“Seaport Area” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #227 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Jose, California
“Seaport Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

The Best Western Seaport Inn is a great place to stay in Downtown NYC. It is in an area that is being revitalized and right by the Brooklyn Bridge with easy access to the Subway and within walking distance of many things you want to see in NYC. The offer a continental breakfast to all guest everyday which includes make your own waffles. They were very accommodating to our needs and let us look at several rooms before we settled on one. The price is as expected for NYC but worth it.

Stayed February 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

I would not have known this was a Best Western were it not for the cheap plastic cups in the bathroom. The room has charm with modera amenities like the extra wide shower rod/curtain. The room itself had charm and was reasonably sized for NYC, with a comfortable bed.

The staff was polite but no more. When I asked at the front desk for a taxi when I checked out, I was told they "could not" call a taxi -- it would have to be a car service. CAUTION: this hotel is off the beaten path. Taxis are not cruising the cobblestone street in front. There is a South St. Seaport taxi stand about 4 blocks away. A bus stop is also 3 blocks away. On a positive note, there are some wine bars andshopping nearby.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2010

My wife and I stopped here from 17 Dec to 20th Dec 2009, prior to getting on the Queen Mary for a cruise.
It was all as expected, warm, clean, very friendly staff. We had two queen beds in a large room with a view of the bridge.
The rate included a continental breakfast which was well supplied and set us up for the morning.
It is in a good location to walk to a lot of sights and there are subways near by.
There were other Brit families staying at the time - who were happy with what was on offer. The free internet was a bonus. The mananger was helpfull and answered my emails quickly

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank retiredbrituk
North East England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

We decided on this hotel because it was difficult to find any hotel in New York without negative comments. We use Best Western when touring the States, so decided to use this hotel for our 5 night stay.
The hotel is next to the Brooklyn Bridge and we had a view that overlooked the bridge - really pretty at night. The area is very quiet, lots of places to eat and a shopping mall nearby - the deli next to the hotel is very handy.
The hotel itself is quiet, the rooms are very clean and thebreakfast is standard BW - but good to fill-up on before a day sightseeing. Our only complaint would be the size of the breakfast room which is too small; there are only four or five tables which fill up quickly. People were also sitting eating at the PC, which limited its use.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Ground Zero, Liberty Park and the ferries. There are also two subway stations nearby to get uptown.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank RileyNEEngland
Binghamton, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Seaport Inn on Dec 6 for three nights. I have to say that our experience was a very positive one.

Our room was on the 5th floor and we had a view of the Brooklyn Bridge from our window. The room was a decent size and the bed was comfy.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. On the one rainy day I needed to take a cab to my class and they arranged for a car to come and get me and take me to class. Also they let my husband do a late check out on our last day and stored our bags all free of charge.

The morning breakfast spread was adequate but the room is really small and hard to navigate. We never did get waffles as the waffle maker was always being occupied.

The hotel is within walking distance to Battery Park, Little Italy and Wall Street. There is a Subway station a few blocks away that we utilized to go to Manhatten one evening.

I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank joenronnie
raleigh, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

My sister, best friend and I stayed here from 12/4 - 12/6. We were there strictly for a shopping trip only. The hotel is in a very quaint location with cobble stone streets. We felt very safe here. It was a few blocks to the subway to take us into midtown. Lots of shops and places to eat nearby though. The staff was phenomenal from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful!!!! I can't stress enough how friendly everyone was. I highly recommend this hotel. I've never written a review on another hotel but thought that this hotel deserved me taking the time out to recommend it to everyone interested.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

Well, more problem with this hotel again. Our office asked and received assurance from both Quikbook and directly from the Best Western Seaport Inn response to us that we can cancel our advance reservation free of charge if my cancellation is 10 days before arrival.
I made advance hotel reservation in August 2009 at QuikBook for 5 nights stay in Oct 26, 2009. I send several email to Best Western Seaport Inn customer service request that we will arrive very late after international flight and want to make sure we get no-smoking room we need. We never received any reply from the hotel. So, we canceled the advance reservation on Oct 10, 2009 and stayed at different hotel.

Well, today, my credit card statement arrived and Best Western Seaport Inn charged me one day of stay. We have called our credit card and refuse this charge. But, I assume hassle persist. I assume this hotel will charge your credit card even if you cancel your reservation 16 days ahead of arrival date. This is absolutely unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business