“Highly recommend this hotel”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #278 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel might seem to be located away of the tourist areas but in fact it is a walking distance to ground zero, Staten Island Ferry, China Town, Wall Street, Brooklyn Bridge and so on. The closest subway station is Fulton St. I had a great time in this hotel, the staff was very helpful and you feel welcome. The room might need some updates but the one I had was cleaned, spacious and comfy with a view over the Brooklyn Bridge. The breakfast is good and you can make your own waffle. I have been at the BW President at Time Square and had a very very bad experience. Comparing price/quality/service BW Seaport Inn is unbeatable. BW Seaport Inn is a hotel to look at when visiting NYC. The Fulton area is offering a great variety of dinning choices and in summer time you can also watch movies on sundeck chairs sipping drinks and tasting food from nice food trucks that change from day to day. Being very picky about hotels this one is worth the money and a very good choice when staying in NYC. I highly recommend it and will definitely be back to that one for my next visit to the big apple.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I very much enjoyed staying here in May 2014- both for the value and for the convenience to restaurants, shopping and sight seeing. It is most interesting to witness the rebuilding of the South Street Seaport area and have access to the various water taxis in the area. overall, this was a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel was close to the Brooklyn Bridge. It isn't very close to Times Square/Central Park but you can get the subway. We walked most places because the weather was lovely and it didn't take too long. The most disappointing part about the stay for me was the breakfast. The selection mainly consisted of bread which wasn't great for me since I am wheat intolerant so I was extremely limited on what I could actually eat. I was told there would be eggs but most mornings when I arrived down, the eggs were all gone and were not replaced. I wasn't going to get up at 7am to ensure I got eggs because I was on my holidays but I was up usually before 9am and still I wasn't guaranteed eggs. The breads didn't look very fresh baked either, they looked like bought in processed pastries. Maybe I'm just used to 4 star hotels in Ireland where you would always have freshly baked goods and each guest would get a cooked breakfast to set you up for the day. Most mornings, I had to buy breakfast outside of the hotel so just keep that in mind when you are booking. The staff very quite helpful overall but again, they looked at me a bit funny when I asked if they could call a restaurant for me to make me a booking. Again, maybe that isn't something they do in the States. The basics for the hotel are there but just don't necessarily expect anything above and beyond the standard experience. I was just disappointed. Oh and on a last note, be careful about letting midgets into your room if you open the window. I kept waking up with a load of midget bites and couldn't understand why they were only appearing in the morning. Then one night before I went to bed I sprayed myself with deet and my boyfriend was eaten alive instead so it must have been in the room. Maybe buy some repellant

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. The staff were very helpful. Nice and quiet as it is near the port. We really liked that. I would stay here again. The breakfast was decent if you got there really early, if you got there after 8am they usually ran out of the meat, if any was being served. Once items ran out they were replaced but usually by something else. Our room was very clean and we had plenty of towels and toiletries we never had to ask for more. We had 3 adults in the room and we stayed 4 nights. We just walked to the lights and caught a yellow cab as one person in the group was 92 and had heart and lung issues and was unable to walk far. So that worked out great for us. We could usually get a cab within about 5 minutes or so. Much cheaper then having the staff at the desk arrange the taxi. Its actually a very pretty area especially along South street (port area).

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Well kept, nice exterior and tasteful interior, quiet location, many decent quality breakfast choices (except fruit). helpful, competent staff. More than a standard motel, less than a full hotel. Regular prices are a little steep. 10 minute walk to subway or Brooklyn Bridge (walk across and explore Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO. 20 minute walk to 9/11 memorial (see it once in the daytime to honor the names and once in the evening lit up) and museum. 20 minute walk to Chinatown. South Street Seaport is a work in progress but there appear to be a couple of interesting choices for drinks and dining within a few blocks of the hotel. There is also a TKTs branch close to the hotel- though they didn't appear to have as many offerings as the main location in Times Square.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GEORGE B
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Worth staying if you need a NYC hotel not in the outer burroughs that won't bankrupt you. A bit far from the nearest subway stop (Fulton). Great plus is, near to World Trade Center site--the memorial fountains are not to be missed.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent location. Excellent service. Within walking distance to city sights. Ten minute walk to subway. Very clean. Great breakfast. Large room. Bathroom essentials. Comfortable beds ..Refrigerator. Internet available. Nearby restaurants. Delicious cookies!! We'd definitely recommend this hotel!