“As good as the reviews state!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #281 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We decided to try the Seaport Inn based on the Trip advisor reviews and we definitely weren't disappointed! We are from Texas and first-time visitors to the city so we weren’t sure what to expect sooooo, the hotel was great.

The staff was courteous and bent over backwards to be helpful in every way – they found out that our plans for Thanksgiving might have changed due to the weather moving east and next time I went downstairs they told me that according to their resources around town, the Hilton had one of the best Thanksgiving meals in the city. The second day we were there, we left at 9 am and didn’t return until 10:30 pm at which point Rita asked me if I had lost a camera – we thought we had misplaced it somewhere during our sightseeing that morning, they had found it in the lobby and looked through the pictures until they recognized my family.

We had a corner room with great views of the Brooklyn Bridge on one side and the financial district skyline out the other, the beds were extremely comfortable the room very quiet in addition to being reasonably priced compared for New York. We were two blocks from the Fulton street entrance to the subway so that was nice and there were numerous (like hundreds) places to eat nearby. Thank you Rita, Tia, William and Douglas plus a few other staff that I wasn’t sure of their names for helping make our visit an enjoyable one. This is a great hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
4  Thank FireKahuna

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a shopping trip to New York City with a friend and our daughters. The four of us (two adults, and two teenage girls) rented one room with two queen beds for $233, and honestly, our thought was that we weren't going to spend much time in the room, so the prospect of being overcrowded wouldn't be so bad. What a delight to open the door and find a large corner room with five large windows looking out on the water and the Brooklyn Bridge. The room was well appointed with a marble bathroom, and mini-fridge, and the beds very comfortable. You wouldn't have been surprised if the price were twice what is was. The front desk staff was incredibly pleasant and efficient, and the neighborhood, while still somewhat quiet as they recover from the after-effects of Hurricane Sandy, still offers convenient transportation via subway or cab to anywhere you want to go in the city and to several fantastic restaurants in the area. Acqua, just two doors down, was especially nice, with great food and a warm, inviting interior. After the bustle of the city all day, the quiet of the square in Peck Slip was a welcome homecoming, and in the morning, my friend and I walked the Brooklyn Bridge--a great start to our day. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the city. One more plus: it's tough to find windows that open in city hotels, and it was wonderful to let in some fresh air. What a find!

Room Tip: Room 408 was a large corner room with a lot of windows and light.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank suefinley
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Douglas accommodated our needs when we checked in and placed us in a nice corner room. Breakfast was a delight and more than continental style. Will deficinitely recommend this to my friends. Area is a but quiet due to renovations

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Anders12342
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was staying at the hotel on business and my wife accompanied me to do some site seeing during the day. All the hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure my wife had a great experience. The lobby staff were exceptional, always offering a greeting in the morning when I was leaving for the day and in the evening upon my return. It was almost like coming home to family. I would highly recommend this hotel to my associates who travel to New York.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Another great stay at a Best Western. Very pleased with the staff, especially Rita, Don, and Miriam. Very attentive to details about our room and giving great directions/suggestions to places around NYC. Very clean, and nice breakfast. Very quiet location even with hurricane repairs still being done. A little disappointed that the Pier 17/shops are now closed, but was close enough to the subway to get uptown. Our visit coincided with the very cold weather, but we were able to get several restaurants to deliver after being out all day.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

After reading the review on TripAdvisor my family and I decided to give the Best Western Seaport a try. We were very pleased with the service, location and cleanliness of the hotel. As a mom, cleanliness is a big deal to me and I'm always worried about the condition in which my kids will be sleeping. I felt confident that the room had been thoroughly cleaned which made my stay there a lot more relaxing. We also enjoyed the breakfast. New York is expensive so not having to spend extra money on breakfast made this a great place to stay. The breakfast selection was also great, from eggs to fruit -- a wide range for a complimentary breakfast bar.

1  Thank kathia67
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Have stayed at this hotel 4 times and have never been disappointed. Very convenient to downtown and subway to all other New York attractions just a short walk. The Seaport is a really nice up and coming area especially for young people.