“Excellent stay at the Night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Night Theater District

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Night Theater District
Ranked #255 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Winsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at the Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2007

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Night for 5 nights in Feb. We booked through Expedia and managed to get a rate of $130 a night which was an absolute bargain for a hotel of this class and location.

As soon as we arrived we we're suprised at just how close it is to Times Square. I know that Expedia said it was a short walk away but I took that with a pinch of salt! From leaving the hotel door to the center of Times Square takes all of 2 minutes! Despite this the hotel remains nice and peaceful.

The hotel itself is very funky. The decor is certainly 'different' to say the least but I really warmed to it. Lounge music is played (quietly) in the corridors which really adds to the ambience.

Our room was a standard room and although small was plenty big enough for us. We had a window which looked out onto a wall so we kept the large (and stylish!) curtain closed most of the time. The lack of natural light might be a problem to some but we spent little time awake in the room so it didn't really bother us.

The bathroom is also small but well fitted. The shower has a huge head and is heavenly. As already stated there is no side wall to the shower so you have to put an extra towell on the floor to stop flooding. Annoying but no major problem. The Molton Brown soaps and shampoos are lovely. Much better than your average hotel toiletries.

The rooms also have a large tv with lots of channels and a Bose sound system. The Bose has an Ipod attachment so you can listen to your ipod as you get ready to pound the NYC streets!

All in all Ioved my stay at the night and would love to visit again. I've noticed that the rates have gone up quite a bit since my last stay so maybe I'll shop around before my next stay in NYC.

Boring bits you might want to know:
Wireless internet is $10 a day,
There is an in room safe,
There is air con but it's noisy,
Free NY Times every morning under door,
Hair dryer provided,
Travel adaptors provided,
There is a mini-bar.

I have recommended this hotel to friends.

Apologies for the poor quality of my pictures! I'm not the best with a camera!

• Liked — Location and the unique styling
  • Disliked — Rooms are small, but who cares?!?
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tappy2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
L.A.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2007

Oh my God....what happened? My boyfriend and I stayed there a bit over a year ago. It was summer 2006. We had a great time. Stayed for 6 nights. The staff was young, fun, sexy and AMAZINGLY helpful.
Even the general manager wore jeans and helped the young attractive lobby butler bring us some wine when we checked in! The place wasn't really finished during our stay but the staff and service made up for it. We were really looking forward to coming back... excited to see the finished product.
But it was never finished! It actually looks worse! The service isn't as good and most of the friendly faces were gone. Replaced by far less competent people. The service was horrible. My room went TWO DAYS without being serviced! I asked to speak with the general manager and instead of an individual who looked and talked the part AFTER 2 DAYS we finally spoke to a rude indian woman who told us our housekeeping claim was "impossible" !
I asked were the previous general manager was and was told that he no longer was with the company. OBVIOUSLY! Must've moved on to a real company.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — everything
5 Thank KarenJ25
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2007

We have booked the room because it was supposed to be quite different from the average hotel room. Well it was!
There were things I have liked, such as comfy bed and Molton Brown goodies and things I didn`t. Unfortunately, there is more of those.
The most annoying is the door and air con unit. Both of them are noisy. The doors are metal and even if you are carefull in closing them, they always bang. Then there is no window. After a day it was driving us mad. Basically it`s dark all the time and lighting is not that great, as such I had a problem applying my make-up.
The promised goodie bag upon arrival has never materialised.
Lastly, the breakfast consisted of coffee, orange juice, bagels, packs of cereals, yoghurt, bananas and apple. That`s it.
One special mention: I have booked the hotel via discount website and felt that the guy who checked us in treated us as not a such desirable guests (although other staff were ok).
Overall, an okay experience for $220 a night but wouldn`t pay any more than that.

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank londongirl26
north carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2007

My husband and I stayed at this hotel thanksgiving weekend and loved it. The staff is very friendly and courteous. The rooms are a bit small but it is New York City! The rooms are gorgeous, brilliantly designed and very sexy. They offer wonderful storage despite the size. You can easily block out the hustle of the city. I will definitely reccomend to others! The only thing I would change is the selections at their continental breakfast.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank mandrtravel
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2007

Loved the hotel. Great location. Fun decor. Great staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Will stay here again, especially with the UK / EURO dollar so good against the US dollar and so many visitors heading into town to clean up on the cheap shopping ... raising hotel rates sky-high .. this place was a great deal booked on tablet hotels.

• Liked — The comfortable beds and clean bathroom and the awesome themed decor.
  • Disliked — That we didn't have time to stay longer.
2 Thank Roam-and-Home
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2007

This was definitely a good choice for a weekend getaway. Our room was a deluxe one. It was not to big so make sure you get this one kind of room or you might just get sick if you are claustrophobic. Had it at a very nice price on the hotel website (a little complicated website in my opinion though...)
The hotel is elegant and stylish. The staff is nice and efficient. Check-in was really fast as was check-out which is a good thing for a wkd getaway.
The room was clean but the bathroom needs eùergency refurbishing (some rusty metal which made a really bad impression). The bar looked nice although in NYC, you should rather enjoy the city nightlife than stay at the hotek bar...The restaurant was closed for renovation during my stay so I can't say anything about it...Knowing NYC very well, I did not use the concierge either. Did not try the internet either...
The bed IS comfortable and large but if you are tall like me, you might be a little surprised about the lenght of the bed (really short). the TV is fine with a lot of channels.
BUT: this is great for a wkd, not a day more than that because you might be sick of the dark colors as well as the small rooms. The people in the hotel are noisy because of slamming doors (very heavy noise) and they go out late usually...The location is superb...

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — the bathroom
1 Thank Johnfromparis
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2007

Brilliant hotel - the rooms are small, which you'd expect in NYC, but have fantastic decor. They really feel like an event in themselves! The bar and lobby are like a nightclub, and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

The bathroom is tiny and a little chilly, but then we were staying in December, and you can leave the bathroom door open and the room heating will warm it up in no time.

You're right near Time Square, which is fab for the NYC feel, but to be honest I'd recommend staying in Soho if you're under 35 and there for shopping rather than just being a tourist.

Breakfast - come out of the hotel and turn right and cross the street. There's a brilliant diner just there.

In short, I wouldn't stay here again, but I'm really pleased to have had the experience!

• Liked — The Decor
  • Disliked — The Bathroom
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple