“Prepare to get spoilt at the Plaza” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Plaza
Ranked #101 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Prepare to get spoilt at the Plaza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

We got to stay at the celebrated Hotel , as my brother was getting married there . The hotel is everything you imagine it to be . Opulence at its peak , I have seen very few hotels that draw your breath the moment you enter , I had to stop my self and take in the Grandeur . The hallways leading your room have so much detail , you feel your in a museum! The rooms are grand and very tastefully decorated. I loved the bathroom the most with timed flooring and bath . You can choose the lighting of your room from a touch screen tab set on the wall . You can stay all day in your room and still have so much fun.. loved everything abut this Historic Hotel . I believe everyone in their lifetime should stay at this hotel. Its a Romantic hotel set in Gold!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

My family and I stayed at The Plaza last weekend to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday. Typically, my husband and I would choose a smaller luxury hotel for travel but since my daughter had her heart set on The Plaza, we decided to go with it. We couldn't be happier with the weekend. We had mentioned that it was my daughter's birthday and they surprised her with a personal note from Eloise and a lovely cake. The room was beautiful and immaculate and far larger than I expected. The staff was wonderful and the lunch in the Food Hall was both fun and delicious. Only one complaint - we had booked the Live Like Eloise package and we never received the Eloise postcards, pen and postage. A small oversight, I am sure and certianly not anything that would spoil our stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PlazaNY, Marketing & Communications Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with us. Our apologies for the oversight regarding the Eloise postcards and pens. Should you wish to have us mail them to you, please send your information to feedback@theplaza.com. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and Eloise and the rest of our team look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

Me and my wife went here 1 week before Christmas and had a ball. The plaza was all lighted up and decorated the food was good but a little pricy when you can go 5 min down 5th and eat for half the price.
Make sure you meet the old doorman ( if he works there still) I guess he has been there for years and most of New York City knows him along with many of the worlds celebrities and diplomats. Overall this is the place to stay in the city.

• Stayed December 2010
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

The Plaza is a gorgeous hotel with impeccable service. My daughter and I stayed in a Rose suite, which is a good size room and has 24 hour butler service. My only criticism would be, we noticed a surveillance camera on the ceiling of the room. It would probably go undetected by most guests (doesn't look like a camera) but I have them in my home and I know what they look like. The chandelier in the room blocks a camera view of the bed, but the living area (sitting space, wet bar) is viewable. I definitely questioned the need and legality of this.
I must say, though, we wanted for nothing, were well taken care of, and had a fabulous time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelux
PlazaNY, Marketing & Communications Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 23 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Plaza. We would like to address your concern that there was a surveillance camera in your suite, as you are not the first to make such an observation. We can assure you that there are no surveillance cameras in any of the guestrooms or suites. The device you are referring to is a motion sensor that detects when the room is empty and will shut off lights, etc. to conserve energy when the room is vacant, as this is a green building. Should you wish to discuss anything further we may be contacted at feedback@theplaza.com. We hope to welcome you back to The Plaza Hotel soon.
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

My husband planned a trip to NYC for our 10 year anniversary. He surprised my by making reservations at The Plaza Hotel! This was a trip that the both of us will never forget. Our experience more than exceeded our high expectations we already had. Coming back to our room with chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries...amazing! The room was imaculate, luxurious and grande. Of course you can not go to The Plaza without having experienced High Tea. We will never be able to duplicate any future anniverary experience. The memory of staying here will be one of the highlights of our lives. Thank you to everyone!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

It is a great hotel. Very beutiful and well located.
We had two suites booked for a weekend in NYC, that were reserved 50 days prior to the trip. The suites were booked directly at the Fairmont website. Also, we are member of Fairmonts Presidents Club.
Two days before our trip, the Fairmont Plaza sent us an e-mail cancelling our reservation due to an overbook. Therefor the Plaza, even thought it is famous for a good service, it is not trustwothy.

Mauro Razuk

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank maraz1963
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Plaza is the quintessential, inimitable NYC experience.

I booked the Plaza for one night in the Rose Suite as a mini-romantic rejuvenation/booster for my relationship (we are both in finance, and it has been a very hectic, volatile few months). By the time the 27th rolled around, I was pretty tired and grumpy and in odd way, not looking forward to taking an early evening from work to spend at a hotel.

However, my partner arrived in the early afternoon and worked closely with Melody, the concierge, to work some magic in the room. He was so excited about our evening and Melody worked closely with him to create a beautiful room to greet me. In addition to having flowers and coffee waiting for me in the room, they arranged to have rose petals line a path from the door to the bed. It was romantic and perfect and my bad mood, thoughts of work, the economy, all vanished immediately. Such a lovely room, such a lovely execution of serenity and romance.

How lovely was it for him to think of it, and for Melody to execute so perfectly and discreetly. I've been to the Plaza many times for dinner or lunch, but this was my first stay at the hotel. I highly recommend it and will definitely be back.

All love, always.