your Sweetheart again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The negative reviews of the Plaza confuse me. This was our third stay and I have very few complaints. It is very expensive. However, we know what we are getting into when we go. We would never pay this much for a hotel normally, but I always wanted to stay at the Plaza, so we have splurged a few times in our life. Are there things that need a little work? Probably...but this hotel is over 100 years old. We booked a special that was buy two nights get one free so we paid around $550 a night. We had requested online an upgrade that would cost us an additional $90 a night. In hindsight I would not do that again because the first room was fine and not worth the extra cost. When we checked in and went to the room the upgrade was just a better view and a balcony. I was disappointed because I thought the upgrade was for a bigger room. It was really hot so I knew we would never use the balcony. I went down to the front desk to inquire about the upgrade. We had already paid in advance so I knew couldn't change it. The lady at the front desk was nice and upgraded us again to a Rose Suite at no extra cost. They came and moved our luggage for us. There was no charge for the roll away we requested for our son or for internet. The room is the biggest we have ever stayed in.The rooms are huge by New York standards. The lighting is controlled by an ipad. The bathroom is huge and has the biggest bathtub I have seen. I took a bath one night and let the tub run for over 30 minutes and it was barely half full. I didn't do it again because it took so long and felt like it was wasteful. The only bathroom complaint is there is only one sink and there is no storage on the counter for your things. The bed and pillows are comfortable and there was plenty of closet space. We did not use room service. I was not willing to pay $25 for eggs and toast. We have also never eaten at the restaurants in the hotel. We have eaten at the food hall several times. They have great desserts. My favorite is Lady M who makes these amazing cakes almost like a cheesecake but it's made out of crepes. We have also never used the spa. If you go thinking there is pool because of the movie Home Alone..there isn't one. The staff is friendly. We were greeted immediately by the bell staff and front desk. They greeted us each time we passed in the morning and afternoon. I'm not sure why people write a review complaining about the cost after they go. You know what the cost is when you book it. If you don't want to pay that much, stay somewhere else. Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear skv13,

Thank you for taking time to write about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the spacious rooms and friendly staff to Lady M's delicious cakes in The Plaza Food Hall. Most of our bathrooms do feature double sinks, so please let us know when you make your next reservation as we would be more than happy to accommodate your request. Thank you again for sharing your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back again soon!