“Great experience, and wonderful food!”
Review of Jongro BBQ

Jongro BBQ
Ranked #320 of 13,589 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 15 November 2015

The place is must, it has a fantastic atmosphere and really is an experience. You need to go up to the 2nd floor and the elevator opens right into the restaurant. The staff were extremely efficient and attentive. They take your number and then text you when your table is ready.
Well spaced out tables and great design/layout.
The BBQ is in the middle of the table.
Plus excellent food, we had the beef platter between 3 - it was exquisite!
The best beef I have had in a long time!

The waiter fantastic, he cooked our meat and was extremely attentive.

Date of visit: November 2015
Write a reviewReviews (444)

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Get here knowing you'll most likely have a 30 minute wait. You give them your cell phone number and they'll text you when your table is ready. We went a few doors down to H Market and spent about 15 minutes browsing this huge Korean market. When we returned to the restaurant, we only waited 10 minutes when we were texted. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere and music. Everything is cooked table side. We got a meat dish that was enough for 3 people. All the meat was fresh and tender. You get a lot if sides with your meal. My only complaint is that most of the sides are VERY spicy. I strongly suggest ordering some rice for the meat. My husband and daughter enjoyed the many sides, but for me, it was the meat I went for.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

Just when you think you've had some of the best service around, you go to a place like Jongro BBQ, where literally 3 or 4 different people constantly come to your table to pre-bus, clean, grill, refill water, ANYTHING you can possibly imagine to provide the most top-notch service you have ever seen. The MUST have here is their pork combination platter, under $50 for top quality pork cuts grilled to perfection. Wrap it up in their cabbage and with some of the scallion/bean sprout salads provided. All platters come with complimentary traditional stew and steamed egg (the best). Don't even bother going anywhere else for Korean BBQ, nowhere else (except maybe in Flushing, Queens) can compare.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Recommended!

Get the beef barbecue - some of the side dishes and condiments can be spiiiiicy Recommended!

Get the beef barbecue - some of the side dishes and condiments can be spiiiiicy hot!

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Absolutely mind-blowing good! I had never had Korean food before and I'm so glad I did. The whole experience was great! I can't wait to have it again!

Date of visit: October 2015