“Sexy and Gothic in a great location”

Night Theater District
Ranked #252 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bucharest, Romania
“Sexy and Gothic in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed there for three nights and had a great time. When you arrive you're not sure if it's a restaurant or a club, but keep going. The front desk staff were super helpful for two tired travelers - a big help when you are dizzy after the flight from Europe. The decor is unusual yet original, if a bit dark in places. The rooms are small, but this is New York so no surprise there. The real treat is the location - many key points are within really easy walking distance, there are Metro stations close by and Time Square is literally just round the corner. Prices are not exactly bargain basement but this is the centre of New York so you pay for the location as well as everything else.
Do not expect a view of much (no herds of wildebeest or hanging gardens), but why would you?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bucharesta
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear bucharesta, thank you for posting about your experience at NIGHT. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Please email me directly for any future reservations. We hope to welcome you back sometime in the future.

mmorrobel@nighthotelny.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We had so much fun in this hotel.
Beautiful decor!
A very nice and helpful staff.
EXCELLENT LOCATION!
They bring every day a page with the coming weather forecast and a special event that will take place the next day (and a Swiss chocolate).

The only thing they need to improve is the sound proofing of the water pipes...

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yoni R
Dear Yoni R, thank you for such a great review about your recent stay at NIGHT. We are delighted to know you liked the turndown service and overall had fun during your stay. We take into considereation your feedback and will check the sound proofing of the water pipes. We hope to have you back in the future.

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked a room on the back of positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel looks like a nightclub inside, which wasn't to my taste, but to be fair that's the theme. As a result the rooms are very dark (decor is mostly black).

All of this is understandable, but the rooms are also tiny and ours smelled very strongly of cigarette smoke. This being New York, opening the windows is not an option, and so we were stuck with this awful smell for a night. The front desk staff were rather terse and unhelpful. The restaurant/bar outside area was right below our room and the noise from revellers continued until around 2am.

In the end we checked out after only one night and went to a more airy, spacious and bright hotel. I can't understand why this hotel has such a high rating.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear AndrewvanB, I am sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. We are a non-smoking propery but I think you were in a room right above our smoking patio which is the only place in our hotel that smoking is permitted. I apologize about the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We would like you to give us another oportunity to make up for the things that were not to your liking.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I just stayed at Night NY... and had a blast. First off perfect location. Its right around the corner from all the sites (Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Bryant Park).

I was 1/2 a block from my Broadway show (Once).

The hotel reminded me I was in the streets of Barcelona's Gothic Quarter.

Its dark, its sexy... and its BOLD. I will leave NYC talking about this hotel FOREVER.

The staff was friendly and courteous. I wish they had a morning place to dine, but the Front Desk pointed me out to several places within minutes of their front door.

I booked a Full bedded room without realizing it and the Front Desk upgraded us to a Queen (thank goodness, otherwise my boyfriend would not have bee happy with me)

PS I am a huge starbucks girl- and it was literally like 100 ft away. (im not brave enough for NYC Street Cart coffee).

I did eat at the hotel.... I had some Salmon rolls at Red Moon (their lounge/ restaurant) OMG they were delish, fresh, and oh soooooo yummy.

I wish I had been there longer than 3 days. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Hotel doesn't have rooms with 2 beds. So if you go with a buddy or mom, make sure you know to bo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Liddy M, thank you for your detailed and positive review. We are thrilled to know your experience was great and you enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to have you back in the future. Please contact us directly for any future reservation and we will take good care of you.

Cinnaminson, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel and had to cancel, but there was no way to contact the property! Their phone lines did not connect, were busy, or no one answered for the past 3 days. I tried sending an e-mail but got back a message that the mailbox was full. When I I called the Wyndam main number, they also had some difficulty locating my reservation but were finally able to process the cancellation. Personally, I will not deal with any company in which you cannot speak to a live person. I did not stay there and never intend to re-book this visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dmb187
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear dmb187, we apologize for the inconveniences when you tried to contact us. Our phone lines are experiencing some issues and not all the calls are coming through. Verizon is currently working on this issue and we also posted information on our Facebook page. I hope you can give us another chance in the future; we will make sure your stay meet your expectations from the beginning.

Keflavik, Iceland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was here for 3 nights and we where a group together of total 5 rooms. The location is great but the rooms are small and the price was not cheap. The service in the restaurant was terrible in all occasions which downgraded the total experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Gunnaregill, thank you for posting your review. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Hopefully, you can give us another chance to better serve you in the future. Please email me directly for a future reservation and I will take care of your requests.

Kind Regards,

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

First visit to the Big Apple for a conference and stayed here. Very near Times Square, subway, shopping, etc. Beautiful room; small but typical size for NYC. Very quiet in the hotel; never heard any noise from other rooms. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would stay here again if given the chance, and the price was excellent for the area and amenities.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear thehamster64, we are glad we met your expectations. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you stay with us again.