“Sincerely a Great Experience”
Review of K Rico

K Rico
Reserve with OpenTable
K Rico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 16,105 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Argentinian, Chilean, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Hell's Kitchen
Description: The restaurant is owned by brothers John and Tommy Greco along with their longtime friend Christian Tanno. The Greco name should ring a bell: Chef/Restaurateur John oversees the beloved Village eatery Philip Marie (open 18 years) that serves up delicious American cuisine extolling a "farm to table" sensibility. Tommy, making his debut as a restaurateur, is behind the popular lounge The Ritz, voted one of the best bars/lounges in NYC by the Village Voice and Get Out Magazine. John, painstakingly fastidious about his kitchen, prepped extensively for the opening of this novel restaurant. He traveled throughout South America for several months, diligently researching local cuisine, produce, meats, restaurants, groceries, outdoor markets as well as interviewing residents, coming away with a wealth of invaluable knowledge that he has applied to K Rico's menu. The elegantly appointed restaurant boasts a dining room, outdoor patio garden and sidewalk seating in the springtime. A feature of the kitchen is the authentic "plancha" grill that will cook the wealth of fine steaks offered.
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Our last night in New York and we had 8pm reservations at K Rico. After settling at our table the service started....and it turned out to be some of the best I've ever had. The waiter worked HARD and even the owner introduced himself....then came back to check on us! Really friendly people there and I would go back in a minute. The octopus (first time for me) was amazing. Ribeye steak was HUGE and delicious.

1  Thank Dale G

Dear Dale G

Thank you so much for making us one of your choices to dine with. In this city with a thousand choices to eat at, this in itself is a compliment!. And it makes us especially proud to know that we exceeded your expectations! Please come to visit us again the next time you are in Hell's Kitchen!

Allthe the best from all of us here at K Rico,

Carl Morales

Write a ReviewReviews (2,592)

Reviewed 15 October 2018

I made a reservation at this restaurant on the edge of the Theater District because it stays open after theatre performances are concluded - a “plus” in my book. There are many steakhouse offerings in this area, none better than K Rico; here’s why:
*The first impression was very positive - contemporary decor accented by appropriate lighting and artwork.
*Appetizer - tried the empanadas and the arepas. Empanadas are made with premium steak. Arepas (corn cakes) have a sweetness that is arresting in a good way.
*Salad - K Rico Chopped Salad is a melange of healthy flavors.
*Main Course - Bourbon-aged NY strip steak offers a unique and subtle taste, accompanied by a snifter of bourbon that is sipped with bites of the steak.
*Side Dish - Cauliflower purée au gratin; if kids were introduced to cauliflower this way, there would be a lot more cauliflower eaten in this country.
All this food is reasonably priced!
Service was excellent; not stuffy or rushed.

2  Thank kenbNB

Dear kenbNB

Thank you so much for making us one of your choices to dine with. In this city with a thousand choices to eat at, that in itself is a compliment!. And it makes us especially proud to know that we exceeded your expectations!. Please come to visit us again the next time you are in Hell's Kitchen!

All the best from All of us here at K Rico!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I chose to visit K Rico after a day of deliberating where to go on the last night of our New York trip. After going down the list on Tripadviser we found K Rico and decided to go there as it was something different and it was only 10 streets away from our hotel.

We were instantly shown to our reserved seats and our server, Javier, was straight away making us feel at home. He was polite, kind, knowledgeable and obviously passionate about making his guests feel at home.

The food was absolutely incredible; I had the special which were a bourbon sauce covered off-the-bone ribs in a cauliflower mash and my god it was incredible. The flavour was just insane and the portion was ideal - not too big but certainly not tiny. I also tried some of the sides - the fries are incredible and the broccoli and cauliflower in garlic aoli was to die for.

K Rico isn't the cheapest of restaurants - for two mains, two sides, a cocktail, two diet cokes and a bottle of still water our bill came to $135.01 as well as a $35 tip on our end due to the impeccable service - however due to the food itself it was great value for money.

I would highly recommend K Rico and the next time I am in NYC I will definitely be returning.

2  Thank T8286BWdavek

Dear Dave K,

Thank you so much for making us one of your choices to dine with, in a city with a thousand choices. That itself is a compliment!. And it makes us especially proud to know that we exceeded your expectations!. Please come to visit us again the next time you are in Hell's Kitchen!

All the best from All of us here at K Rico!

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

If I could have given this place 10 stars I would, hands down the best Steak House I have ever eaten in. Adam our server/host 100% couldn't have met a nicer guy from front door to back of house the nicest genuinely friendly people, thanks for the great night.

2  Thank brianbR1982ZH
K Rico I, Manager at K Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear brianbR1982ZH,

First congratulations! Secondly. Thank you so much for those kind words! I will personally thank Adam myself. I love him too! It's really amazing to know we have exceeded your expectations! Please come to visit us again the next time your in Hell's kitchen!

The absolute very best from ALL us of here at K Rico

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Had the beautiful New York strip- probably one of the best I ve had. The service is do good, you feel like royalty

1  Thank ghpeiser
K Rico I, Manager at K Rico, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear ghpeiser,

Thank you so much for making your choice to dine with! we are so happy to have exceeded your expectations! treating people like royalty is what we're about! Please come to visit us again the next time you are Hell's kitchen

All the best from all of us here at K Rico