Night Theater District
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$440
US$326
Official Site
  • Pool
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
  • Room Service
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$232
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$527
US$401
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$240
  • Bar/Lounge
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$400
US$233
  • Room Service
2,228 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkrooms are smallboutique hoteltheater districtthe penthousequeen roommini barstreet noisecentral parksexynycsexiestblocksubwaywallpaper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was with a party of 8, and we stayed here from 18th December to 22nd December 2013.

Checking in was easy and we unable to have rooms allocated on the same floor however they did allocate the rooms so that we were close to the lift which was excellent and appreciated.

WiFi is $10 for 24hrs which I think is reasonable. I paid for the first night.

The only issue with the stay was that we all had issues with the door keys, we were issued two cards per room. However one would work and the other would not, which made things annoying if we did not return together at the hotel. The hotel staff did everything they could short of changing the actual locks themselves. It turns out it was an issue with most of the locks in the hotel. Staff were baffled by the situation and for the inconvienence we were given free WiFi for the duration of our stay.

We found free wine in our rooms which was a lovely touch, the hotel new we were in NYC celebrating my 30th Birthday.

The staff were excellent, they chatted to us and were very informative when we had questions to ask. Whether it be the best place for breakfast or a place to get a good cup of coffee. Always had a little chat with them all upon my return from a day out. Really fantastic!

The hotel itself is awesome. I love the interior and exterior. I love the darkness and the black and white. The bed was all kinds of comfortable. I stayed in a queen room. Pillows were lovely as was the mattress. Decor is excellent!

In the bedside table you will not find a bible, but I shall not spoil the surprise of what was found!! !! Brilliant.

On my Birthday I came back to the hotel from the day out, pre evening out, I found a bottle of bubbly with compliments! Lovely gesture considering how well I was already looked after!

SO close to Times Square, a one minute walk, and a five minute walk to Rockerfeller Center/Radio City Music Hall.

I WILL BE BACK! I normally forget the names of hotels I stay at, such as my previous occasion to NYC 7 years prior. This hotel offers a completely different experience for the better and I cannot wait to re-visit.

EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: There is a starbucks next door, but the best coffee is across the road in the deli. There are two Irish bars across the road, O'Lunney's is better and cheaper.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stvhales
Maringly M, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Stvhales, thank you for telling us about your experience at NIGHT. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. We would like to apologize again about the inconveniences with the room keys. This issue has already been solved.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Night Hotel for 4 nights when I was in NY in autumn 2012. My friend highly reccomended the hotel, so I guess my expectations where excessive, - the value for the money we payed was not fulfilled. If you are looking for something special,- stay there: The rooms are stylish but small. Time Square's just arround the corner and the staff was always friendly and helpful. A 24/7 construction area nicked my sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nadine_Sch, thank you for posting your review. We hope you can come and stay with us again. The construction across the street is over and you will have a more quiet sleep. Please email me directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Professional staff - very accommodating and attentive, as I waited for the rest of our party. Cool urban hotel atmosphere and rooms were typical NYC size, but perfect for what we needed. The MidTown / Times Square location was perfect for our two night stay.
We had appetizers and a drink while we waited. Barmaid was personable and recommended the perfect vodka.
Also consider checking out sister hotel Dream on W 55th - nice rooftop bar.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for you great review ThePBR! We are delighted to know your stay was pleasant and that you were satisfied with the service provided by the hotel and bar staff. Please, email me directly for any future bookings. I will make sure you get a very nice room and welcome back amenity.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Be advised, this is a small boutique style hotel—that smells good! When I say small, I mean small. The lobby itself is compact so don't be surprised/disappointed when you come in. The rooms and hallways reminded me of our last cruise ship vacation. The benefit however; is a no-nonsense hotel lobby with no "loiterers".

After reading tons of reviews, we decided to stay in Time Square for our first time to NY to celebrate our 20 yr. anniversary. Some said the hotel was like a nightclub, and I did not want to be around a bunch of young club-hoppers, but we were pleasantly surprised by the guests. They ranged in age, but we rarely ran into other guests despite the compact size of the hotel. The decor is exactly as the pics show, black and white, sexy, and catered for adults. This was just what we wanted. We didn't want to stay in a "family" hotel with kids because we came to NY to escape our young kids. The hotel doesn't discriminate I'm sure; if you want to bring your kids you can, but it’s definitely a grown-up’s place. No real “security” at the hotel, and sometimes, no doorman. Maybe it would raise prices to have one full-time..hmm.

The only noises I could hear from other guests at night was their doors closing. Once closed, I could not hear anything else--thankfully :-). We didn't notice any problems with the elevator speed. The hotel has only 9 floors, so I didn't expect them to be as fast as the WTC or anything. I will say the room we stayed in is starting to show some minor wear. The bathroom tiles were missing grout in some areas, and as other reviewers mention, the lighting was a challenge even though our bathroom had a window. The wood on the bathroom vanity has endured some water damage, and the caulking had a bit of mold...nothing that a little elbow grease could not have fixed. The room itself was good (room 86). The bed was a little "saggy" for my taste, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. As warned by other guest reviews, we didn't touch the minibar due to it being "tripped". A full length mirror in the bathroom and room would be helpful both functionally and aesthetically. Graciously, the hotel sent us a bottle of Champagne to celebrate and allowed us a bit of an early and late check out as a courtesy. All in all, they were very good to us.

The only reason the review lost a star was due to housekeeping. I was a bit disturbed to find that on our first day of check-in, they left one used lotion bottle from the previous guest(s). That kept running through my mind because that was something that I could see, but what else was missed that I couldn’t see? Were the sheets/pillows washed etc.? That is a no-no in my book! Also, the next day while we were out, housekeeping came in to clean as normal and the same hair that was on the countertop and sink was also there when we returned. I was not happy about that either. I'm sure the housekeeping staff is in need of a refresher meeting.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and would recommend it if others wanted to stay in a discrete location geared towards adults near the buzz of the city. The location was awesome...only a block from all the action. Close to the 42nd street subway entrance that you will quickly become familiar with if you decide to ride the subway. Patrick gave us a quick Subway 101 crash-course, and we were subway pros by day 4. Patrick also recommended a place called Junior’s down the street for breakfast and it was excellent. He was very nice, although I'm sure us "pesky" tourists ask him the same questions over and over, he obliged us like we were old annoying friends of his :-).

Room Tip: Away from the elevators if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seashellstew

Dear Seashellstew, thank you for such a detailed review. The housekeeping issues were already addressed with our Housekeeping staff, but I assure you that rooms get cleaned and all sheets and towels get changed. I am glad you like our convenient location and our staff. All your suggestions and comments are important to us and we take them into consideration. We hope you can stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

-for couples only!
-take stairs and check out cute photos on every floor
-great restaurant (dinner only! on weekends)
-have to ask for coffee maker; not in the room by default
-umbrella/hair dryer to use, so do not drag yours
-if you are a Wyndham member (free to join)-you get free wifi
-NO breakfast, so plan to order from nearby cafes or bring your own
-bring chocolates to treat your special one
-free HBO (and other channels) on demand
-very helpful staff, just ask

Room Tip: i think all rooms are tiny, and yes it does get noisy in NY at night (pun intended ;-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KatushaNY

Dear KatushaNY, thank you for staying with us at NIGHT and also for posting a review about your stay. We are delighted to know your stay was very good and hope to welcome you back in the future. Please email me directly for any future bookings.