“Local, small tapas restaurant with lots of charm”
Review of Las Ramblas

Las Ramblas
Ranked #2,571 of 13,937 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: West Village
Description: Authentic Tapas Greenwich Village's bustling West Fourth Street is home to our authentic tapas bar, Las Ramblas, named after the famous pedestrian street in Barcelona, Spain. Located at 170 Fourth Street between Jones and Comelia Streets, near Sixth Avenue in Manhattan. Compact and inviting with carefully restored brick walls, burnished modern copper-topped bar, and wall-mounted indoor waterfall running over recessed slate, Las Ramblas is a haven for tapas aficionados. When weather permits, the restaurant's bank of front windows will slide open to the street for outdoor dining. New CDs from Spain set a festive musical tone at Las Ramblas and includes groups Dusminguet, Amparanoia, Ojos de Brujo and Estopa.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great value and service, delicious & fresh tapas. Very traditional with some great specials every night. I would recommend the sangria to split as well as the croquettes.

There are newer reviews for Las Ramblas

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I live on the east side so I figured walking on a Friday night to the wwest side might be nice for my two gfs and I. I looked up tapas and found this place..came about 7pm to find it was quite small and one table left thank god we were able to squeeze in to get a table w.o a reservation. We ordered the berry sangria pitcher for the three of us and the stuffed peppers which was amazing..the meatballs were pretty good nothing to rave about and the potato and ham croquettes which were a lil small even for tapas but were pleasently tasty. We ordered another pitcher and just sat an chatted for a total of hour and a half. Gets a lil tight in there and we wanted to get to next place..service was very good but too many people comin over to ask if u need anything when u already asked the other waitress I wish i
They stick to one or two waiters per table..because when we got our bill it was def wrong came to 40 more then we ordered and different waiter the others brought it over ..that's my only complaint but I would recommend going there early cause it looks like it was busy after 8pm.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Yes, restaurant is tiny, but not a problem- all high top tables and stools. We had no wait . Ordered assortment of 6 tapas: all winners, except for meatballs which were under seasoned and ordinary. Ordered Tempranillo wine - very good. Prices are reasonable. Service, while pleasant, was uneven - dishes were brought out slowly, one at a time. We can away full and happy despite freezing temps outside.

1  Thank germie57
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were planning on eating here, I had never been. We were greeted at the door by a very rude host who told my friend she was in the way. He refused to help us or take our information until our whole party got there, which is fine and understandable, so we waited. In the meantime, I went to use their bathroom. There was no light (I asked the rude host and he confirmed this). And NO RUNNING WATER IN THE SINK! There was a sign asking you to use hand sanitizer instead. This is absolutely unacceptable. Do the staff use hand sanitizer after they go to the bathroom and then touch the food? We were very turned off and were not willing to wait an hour, so we left. This place is too small, everyone is sitting on top of each other. Don't waste your time, go somewhere else for tapas.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We tried this tapas restaurant based on recommendations from others and weren't disappointed. The joint was packed, but luckily the servers found room for the three of us at a window table without much of a wait. We ordered several different plates and enjoyed them all very much, but especially the stuffed peppers! Loved the flavor! We'd go back in a heartbeat.