“Enjoyable stay”

Night Theater District
Ranked #249 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a nice Boutique hotel close to time square. Décor inside is hip. Plenty restaurants and bars close by. Alex Guarnaschelli's Butter restaurant is close by, fantastic food. Cranberry deli across the street is well stocked. Hotel is clean, room was clean, bathroom was clean also. Stayed four days. Close to subway, rock center and grand central. Simon at the front door is very helpful and always happy.. Also if you drive there it is easy to park out front, unload and valet park.

Room Tip: Get a king room the are a little bigger than the standard size. They are located on the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bryan E
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Bryan E , Thank you for posting a review about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you back, please contact us directly for any future reservations.

There are newer reviews for Night Theater District

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my first trip to NYC in September. I chose this hotel based on price, location and the photos I saw online. And I wasn't disappointed. The lobby of the hotel was dark and mysterious atmosphere with a nice scent. It always smelt good in there! I stayed with a girlfriend and the location was great for walking, shopping, eating and hitting Broadway shows. We were greeted by a lovely bottle of wine as a gift. Room was clean and comfortable and a reasonable size. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JennLAnd

Dear JennLAnd, Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you stay with us again in the future. You may email me directly for any future bookings.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is perfect for exploring New York and was at a really good price. Although the rooms are on the small side (especially wardrobe space) nicely decorated. We also had a high floor off road so the room was really quiet that was a bonus.

We did have an issue with lighting in the bathroom that couldn’t be fixed during the day but the management offered a room swap (declined as not major) and supplied a free bottle of champagne to make up for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NH001

Dear NH001, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you were overall satisfied during your stay with us despite the issue with the light. We hope you will be visiting us again in the future. You may email me directly for any future bookings.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely little boutique hotel right in the heart of it all !!! We were in new york for a few days and stayed here for 2 nights, very dark inside but lovely, busy decor in room and very small but its boutique right ! .. apart from my view of a brick wall it was awesome and perfect as a base to just get your head down at the end of the day, no one goes to nyc to sit in a hotel room ! .. would come again :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear foody-rach , thank you for posting a review about your stay. We are thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations.
We hope you stay with us again in the future. Please email me directly for any future bookings.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Best thing about Night Hotel, which I booked May 20-21, is the location—close enough to Times Square and its many attractions, but not too close so you don't feel overwhelmed when you walk out the door. Another plus is the service: very friendly, attentive staff, one of whom provided me with a code/password for free lobby WiFi, which also worked in my room (otherwise, I would have had to pay for it).

Also on the plus side: very clean room, and quiet—though I've read complaints about noise from the nightclub downstairs, I had no trouble sleeping in my room on the seventh floor (comfy bed, too). Air-conditioning was a bit loud, so I just adjusted the thermostat accordingly to keep it from going on and off all night.

Minuses: Tiny room; I've stayed in many New York hotels, and this might have been the smallest room I've ever slept in. I was a solo visitor so it was bearable, but I can't imagine how two people could manage. Also, there is only one elevator, and it's very slow.

Finally, the sexed-up, goth-like decor must have been someone's idea of hip and chic several years ago, but it's now just, well...tacky. The furniture in my room seemed a bit tired around the edges, and carpeting was threadbare in some spots. The bathroom—very clean—was in better condition than the room itself.

Didn't try the bar/restaurant, though the sushi menu looked pretty good (and reasonably priced).

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper floor (fifth or above).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear ahtsguy , Thank you for your review and for your positive comment on our friendly staff and cleanliness of the rooms. We hope you give us a second chance in the future. You may email directly for any future bookings.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Rated as the "sexiest hotel in America"....must be because you will have no choice but to snuggle. The rooms are so small you have to go outside to change your mind! The upside, and the reason to stay there, is the location. Right in Times Square, it makes it easy to catch a show, get dinner at a nice restaurant (don't eat too much or you won't fit back in the room), and walk back to your room. The black décor certainly didn't enhance the claustrophobic room. If you're looking for a funky, convenient place, this is it. If you're looking for elegance, keep looking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear tomlicc , Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. If you would like to give us another chance please contact me directly at adisla@nighthoteny.com and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Not a very good choice..the rooms are extra small.. Congested bathroom.. Very small passages..
No free wifi in the room.. Poor wifi in the lobby..
Receptionists not very helpful

The pros.. The concierge.. Very helpful and the location is the only reason to live here.. 2 blocks from Times Square!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple