“Weekend in NYC”

Ranked #246 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Delanco, New Jersey
“Weekend in NYC”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My boyfriend surprised me with a little getaway to NYC Saturday-Sunday in August. He booked everything so I had no clue what I was walking into, but I was very pleased! Night hotel was very clean and well kept. The staff was so super nice!! (including the wonderful bartenders) We had a queen bed room which was a bit small but for one night and only 2 people is was definitely manageable. The location is great! Walk to the corner and you're right in Times Square..2 blocks from Toys R Us, Sephora, Express, McDonald's and my favorite restaurant Tony DiNapoli's! There are also bars and restaurants right on the street of the hotel! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Lisaann21,

Thank you for your review! It was more than our pleasure to provide your lodging needs during your stay in NYC. We are glad you found our centralized location convenient for shopping and night life excursions. Our staff takes great pride in providing great customer service and we are pleased to have met to your standards from your room accommodations to the restaurant and bar. We'd be thrilled to have the chance to host you again. Feel free to email me directly at lbanner@nighthotelny.com for any future reservations.

Warm Regards,

Lauren B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The location and interiors are wonderful but you have to pay extra for the wifi and there is no breakfast served in the hotel. For the same price range one can stay in more established hotel chains (in same area) that offer breakfast, wifi, and bigger rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Alessandra C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to making subsequent stays better than the last. We're sorry we weren't able to cater to some of your more specific lodging needs. If paying for the wifi hadn't been in your interest, complementary wifi was available in the lobby. The in-house restaurant unfortunately does not serve breakfast, but the location of the hotel makes finding a restaurant that serve breakfast fast and easy!

Again, we want to thank you for your feedback and hope we can have the pleasure to host you again.

Best Wishes,

Lauren B
Sheffield
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff are some of the friendliest, helpful, fun, attentive and real people I have ever come across when travelling. Nothing was too much hastle for them. Robert, Patrick, Lina (from the bar), and Jesus to name just a few. They printed maps, gave me directions, recommended places to eat and things to do. The room I stayed in was a king, and was plenty big enough for two people. Everything was very clean, the maios were very patient with me considering I didnt leave the room until around 12pm each day. They actually said "no need to put the sign on we wont disturrb you until we know you've left, just let the front desk know. The restaurante and bar is great and is busy and vibrante most nights and lunchtimes. There are loas of bars, restaurants, and theatres near by. Times square is at the end of your road!! I would recommend this placê without hesitation and I've stayed in some pretty cool places. I can't guarantee the dizes of the other rooms but the king is absolutely perfect. Oh, and they do a turn down of the room at 4pm leaving you with a chocolate and news and weather information for the next day. Awesome stay, thanks very much!!

Room Tip: Go for a King
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Ana D, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Highdaler,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay. I am thrilled to know that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your comment on the level of service provided by our hotel staff and cleanliness. We would love to have you back, please contact us directly for any future reservations.

adisla@nighthotelny.com
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I thought this was a nice hotel to stay. Friendly staff, attentive doorman/bellman to greet you. The rooms weren't spacious but there was a nice sized closet and bathroom. It was clean and comfortable. I would stay again as it is also situated in a great spot in town, especially if theater is on your list of things to do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark R
Dear Bartek L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It's great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided by our staff. I hope you stay with us again in the future. You may contact us directly for future bookings, we would love to have you back.

Warsaw, Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We had a nice stay in this hotel. From the very begining at front desk the staff was great. Especially Robert who got us checked in really early cause we were exhausted after long flight to NYC. Thank u Robert!!! The hotel itself has a great location. Rooms are good, clean. Maybe a little bit small. But on the other hand how much time u spend in the hotel room.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Bartek L,

Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our staff. We hope you will be visiting us again in the future. You may contact us directly for any future bookings.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I usually don't write reviews because I'm much too lazy to do so, but I felt it was very much necessary after my stay here. Me and my boyfriend stayed here (We live in NY) for my birthday weekend because the theme intrigued us and location was convenient.The room was nice, dim lighting, flat screen TV, very comfortable bed. However, the staff is COMPLETELY standoffish and uninterested when it comes to serving customers. Housekeeping didn't come by because we wanted to sleep in late, and I totally understand that they don't come by the rooms after a certain time. My boyfriend called down to ask for a change of towels and they said it wouldn't be a problem and someone should be right up. They NEVER came by to change the towels or take out the garbage. We literally asked about four times and the man at the reception desk was very indifferent and unapologetic, he simply asked a guy next to him to do it and the guy replied "Really? Do you see the time?" (It was 9pm). Then he hurried away and said he'd do it, but when we came back to the room the garbage was still there and the towels were still there. WE HAD TO TAKE OUT OUR OWN GARBAGE. Also, there was a huge waterbug on their carpet outside that my bf killed, and nobody bothered to clean that up either. That's GROSS.
Lastly, they have a scale in the refridgerator in the room so basically if you move anything or put anything in there, they try to charge you as if you drank one of the overpriced beverages in there. Their cleanliness matches their horrible customer service, AVOID AT ALL COST.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ana D, General Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Melissa,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience was not a good one, we fell short of that mark. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to stay with us again. Please contact me directly at mosullivan@nighthotelny.com so that I can facilitate your reservation and ensure that you have a more memorable stay that the last.
Mary
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Loved it. The room is painfully small, but typical of Manhattan hotels. Friendly staff and very clean throughout the hotel. The location is a great for first time visitors, as it is right in Times Square.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear pookie1883 ,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback in regards to the service provided by our staff and cleanliness of the room. If you decide to return you may contact us directly for future bookings.