“Club-like scene with great food”
Review of Zuma

Zuma
Reserve with OpenTable
Zuma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #535 of 14,719 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The place isn't necessarily my preferred vibe - it's a little clubby feeling. The food and service, though, is pretty great. All of the sushi, the dessert platter, the grilled fish... it's all good. I continue to go back for the food but the ambience isn't my favorite.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am not ordinarily a fan of Japanese food, but Zuma offers excellent food-including a wide variety of dishes-in a stylish setting. I would happily return.

zumaNYC, Guest Relations Manager at Zuma, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Afternoon,

We are beyond pleased that you had an enjoyable experience dining with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback!

Please let me know when you plan to return and I can assist with your reservation. My email is bethany@zumarestaurant.us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful experience. Great service.
Ordered a selection of sushi, sashimi, miso glazed cod, lobster and sorbets.
Sashimi was outstanding. Beautiful large shrimps, exquisite toro tuna.
Cod was overcooked.
Very good wine recommendation: Condrieu which went v well with our food.
Great sorbets.
On average, a very good culinary experience, yet coming with a very hefty price tag

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We both had the prix fix menu. Lovely miso soup with delicious tofu- very fresh! Next we ordered the tempura avocado! Melted in your mouth with delicious sauces! Then the grilled salmon with a small and tasty cucumber salad. Salmon was great- crispy skin and cooked to perfection! To top it off we had the almond cake for dessert- a thin piece with fresh berries and delicious ice cream. Aaaaaah! Wonderful service too!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff were very helpful and attentive. They recommended a set menu and it was a good idea. We tried a lot of different things that otherwise we wouldn't have ordered. Luckily we had a few people in our Group of 11 that eat a lot, as otherwise we wouldn't have eaten everything!