“Stylish hotel, HORRIBLE SERVICE”

Night Theater District
Ranked #246 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brooklyn, New York
“Stylish hotel, HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I usually don't write reviews because I'm much too lazy to do so, but I felt it was very much necessary after my stay here. Me and my boyfriend stayed here (We live in NY) for my birthday weekend because the theme intrigued us and location was convenient.The room was nice, dim lighting, flat screen TV, very comfortable bed. However, the staff is COMPLETELY standoffish and uninterested when it comes to serving customers. Housekeeping didn't come by because we wanted to sleep in late, and I totally understand that they don't come by the rooms after a certain time. My boyfriend called down to ask for a change of towels and they said it wouldn't be a problem and someone should be right up. They NEVER came by to change the towels or take out the garbage. We literally asked about four times and the man at the reception desk was very indifferent and unapologetic, he simply asked a guy next to him to do it and the guy replied "Really? Do you see the time?" (It was 9pm). Then he hurried away and said he'd do it, but when we came back to the room the garbage was still there and the towels were still there. WE HAD TO TAKE OUT OUR OWN GARBAGE. Also, there was a huge waterbug on their carpet outside that my bf killed, and nobody bothered to clean that up either. That's GROSS.
Lastly, they have a scale in the refridgerator in the room so basically if you move anything or put anything in there, they try to charge you as if you drank one of the overpriced beverages in there. Their cleanliness matches their horrible customer service, AVOID AT ALL COST.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ana D, General Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience was not a good one, we fell short of that mark. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to stay with us again. Please contact me directly at mosullivan@nighthotelny.com so that I can facilitate your reservation and ensure that you have a more memorable stay that the last.
Mary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Loved it. The room is painfully small, but typical of Manhattan hotels. Friendly staff and very clean throughout the hotel. The location is a great for first time visitors, as it is right in Times Square.

• Stayed July 2014
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear pookie1883 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback in regards to the service provided by our staff and cleanliness of the room. If you decide to return you may contact us directly for future bookings.

Warm regards,

Ana Disla
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The pros: stylish & hip feeling, clean, and good location close to the theater district and Times Square.

The cons: Our room could not have been smaller, and the bed was super small (what else should I expect book a great deal on Orbitz!). Also, the AC had a rattle that meant we had to turn it off to sleep, which meant it was warm and night. Warm room and small bed made for poor sleep both nights. The dark, gothic interior with pictures of naked, tattooed people might not work for all.

I would try it again but hopefully book a bigger room with a bigger bed.

Room Tip: Get one with a big bed!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear svtex,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are deeply sorry to hear about the inconvenience you encountered with the AC unit. It is only through notifications such as yours that we can take proper procedures towards a perfect stay! If you do decide to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly so we may can tailor accommodations to your personal preference. My email is lbanner@nighthotelny.com

Best Regards,

Lauren
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staff were very helpful and let us keep our bags in the store before and after check in and out. Perfect for couples and the location was second to none, right off time sq!

Bed was incredibly comfy and the decor was amazing,

Definitely recommend for a cheeky night away!

Room Tip: Ask for a view if your going to be staying in the room a long time.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lesley C,

First and foremost, we want to say thank you for choosing Night Hotel for your recent stay in New York City! We are glad our complementary bag storage service was of use to you! And I am more than happy to pass along your kind words to our staff members. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will turn to Night Hotel for your future lodging needs.

Regards,

Lauren
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here recently and had an average experience. Check in staff were nice but the room was just ok for the price paid. The bed was incredibly small for two people and even though they gave us free wifi (which we appreciated) we did have to go to the desk each day for a new password and explain we were given free wifi, and in the end some days still ended up on our bill. You can't use the fridge to store your own drinks. We complained about the bed size and were told the manager would call, but never did. NY is expensive for accommodation but there are better options than here for the same price

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Imasugarjunkie
Ana D, Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Imasugarjunkie,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Night hotel. We would like to apologize for the less than favorable experience with us. We pride ourselves in providing nothing but the best experience and we are disappointed that we did not live up to those expectations. . I have addressed the issues with the relevant department heads and looked into our procedures and made some changes accordingly to ensure that these experiences are prevented in the future.
I truly hope that this does not deter you from returning. Please contact me directly on your next trip and I will ensure that that you have comfortable accommodations. Please contact me at mosullivan@nighthotelny.com
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good swanky looking hotel in an excellent location. The only letdown was that the foyer of the hotel looks really good but the rooms look quite dated. The bathroom was clean but the shelf above the sink was falling off so I didn't put anything on it. The air-conditioning was a little noisy and the room window faced another wall so don't expect a good view. The concierge was helpful but talked a lot (as if he was fishing for a tip, a little OTT). There was free WiFi in the lobby but not in the rooms which was a little frustrating, but it was an excellent location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ana D, Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Mrs MIke,
Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay at Night hotel. We appreciate all feed back from positive to negative from our guests as we strive to provide the best value for our guests. Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.
I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you at Night hotel.Please reach out to me personally at mosullivan@nighthotelny.com and i will ensure that your next experience is far different from your last.
Warmest Regards
Mary
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great Location close to the action of Times Square. Rooms are small but in the heart of New York City and for the Price, hardly worthy of a complaint. No Free Wifi is the downer, all other Hotels stayed during our American Honeymoon were Free. Have to mention the cleaners as the Ladies were so Nice and Welcoming, more so then one of the Concierge I encountered.
The BEDS were SOOOOO Comfortable and after nearly 25 hours in transit from Oz to LA to NYC this was a DREAM. Honestly a clean Hotel with Friendly Staff and a COMFORTABLE BED are Top Of The List for my Husband and I. Would definetely stay here again. Such a Sexy Hotel for the First Stop on Our Honeymoon as well.

PS. You are in New York - Dont forget to see a Yankees Game, visit Niagra Falls and most of all TAKE THE SUBWAY - Its a whole other world in itself. The buskers are awesome and was one of many of our New York Highlights. New York City is everything you dreamed of and then some. Enjoy

Room Tip: Request a Room as far away from the Lift like we had. I feel any closer to the Lift and the Room Wal...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Bianca D, Thank you for posting a review about your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our staff. We hope you will be visiting us again in the future. You may email me directly for any future bookings.

Warm regards,