“Amazing Stay!!! :)”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #252 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Just returned home from my first visit to NYC... and I must say I could not find anything wrong with this property!!! Rooms were very spacious, beds were VERY comfortable, and the hotel was very well appointed. Great location... quiet area (for New York lol), but yet in the heart of NYC! I travelled with my puppy and at the end of the street is the Seaport - perfect location to walk your dogs to releive themselves!!! Too much to choose from, breakfast was great!!! Honerable mentions to all the staff!!! Tia (@ Front Desk) for going above and beyond prior to arrival, Douglas (@Front Desk) for putting up with all my questions (lol) was more than patient and hospitable, and Miriam (Breakfast Attendant) was a delight to wake up to!!!! Highly recommend this property!!! Great value... and location!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Manhattan Bridge ;)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown

Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed here this past weekend for an awards ceremony at Carnegie Hall. The tour we were on had a horrible experience and our group leader was completely unorganized, putting us in a room with people we had never met-even though the trip was meant to be double occupancy-and then sending all four of us to a room with one bed. I was pleasantly surprised at how understanding the concierge, Jesse, was about the situation we were in, coming up with a good solution to the problem. Another great personality we met was a woman who I'm believed was named Miriam. She held great conversations to lighten our mood in the morning as we ate the complimentary breakfast. Together, they made our stay a wonderful experience despite the circumstances of our tour. I would definitely come back, just not with a group next time.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kitagirl1017
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We love staying at this hotel. It may not be the newest place but it's terrace views of the Brooklyn Bridge & proximity to the Fulton St subway station are great. We stay here frequently as hubby has business in this part of this city. But even if he didn't we'd probably opt to stay here. It's just such an easy location to use the subway for the usual tourist attractions, Ground Zero is within walking distance, terrific view of the Brooklyn Bridge & the tour buses pick up just a couple blocks away too! The breakfast is a great way to start your busy day & the staff is wonderful & friendly. They always remember hubby's name even if its been 6 months between visits.

Room Tip: Opt for a room with a balcony & then don't forget to use it:-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cami M
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Seaport Inn and had the distinct pleasure of meeting Robert Lewis. Robert worked the front desk at the hotel and was he ever a ton of help. He shared with us places to eat, things to do in New York, and the best routes and means of transportation to take to our adventures. It is not very often that one finds a front desk worker that greets you every time you enter or leave, however Robert never missed a beat. We will certainly stay there again on our next visit.

Dave Larsen

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My girlfriend and I visit NYC very often. This is our go-to hotel.
Any hotel that accepts our little 12lb. dog for $25/less per night is a WIN.

Staff was awesome. I made reservations online, called a couple hours ahead of arrival and spoke with Doug at the front desk. This man needs a raise. He was extremely polite, appreciated the courtesy call ahead of time.

One of the reasons we enjoy this hotel so much - besides it being pet friendly - was that we requested a room with a balcony and/or a view of the lower manhattan skyine. ask and you will recieve. (obviously pending on availability etc but never hurts to ask)

Keep in mind, this is not Midtown! This is lower Manhattan, near the Brooklyn Bridge (awesome views of the bridge and Brooklyn itself)

worth pointing out - Parking was still $40 per day at a garage 2 blocks down. free wifi, free breakfast, and its a good 15/20 minute walk to the nearest subway station, so be prepared to do some walking!

also worth pointing out, my girlfriend felt safe walking the dog around the hotel areas.

Room Tip: we requested a room with a balcony and/or a view of the lower manhattan skyine. ask and you will re...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 28 May 2013

First things first, this hotel is NOT in midtown. If you're looking to enjoy mid-Manhattan,or even Chelsea, you're better off staying some place closer. But if you're looking for a charming little hotel near the Brooklyn Bridge and the Seaport, this is it. The price was quite reasonable. Although the view from my room was less than stellar, I'm guessing that there are some rooms with great views. My room was tiny and simply appointed, not luxurious, but typical for an older New York hotel. It was clean and the bed comfortable. The gentleman who checked us in was lovely and made us feel right at home, sort of like a bed and breakfast. The breakfast, however, is not luxurious - it's a typical Best Western breakfast. I'd certainly stay here again, and the Italian restaurant down the street was quite good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed here for a week with a wedding party. We had lots of requests and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The dude working the nightshift, Jesse, is an awesome dude. Highly reccomended. Rooms are nice. Super super clean. Sixth floor. Has a terrace off the rooms. Great view of the Brooklyn bridge.

• Stayed: May 2013