“Great Food”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: West Village
Description: Authentic Tapas Greenwich Village's bustling West Fourth Street is home to our authentic tapas bar, Las Ramblas, named after the famous pedestrian street in Barcelona, Spain. Located at 170 Fourth Street between Jones and Comelia Streets, near Sixth Avenue in Manhattan. Compact and inviting with carefully restored brick walls, burnished modern copper-topped bar, and wall-mounted indoor waterfall running over recessed slate, Las Ramblas is a haven for tapas aficionados. When weather permits, the restaurant's bank of front windows will slide open to the street for outdoor dining. New CDs from Spain set a festive musical tone at Las Ramblas and includes groups Dusminguet, Amparanoia, Ojos de Brujo and Estopa.
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times and have always enjoyed the food and service. The tapas are very tasty and just the right size to share. They also have great sangria as well. The resturant is small and cozy.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

We loved this place! On Saturday night we went to the village for some fun and a comedy show and decided on Las Ramblas for dinner. A true tapas place this great restaurant brought me back to my youth and my time living in Spain. The place was packed and we were able to secure a great high top table along the back wall away from the hustle and bustle of people coming and going. The boys had beer while the girls had both red and white sangria which they said was very, very good. Having felt at home, I ordered all sorts of tapas and only stopped because we were running short on time and were stuffed to the gills. The octopus and the baby calamari were prepared perfectly and our friends not being accustomed to eating as we like were more than willing to sample a little of everything. The tortilla espaniola was really great and I think it was the best I've had this side of the atlantic. I think we would all agree though that the favorite of the evening was the duck sausage and quail egg skewers. Wow were they delicious! All in all, we had at least 7-8 tapas and there wasn't a loser in the bunch. Come here and if you have an adventuresome palette, I promise you'll love it.

1  Thank Royman32
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was our second visit to this small place with a touristy name. There is nothing touristy about the place and the food though. Traditonal and modern takes on tapas with decent prices - just as great as three years ago!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This place is super tiny but the food rocks! Be prepared to have to wait about 30 minutes or so if you go during normal dinner time. They were really great about calling us when a table was ready. The wait and tight seating is why I'm giving this place 4* but the food is certainly 5. We have the pomegranate & strawberry sangrias (both were delicious but if you're picking 1 go with the pomegranate). For the food we had the queso plate (good but not a must have), meatballs (don't miss those), mussels (delicious), sea scallops, and tuna with rosemary (my fav). The prices are reasonable as well. I wouldn't say this is a great date spot but a good girls night out would fit well here. The seating was a little tight for what I'd prefer on a date.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Came here spontaneously since no reservations taken; lucked out and got a nice cozy table in 5 minutes on a Friday night. The sparkling strawberry sangria was a thirst quencher! We ordered the spicy potatoes, octopus salad, meatballs and broiled shrimp; that's a lot of food and the portions were quite generous. Will definitely come back to try other menu items.

1  Thank GeeTee54321