“opportunist residence employee(marry)”

Night Theater District
Ranked #250 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had abooking for a non refundable room ,and for an urgent situation I sent a request for cancellation 5weeks earlier,although the hotel policy states payment at property or 24 hours before arrival and according to website I booked from ,they were very flexible to cancel but the manager was not helpful at all, I suprised that before replying my email they hurried up to detect total amount ignoring my email and my situation the manager marry tried to make my situation more complicated and forced me to accept what happened, but I think this is not profissional from her, even I lost my money but still im happy not to start a holiday from such a place????!!!!!
not adviced to deal with such hotels at allllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,205)

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Great little hotel in a great location close to Times Square. Rooms are fairly small, but the decor is very chick, and makes the hotel look very cool on the inside.
Doors and walls are a bit thin, can hear sound from the hallway, but in 2 stays at the hotel did not hear anything in other rooms.
Would stay there again if the price is right!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon R
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Shim9764 , thank you for posting a review about your stay. I am glad you were overall satisfied during your stay with us. Looking forward to welcome you back in the future. I would be glad to assist you with your next booking, therefore please email me directly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I am traveling for business , so guess I am not the target audience. The location is great, but the rooms are tiny and dark! I stayed in a lot of downtowns in Europe that have high population densities. But this is the smallest room I have ever seen. It would be fine if I was looking for place to stay after a wild night. But family and business travers should stay far away! Does not even have a coffee maker and you can't use the fridge unless you want to pay a 30$ fee. Well it did encourage me to see more since u could not bear the room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank George S

Dear George S ,We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. We have coffee makers available upon request. Please contact us directly if you wish to make a reservation. We hope you give us a second chance in the future and we will ensure that you have a memorable stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you love chic, this is it.
If you need a quick over the top fix, this is it.
If you want a great location, you're in.
If you want a room for more than you and your suitcase, this isn't it.

I'd go back because it's just so cool, but only by myself.

Room Tip: I gave the room a poor rating only because of size.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbwavanti

Dear Sunnyside444 , Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you stay with us again in the future.
Please email me directly for any future bookings.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The room was set up perfectly for a city that never sleeps! The only complaint that anyone would ever have is that the rooms are tiny, but it's New York City, c'mon people... You can't beat the location and service! This hotel is just what you need while visiting NYC!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Courtney C

Dear Courtney C , Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you stay with us again in the future. Please email me directly for any future bookings.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Smallest room ever. If you are large or have a fear of small spaces STAY AWAY!!!!!
Not even enough room to monouver around bed. Stubbed toe in bathroom. Dark dark dark. I have stayed in all the funky hotels, like the W and dream but this was like a coffin. I should have listened the reviews.
Because room was so small the air was constantly blowing in my face and was like a helicopter in my room soon loud. Nope never again.
Was funky though.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear spagirl42 , Thank you for your feedback. We hope you give us a second chance in the future. You may contact us directly for any future bookings and we will ensure you enjoy your stay with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

- location is the key for that hotel
- The restaurant serves late and food is really good and not that expensive which is great after a long day walking. Cocktails are really good too.

Room is quite dark, but it is the "deco style" wanted by the hotel.

Paying for wifi is a real shame I think, not to mention the use of the mini as a fridge for another 30 dollars.

But all that with have been bearable, if PATRICK at reception was not so disrespectful, super aggressive, condescending, and not helpful at all. If Patrick is not happy to please customers he should not be put at reception. I read other opinions and all say such thing. Seriously he kind made me angry by arguing with me for no reasons. He does not want to inform people about how to do things in town. Honestly move him at the back, greeting people is not he best quality!!!

After 7 days at the night had enough and spent my last two days somewhere else. Will be back in September and will avoid this place as hate paying to be insulted!!

Simon, the doorman is super nice, the lady at the bar as well, the maids you meet in the lift always greeting you and smiling the others at reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Chacha760202 , Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Night NY. We are glad you enjoyed the restaurant. We truly regret that your expectations were not met. Your negative experience with that particular staff member has been addressed and I guarantee you will have a much more pleasant experience should you choose to stay with us again. Please feel free to contact me personally for future bookings.

Warm regards,