“Central Times Square hotel”

Night Theater District
Ranked #245 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Birmingham
“Central Times Square hotel”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Good overall experience. Most reviews mention the size of the rooms so we were pleasantly surprised to find this to be perfectly adequate for a 4 night stay. Bed was extremely comfortable, room was clean and well decorated and staff accommodated our advance request for a high floor quiet room.
The only facility we would have liked would be an illuminated magnifying mirror for shaving/ make up, particularly due to the darkness of the room.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room away from the elevators if you need a good night sleep
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Karen348, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

mmorrobel@nighthotelny.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had such a blast in NYC over our five night visit. I can tell you that our stay at the Night Hotel contributed greatly to the experience. We were in a king sized room.

An opinion of a hotel starts with the staff. They are the welcome wagon which can set the tone for your stay. These men and women at Night Hotel were great. Every one of them. I can’t remember the name of the young man who checked us in, but he was so sweet and very professional at every encounter. Patrick too is a real gem. He’s very personable and knows his city. They are all very knowledgeable about NYC and are happy to answer any and all questions. One night we had a lengthy and great conversation with one of their employees (again, I can’t remember his name! rats!) who grew up in Paris and Lisbon and spoke at least a handful of languages. He was so interesting. A++ for customer service.

The room is quite small. Although it is a “typical size” for a NYC room, according to so many locals. It was clean. We quickly got used to the size because it was decorated so cool, and it quickly felt like we were staying in a room of a friend’s house. We appreciated the comfortable bed with its nice sheets which made for a good nights sleep. The cosy bathrobes were a welcome touch, and I was glad to know that they were a perk that comes with the room. We were on the 2nd floor and had a view of 45th St. My husband slept like a rock, and I felt that any street noise wasn’t too bad. I would bet that the windows are dual pane. I NEVER heard a peep from anyone above our room, nor did I hear ANY sound through the walls. That really made me happy, and I took notice of how thick the walls must be. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore. An “A-” for the room. They would get an “A” if there were a bathtub, but I learned that none of their rooms have a bathtub.

LOVED the location. Enjoyed grabbing a drink at Connelly’s across the street (free wi-fi over there). Your choice of 3 Irish bars complete with munchies, and friendly employees are right across the street. Starbucks is a couple of doors towards TS, and heading towards 6th and across the street is a 24 hour deli. We split a nice little veggie sandwich there at about 3 am on the night we arrived before we hit the hay. A++ for location.

Only a couple of blocks from our favorite hole-in-the-wall breakfast and/or lunch/early dinner place called, “Green Symphony” 255 W 43rd St - between 7th Ave & 8th Ave. This is a health food haven and “a must” if you are into SUPER fresh, SUPER tasty recipes at a great price. I'm definitely going to review them on TA.

There is a sushi restaurant in the Night Hotel, but as vegetarians we never tried it.

OK, that's about it. I will think back on this trip with fond memories, and they were a big part of it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pilates_Gal
Dear Pilates_Gal, we are delighted to know your experience at Night hotel was memorable and met your expectations. It's very rewarding to read reviews like yours, We hope you choose us again the next time you come to NYC.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Rooms are trendy, functional and a little small, but what you lack in room you more than make up for with access to Time Square. Staff were great, didnt dine in house becuase it just appeard too small, down side had to pay for wifi in rooms.

Room Tip: Get a room on the south or rear, there was renovations going on in street and a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fred D, thank you for posting your review about your recent stay. We appreciate your comment about the NIGHT staff. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

mmorrobel@nighthotleny.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I planed a romantic staycation for me and my boyfriend and what better place than the Sexiest hotel in America!? I have to tell you the hotel lives up to the pictures. It's small but well designed. The atmosphere is cool from the moment you walk in off the street. I came in early in the day to leave some decorations at the hotel and Patrick at the desk was super helpful. I spoke to him prior to arrival and he let me know what I could and could not bring (no candles! that was a close one...). I was hoping my room would be ready but no such luck. I was bummed that I'd have to come back later in the day but Patrick volunteered to place my little decorations in the room himself when the room became ready. LIFE SAVER!

As it turns out the room was just as comfortable as the lobby was. It's small but well designed and it really was the perfect romantic getaway for the two of us. I wanted to lay in bed all day on Sunday. I didn't want to leave our little cocoon.

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a bigger room than book the bigger room. It's a boutique hotel so all...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for posting a review about your stay LadyG_212! We are thrilled you like the room/lobby and the attention of our staff members. We look forward to welcome you back in the future. Please contact us directly for better rates.

Hendersonville
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The staff were wonderful. There was glitch in my reservation and to make up for the inconvenience the sent a very nice young man up with a bottle of complimentary sparking wine. The room was more spacious than I expected. King Sized Bed with comfortable mattress topper and nice sheets. I am not a big fan of Art Deco (all that black laquer and silver make the room seem dark) but the room was well appointed. Desk, large flat screen TV, BOSE sound system and and an iron and ironing board were nice additions. It is incredibly convenient. I walked everywhere. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Patroberts_11, we thank you for your review. Guest satisfaction is very important to us, therefore we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took good care of you. Please email me directly if you plan to come back so we can offer very good rates and a complimentary amenity.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We've just come back after staying here for a week and what a fantastic hotel, the decor is awesome very sexy from the front desk to all hallways. Highly recommended, The staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay especially Robert who we dealt with most of the time. The location of this hotel is second to none -Times Square is at the end of the street! what more could you want. Would recommend Night Hotel to anyone that's visiting NYC.

1 Thank Faireyclairey
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Faireyclairey, It's very rewarding to read reviews as yours. We are delighted to know your stay was great. I am glad Robert assisted you with all your questions and needs during your stay. We would like you to come back next time you visit NYC. Please email me directly to offer you the best available rate.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The location of this hotel is second to none- Times Square is literally on your doorstep!!!
The room was clean and compact (standard size for NY hotel in this area) with facilities including hairdryer, iron, BOSE sound system and a large flatscreen TV. The staff were extremely helpful throughout our stay. Negatives I would have to include is that the air conditioning unit is quite noisy and a bit to cold and no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter K, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Saiful M, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be helpful. We do offer coffee makers upon request. Please email me directly for future reservations and I will make sure you get a very nice/quite room and a complimentary amenity.