“Great location. All else.. Not So Much” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Night Theater District

Night Theater District
Ranked #254 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chicago
“Great location. All else.. Not So Much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Night hotel is probably best left to Goths who find the stimulation of Times Square at night irresistible. Furnishings and finishes are all in a black & white or Black & Beige pattern. The effect of which is to make the uncannily small rooms feel even smaller and slightly soiled. If you insist on staying here (Yes, Times Square is only like 1 block away), spend more and get a larger rooms. The small ones are too tiny to swing a cat. Bathroom (more black) had a shower that looked like it was assembled by Home Depot, except I doubt they carry all black finishes. Cheap black vinyl shower curtain, and nothing inside the shower to hold your toiletries. Not even a tiny ledge or shelf. Minibar is the annoying type that registers beverages as sold even if you just move them an inch. No business-type amenities like a kiosk or computer for printing boarding passes. Good luck with your stay at Night, if you insist on trying it. I'm in search of something a little brighter on my next NYC trip.

Room Tip: Spend more and get a larger one as the first category are waaay too small.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lisainthestates
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear lisainthestates,

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your trip to Night.

I apologize if the hotel decor and theme was not to your liking, however we do pride ourselves in having a unique style. Please note that we have computers downstairs in the lobby that are complimentary for our guests upon request. In order to print documents, our Front Desk staff is available 24 hours to assist you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your next trip to NYC, should you decide to give us a second chance.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Turkish first
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I could not recommend this hotel enough, perfect location 10 seconds from the centre of Times Square. The hotel itself has fantastic decor and a great atmosphere, the rooms are a decent size for NYC and presented really well. Nice touches like a small box of chocolates in the room for arrival, nightly turn down service with chocolates on the pillow and a weather report for the next day, makes you feel very special. The maid service was fantastic. Staff unbeleivably helpful and welcoming. I would definatley stay at this hotel again, it makes me want to try the sister hotels in New York, Stay and Dream.

Also across the road from the hotel is a deli called Cranberry Cafe, the food is wonderful and reasonably priced, ideal for breakfast and lunch.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bullit822000
Dear bullit822000,

Thank you so much for your kind review!

I am thrilled to hear that our Night team was able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our hotel decor and central location.

Please feel free to contact me directly at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist with your next trip to NYC.

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed here on a discounted same day hotel service. Upon check in, she told me that I received an upgraded larger room. I cannot imagine a smaller room though. I had to squish past the fridge to get into the bathroom and I'm a petite person. Ive stayed in numerous hotels in nyc and this was by far the smallest. The bathroom was very dark and made getting ready in the morning difficult. Music blared in the hallway and could be heard in the room. Worst of all was the discovery in the morning that the window in room 25 leading to the fire escape was incapable of being locked. It had been unlocked when I went out the night before and all night. I Never would have stayed there if I had known. To it's credit it was clean, the bed comfy, and location excellent.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Synchro12
Dear Synchro12,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your trip to Night.

I am glad that you were satisfied with the level of cleanliness at our property as well as the central location.

Since we are a boutique hotel in central Midtown Manhattan, our rooms are on the cosy side and our unique decor may make it difficult to have any natural light in the building.

I would like to extend my apologies for the window in your room, rest assured, we have taken the appropriate steps to rectify this immediately.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Amazing Hotel, location is perfect as it's in midtown of Manhattan. You can easily walk to anything. Staf was very friendly and helpful, breath taking decor, room was stuny and very clean. Just perfect for my first time in New York City.

Room Tip: Room was very quiete, nice
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sanja S
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Sanja S,

I am happy to hear you were overall satisfied with the level of service and cleanliness at Night Hotel and would like to thank you for your review.

Our decor is unique to our property and am glad you enjoyed it as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com for your next trip to NYC.

I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I've stayed here twice so far, the first time I was upgraded to the Penthouse, which is exactly what a penthouse hotel room should be. The second time I stayed only one night but was again extremely impressed. Both times I was helped (and saved) by Patrick. After checkout I got about 10 blocks away and realized I managed to leave my bag in the lobby. No sooner than I could take my phone out I received a message that both the Doorman and Patrick had seen my bag and immediately placed it safely away until I arrived to grab it. May seem small but I've stayed at plenty of boutique and luxury hotels where the attitude and general vibe of the staff made me want to leave. Basically if you need a hotel and your anywhere near the Times Square area, stay here!!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Cnzito
Dear Cnzito,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent trip to Night.

I am thrilled to hear that our doorman and Patrick were able to save your trip and store your luggage safely until you returned.

Please feel free to contact me directly at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist with your booking.

CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed Superbowl weekend to celebrate my 10 year anniversary. Staff very friendly and helpful, and room was wonderfully decorated.

Upon checkin, the front desk staff was very friendly and had a room for us quickly, even though we were early.

The room was a little small, but didn't feel cramped. I am claustrophobic so was a little concerned. But when I saw the room I felt very relaxed. There was plenty of room to walk around the bed, and the bathroom was a nice size. At no time did I feel uncomfortable in the room. The elevator, however, was another story. It is very small and barely fits 4 people (tightly) at a time. I had to close my eyes and hold my breath when someone else was on it with me..

The bar area was very dark and the seats are uncomfortable.

If you need restaurant recommendations, make sure to ask. Over course of the time we were in NYC, asked front desk about specific types of food and were given great recommendations all within a few minutes walk from the hotel.

The location is ideal if you want to do the tourist thing. It was a few minutes walk from either Times Sq or shopping on 5th Ave. Very close to all major subway lines.

I also think this must be one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. My room was spotless, and we saw cleaning people in the hallways every time we were coming in/out of our room and in the elevator.

If you feel concerned at all about this hotel, or have any questions, I would suggest you reach out the the management either by phone or email. Response I received was quick and very professional.

Overall, this was a great hotel and I will definitely be back. However, be forewarned that this hotel is for couples. There are suggestive pictures on the walls, and a Karma Sutra in the bedside table. Definitely not a place for children.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lonil001
Dear Lonil001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on you recent stay at Night.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were happy with the level of service and cleanliness at our property. I have taken your kind comments and shown them to our entire team as a great source of motivation to us all.

I hope you will contact me personally at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your next reservation.

St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

we have just stayed there, 23 to 28 feb the room was really clean great showers every one was so helpfull patrick could not have done any more to make are stay amazing so close to time square.we would stay again in the blink of an eye. cool bar in the reception, with a really nice deli over the road two minutes from subway. All in all the best place to stay yours sincerely joby godolphin st ives cornwall england.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank joby g
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear joby g,

I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at Night while you were in NYC!

I have forwarded your kind review to our entire team to show how great customer service goes a long way!

Please feel free to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you.