“Food = Good; Service = Slow”
Review of Whym - CLOSED

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 58th and 57th
Transit: The nearest subway stop is the Columbus Circle Station, one block east of our location. The A, B, C, D, and 1 Trains are available at this location.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Considering we were there at around 10am on a Monday and the restaurant was not that busy, it was surprising how long it took for our order to be delivered. We also overheard a nearby table informing our server that she had charged them for a glass of wine that she'd never delivered. The food, however, was delicious so hopefully this server either was having a bad day or she won't be around the next time anyone on Trip Advisor stops by.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Contemporary brunch spot with great food and attentive service. I had the Mediterranean frittata which was yummy! Nice restaurant with healthy options.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Liked: selection of healthier breakfast foods. They keep the less healthy bits off-menu, but they are available. Wonderful toast!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Let me start by saying that I drank my dinner here. We were a party of 4 friends from out of town and only one of us ate. She said her pasta dish was great.

The drinks were typical NYC prices but the staff was very accommodating making recommendations as well as being willing to craft a drink of my choice not on the menu but with their signature chasers.

We drank, she ate and we all talked from about 9pm - midnight even though they closed at 11pm. We were engulfed in the conversation and even though the waitress gave us our check and the rest of the restaurant cleared out, we were never rushed off or made to feel a burden.

I would def recommend this place for a small gathering.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We went to Whym on recommendations, but were disappointed. The location is a bit off the beaten path, and the decor is nice. However, the most important thing- the food - was definitely average or below. Their beet salad was good, but their risotto - we tried 2 different risotto dishes on the waitress's recommendation - was not good at all. Tasted like overcooked rice. I don't think I can recommend the restaurant when there are so many excellent restaurants in NYC. Service was very good.