“location - express subways, quiet at night”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #285 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is my primary option when traveling to NYC. The rooms are large compared to most NYC lodging. Free breakfast and wifi. Quaint part of town. Easy access to mass transit - express subways just a 10 minute walk. A little pricey. I originally stayed here many years ago because the rates were low. However, with the location, I still feel it is a good value.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I just returned from a trip with 20 high school students and I can't say enough about this place. The room rates were excellent, Anthony and Tia (and all staff) were extremely helpful and the rooms were large and clean. The hotel is conveniently located by several subway stops and the Financial District. This is an excellent value choice!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited Manhattan with my son, we researched our Dutch Colonial ancestors. The staff were great, front desk professional, knowledgeable, teased my son about the afternoon cookies he consumed. Rooms were very clean, the housekeeping staff are great. Only complaint is that my son's room had a view of the HVAC and the noise that went with it, I booked well in advance so I don't understand such an awful room assignment ... hhmm maybe that's how he got away with the afternoon cookies!

1  Thank Marlene L
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus in New York City's Financial District and LOVED it! The front desk staff members are so nice and friendly. They learned your name when you checked in and greeted you by name each time they saw you. The rooms are roomy, the location is fantastic, the free breakfast was delicious. Having the hot items is a nice treat! The next time I go to New York, I will stay here! It is a GEM of a hotel located at the base of the Brooklyn Bridge! It is the best Best Western!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Artie S
Reviewed 21 May 2014

If/when we come back to New York City, will stay here again. Front desk staff were so helpful, looking up directions, calling us a cab. Close to Fulton Street subway entrance, within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 462cynthial
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This hotel was in a quiet section of NYC-smaller size too. No long halls, rooms in a cluster. It was a three block walk to subway and lots of trains so never had to wait to go uptown. Hardly heard any noise from other guests. The breakfast added to the value of the room. We took advantage of coffee and cookies available too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Douglas B
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My spouse and I travelled with my sister and her friend by car from Ontario to New York and were very happy to reach our hotel. It is conveniently located in the heart of the seaport district with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. The lobby is very inviting with comfortable seating, a fireplace and old photos on the walls.

Our check in was handled by Douglas who directed us to the nearby parking and recommended restaurants for late night dining. Check in was easy and our rooms were great. My husband and I were in room 705, top floor middle, facing Peck Slip. The room had french doors to the terrace which had a view of the Brooklyn bridge. The king size bed was very comfortable with soft bedding. There was plenty of hot water for showers.

My sister and her friend were in the room immediately beneath ours, 608, which had a larger balcony, two doors to the terrace and a whirlpool tub.

If we ever come back to NY, we'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

Breakfast selection was good with lots of hot and cold choices. Coffee, tea and fresh fruit were available all hours of the day.

Room Tip: 705 and 608 were both well appointed with terraces facing Peck Slip