“Very good food, quiet and pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Cooper's Tavern - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 35th Street
Transit: Penn Station
Description: In a warm and inviting atmosphere, Cooper’s Tavern offers a fresh, modern approach to American cuisine. Chef Julian Clauss-Ehlers brings refined comfort to the table with a menu that includes Bershire pork chops, Black Angus steaks, fish & chips, falafel-crusted salmon and a signature “Skyscraper Burger” made with the famed LaFrieda beef.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I came to this place several times for lunch. The food is very good, prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is cozy and relaxed. Service is attentive and courteous. The noise level is very low which makes this place a perfect choice if you need to have a business conversation for example. Definitely recommendable.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had drinks and food several times during our stay as we were staying at the New Yorker. Even if we had been staying elsewhere, we would still have used Coopers. Definitely the best bar on 34th

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We just came in for a quick bite and some beers. Enjoyed the atmosphere, little loud at times but I think that happens at a tavern when every one is enjoying themselves. Food was good, service was solid. I do think the wait staff was hustling but they were not super friendly. Could have been that they knew we did not order a lot so they had an idea about how they were going to get tipped?
They have a Sunday special that I am definitely coming back for. All you get eat mussels and Narragansett lager for two hours!! Enough Said

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We ate here on the last night of our holiday and after the disaster of TGI across the road the night before we needed some cheering up. And this place was just the ticket. We had a lovely server, an older Italian man, i didn't get his name but he was the sweetest and most pleasant server we had in New York. He was so helpful and efficient.

The food was great, I shared the pizza with my daughter and it was thin and delicious and my partner had pasta with seafood which he was thrilled with. The desserts were to die for.

Its quite deceptive from the front it looks small but there is quite a large seating area behind the bar and this is where we sat, you felt you were away from the hustle and bustle of New York.

Overall a very enjoyable dinner and highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Upon entering the establishment my youngest child verbalized what we all noticed immediately and that was the unusual odour that greeted us. Also, because we had made reservations online we were expecting a tavern but it was a somewhat contemporary, plain-looking restaurant. After reading the menu my husband apologized for his choice but once we received our orders were we all very pleasantly surprised. We all thought our food was quite flavourful! The unusual approach to traditional shepherd's pie was awesome...made with short ribs and gnocchi on top...brilliant! My husband loved his burger and he is a food snob. My kids were happy too. I would eat there again.