“Would definitely stay here again!”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seaport Inn Downtown
Ranked #242 of 467 Hotels in New York City
North East England
“Would definitely stay here again!”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We decided on this hotel because it was difficult to find any hotel in New York without negative comments. We use Best Western when touring the States, so decided to use this hotel for our 5 night stay.
The hotel is next to the Brooklyn Bridge and we had a view that overlooked the bridge - really pretty at night. The area is very quiet, lots of places to eat and a shopping mall nearby - the deli next to the hotel is very handy.
The hotel itself is quiet, the rooms are very clean and thebreakfast is standard BW - but good to fill-up on before a day sightseeing. Our only complaint would be the size of the breakfast room which is too small; there are only four or five tables which fill up quickly. People were also sitting eating at the PC, which limited its use.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Ground Zero, Liberty Park and the ferries. There are also two subway stations nearby to get uptown.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank RileyNEEngland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 14 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Seaport Inn on Dec 6 for three nights. I have to say that our experience was a very positive one.

Our room was on the 5th floor and we had a view of the Brooklyn Bridge from our window. The room was a decent size and the bed was comfy.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. On the one rainy day I needed to take a cab to my class and they arranged for a car to come and get me and take me to class. Also they let my husband do a late check out on our last day and stored our bags all free of charge.

The morning breakfast spread was adequate but the room is really small and hard to navigate. We never did get waffles as the waffle maker was always being occupied.

The hotel is within walking distance to Battery Park, Little Italy and Wall Street. There is a Subway station a few blocks away that we utilized to go to Manhatten one evening.

I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank joenronnie
raleigh, nc
Reviewed 7 December 2009

My sister, best friend and I stayed here from 12/4 - 12/6. We were there strictly for a shopping trip only. The hotel is in a very quaint location with cobble stone streets. We felt very safe here. It was a few blocks to the subway to take us into midtown. Lots of shops and places to eat nearby though. The staff was phenomenal from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful!!!! I can't stress enough how friendly everyone was. I highly recommend this hotel. I've never written a review on another hotel but thought that this hotel deserved me taking the time out to recommend it to everyone interested.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 November 2009

Well, more problem with this hotel again. Our office asked and received assurance from both Quikbook and directly from the Best Western Seaport Inn response to us that we can cancel our advance reservation free of charge if my cancellation is 10 days before arrival.
I made advance hotel reservation in August 2009 at QuikBook for 5 nights stay in Oct 26, 2009. I send several email to Best Western Seaport Inn customer service request that we will arrive very late after international flight and want to make sure we get no-smoking room we need. We never received any reply from the hotel. So, we canceled the advance reservation on Oct 10, 2009 and stayed at different hotel.

Well, today, my credit card statement arrived and Best Western Seaport Inn charged me one day of stay. We have called our credit card and refuse this charge. But, I assume hassle persist. I assume this hotel will charge your credit card even if you cancel your reservation 16 days ahead of arrival date. This is absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
San Diego
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I also booked this hotel through Quikbook almost 4 months in advance of our stay October 22-26, 2009. I confirmed the reservation via phone about 2 weeks before our departure. Everything was PERFECT! We reserved a room with 2 queen beds for four of us and the room was a good size. We had a view of the Brooklyn Bridge (although a little obstructed since we were on the 5th floor). The room was quiet and in a perfect location to reach the subway, to go to the pier, to go see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, and to see the Financial District. There was so much to do just in this area and only about a 15 minute subway ride to the heart of Manhattan. The bar/restaurant across the street, Nelson Blue, was TOO much fun! If you go there tell Pauly that Anthony and Justin from San Diego say "hi"! It was so nice to stop by there on our way back from a long day of touristy stuff and then talk to locals and have a few drinks and some great New Zealand food! Oh..and the price we got on this room for the 4 of us... WOW.. I could not find a better price in all of Manhattan. We would have had to stay in NJ to get that rate.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank umkmesmile
UK
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Have recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Payed over $300 per night.

As soon as I got to the room I was disapointed. The room was dark, dirty and not properly serviced i.e no toilet rolls & towels. Unfortunetly when you arriave late at night and go straight to bed you don't tend to notice these things until it's too late. When I complained to reception in the morning they just laughed.

When I got back from a day at work, guess what, towels were still missing. Had to chase these again.

The service just got worse, reception left unattended for long periods, unhelpful staff etc.

The only positive I could say about this hotel, is that the view of the Brooklyn bridge is great.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Nice place, bare bones accomodations. Ms. Tia at check in was great, accomodating, friendly, curteous. Room 704, wow, huge terrace, however, over 400 balloons for a saturday night, worth the view and the size. Great italian cafe across the street called Buono' Amici, fantastic sauce, food, service, price, AH-BOON-ANZA! nice area, be careful of the cobblestones in front of the hotel, you could break an ankle.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple