“One of my favorite places for wine and snacks!”
Review of Grape and Grain

Grape and Grain
Ranked #9,356 of 14,379 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I love this adorable little wine bar! I meet friends here at least once a month and send people here when they are in from out of town (or friends who live in NYC but have not gone yet). The bartenders are always helpful and very friendly. The cheese selection is always changing and the is interesting. The wine list has something for everyone! I usually have difficulty choosing...so I recommend having two glasses. ;-)

It has comfortable tables for groups or you can just saddle up to the bar and enjoy a conversation with the bartender. Also, next door (Grain side) has an amazing beer selection which my husband enjoys. Also, it is off the beaten path a bit by East Village standards so it has a chill atmosphere with great music.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Good food, good (but limited) choice of wines, casual and welcoming atmosphere. Four of us shared five of the delicious "small plates" and didn't feel the need to go back for more. Would definitely go here whenever I am in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We happened by this place and had a great time! Nice couch in the back. Three of is split arugula, olives, cevice and two other apps plus a bottle of wine. The menu said cash and amex only but then it turned out that was the bar next door. All in all we had a great time, but everything was overpriced.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stopped by as it looked friendly. The service was perfect. Great place for chill out with a glass of wine as you feel confortable. The food is good and good value for money.

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

I had the French toast stuffed with strawberry cream cheese for brunch. It was delicious. Crispy, not soggy. Fantastic fresh berries! And of course a mimosa to go with it which was well blended.

It had a hip feel with fresh flowers on wah table in jars and each china is different. Being from the south it made me feel like I was eating in grandma's kitchen. Love it! Music is perfect.

Service staff was wonderful. Polite and attentive.

I would highly recommended it!