“Wonderful hotel, staff and location!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #261 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 December 2009

My sister, best friend and I stayed here from 12/4 - 12/6. We were there strictly for a shopping trip only. The hotel is in a very quaint location with cobble stone streets. We felt very safe here. It was a few blocks to the subway to take us into midtown. Lots of shops and places to eat nearby though. The staff was phenomenal from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful!!!! I can't stress enough how friendly everyone was. I highly recommend this hotel. I've never written a review on another hotel but thought that this hotel deserved me taking the time out to recommend it to everyone interested.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 November 2009

Well, more problem with this hotel again. Our office asked and received assurance from both Quikbook and directly from the Best Western Seaport Inn response to us that we can cancel our advance reservation free of charge if my cancellation is 10 days before arrival.
I made advance hotel reservation in August 2009 at QuikBook for 5 nights stay in Oct 26, 2009. I send several email to Best Western Seaport Inn customer service request that we will arrive very late after international flight and want to make sure we get no-smoking room we need. We never received any reply from the hotel. So, we canceled the advance reservation on Oct 10, 2009 and stayed at different hotel.

Well, today, my credit card statement arrived and Best Western Seaport Inn charged me one day of stay. We have called our credit card and refuse this charge. But, I assume hassle persist. I assume this hotel will charge your credit card even if you cancel your reservation 16 days ahead of arrival date. This is absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I also booked this hotel through Quikbook almost 4 months in advance of our stay October 22-26, 2009. I confirmed the reservation via phone about 2 weeks before our departure. Everything was PERFECT! We reserved a room with 2 queen beds for four of us and the room was a good size. We had a view of the Brooklyn Bridge (although a little obstructed since we were on the 5th floor). The room was quiet and in a perfect location to reach the subway, to go to the pier, to go see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, and to see the Financial District. There was so much to do just in this area and only about a 15 minute subway ride to the heart of Manhattan. The bar/restaurant across the street, Nelson Blue, was TOO much fun! If you go there tell Pauly that Anthony and Justin from San Diego say "hi"! It was so nice to stop by there on our way back from a long day of touristy stuff and then talk to locals and have a few drinks and some great New Zealand food! Oh..and the price we got on this room for the 4 of us... WOW.. I could not find a better price in all of Manhattan. We would have had to stay in NJ to get that rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank umkmesmile
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Have recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Payed over $300 per night.

As soon as I got to the room I was disapointed. The room was dark, dirty and not properly serviced i.e no toilet rolls & towels. Unfortunetly when you arriave late at night and go straight to bed you don't tend to notice these things until it's too late. When I complained to reception in the morning they just laughed.

When I got back from a day at work, guess what, towels were still missing. Had to chase these again.

The service just got worse, reception left unattended for long periods, unhelpful staff etc.

The only positive I could say about this hotel, is that the view of the Brooklyn bridge is great.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Nice place, bare bones accomodations. Ms. Tia at check in was great, accomodating, friendly, curteous. Room 704, wow, huge terrace, however, over 400 balloons for a saturday night, worth the view and the size. Great italian cafe across the street called Buono' Amici, fantastic sauce, food, service, price, AH-BOON-ANZA! nice area, be careful of the cobblestones in front of the hotel, you could break an ankle.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmacNYC
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The Seaport Inn is located right next to Brooklyn Bridge and the Seaport. Nightly strolls to the harbor, hanging out at the piers, very central location ... excellent choice as a base for your sightseeing trips (subway and ferries close by).
The hotel is very clean and quiet, offers a nice variety of continental breakfast and fresh cookies throughout the day.
The staff could be a bit friendlier in my opinion, but nothing to complain about.
All in all a good choice!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank airmeki
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Although the hotel is small, it is very charming and tastefully decorated. We had a standard size room with a king bed (very comfortable). The location of the hotel is awesome...walking distance to lower Manhattan attractions, but far enough to be removed from crowds and noise! You feel as if you are visiting Boston Harbor- instead of Manhattan. Did I mention free continental breakfast and discounted parking?

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple