Amsterdam Court Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$127
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$155
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$136
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$155
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$137
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$188
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$147
US$232
US$171
3,382 results
All reviewsgreat locationtimes squaregershwin theatrenew yorkaround the cornerrooms are smallfree wificentral parkrockefeller centersubway stationfew blocksnycdistrictlinesstorageavenuemidtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Im from Denmark and i a wheelchair, so mu demands for a room is a bit more than usual.
But the room in Amsterdam Cours is just super, Toilet is big so I can use the toilet and shower by my self without help.
Room is as a normal hotel room, and OK. Super value for the money.
You go out of the Hotel turn right for 100 metres and then you are in the middel of Time Square. Thats NICE.
One thing this here little hotel have, and most dont is the SUPER nice, friendly and super helpsome staff.
I must say the professionalism is outstanding, the help if you need something is good and fast.
I have a puncture on my wheelchair, and within 30 min. Lize Oualle ran to the bike shop and got my wheel fixed.
We needed a bit more warm on the room, and 1 min. after we said that there was a man fixinf the problem.
THATS SERVICE.
Thanks for a great stay, and we will choose you next time too.
Big thanks for you kindness too Vana.

Best Regards Kurt and Tina
Denmark

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurt A
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We were greeted warmly upon arrival to the hotel from the door man. He was very helpful from the second we pulled up to the moment we left. Two smiling faces made us feel very welcomed as we checked in. The staff went above an beyond to help get us to the destination we wanted to see on our trip. Two young lady's that stand out as being especially helpful were Liza Ovalle an Natalie Garcia. Thanks I look forward to staying again at the Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Upon our arrival, an irate woman was at the front desk complaining about her reservation the hotel would not honor, which was booked through a third party company. This woman was with her young daughter very late at night. The front desk staff were not helpful, rude and inflexible. It was shocking that there was no manager on duty the week of new years in a times square hotel. They bullied the woman into booking a room for full price, regardless of the price she booked b/c they could not find her reservation in he system b/c she only booked it an hour ago.

Fearful this would happen to us, it certainly did and to 5 people total that night. Our experience was shady at the least and an unsuccessful scam attempt because we watched and listened to every move. Our front desk attendant, Natalie Garcia, was the epitome of poor customer service at the mercy of her management to scam customers into paying full price for a room.

We booked through booking.com. Natalie said they couldn't find the reservation in the system. About 30 minutes later, it appeared but the dates they had were incorrect ( one night off). I confirmed the correct dates shown in my Droid email confirmation. That should have stopped right here and we should have checked into our room. Then we had to wait while they called booking.com to discuss. Booking.com wanted to fax a correction but THE FAX WAS BROKEN! Booking.com then offered to email the new reservation to the hotel email. Natalie then provided her personal gmail account to receive the email. When questioned she didn't see anything wrong with this. she was aslo going to take another customers information home to fax to England bc the fax was broken! Are you kidding me! Natalie never did check her personal email and I started to smell identity theft. Natalie then offered us a "quoted" room for the original discounted price per her managers approval who was now taking calls at home. However we still had to deal with booking.com to cancel our original reservation. We declined thus quote and called booking.com and they told us the front desk needed to give an ok to cancel the reservation! We then dis ANOTHER go around of them now not being able to find us in the system when we were just up on the screen and they could not reference anything to give the ok to he woman on the phone. After pushing the new staff attendant, Chris, he miraculously found us in the system to cancel the reservation.

What a nightmare! It's was like they were trained to use 3rd party reservations to scam for a full price hotel, not to mention Natalie who was sending info to her personal email....identity theft?

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We got to our room and realized that there were a few issues, but at the time they were bearable. The morning after our arrival I went to open the window to let the steam out (from all of us using the showers) and realized the window was NOT locked. In fact, there was NO way to lock it at all! The latch to lock the window was not functional because the air conditioner unit was sitting in the window, so the window could be opened freely from inside or outside. Once I opened the window, I could see it opened up into type of storage room. This room held extra materials such as carpet and tiles. It also had a steel door which appeared to exit into another part of the hotel. The hotel's solution was to give us all a free breakfast. We declined their breakfast and when we returned back from breakfast, we went to our room to make sure we hadn't forgotten anything and we looked one more time at the window. Apparently someone went into our room to not move our belongings to the new room, but to drive a screw into the window pane just above the window. This solution would prevent the window from being opened at all, so now not only does it not open, but if there was an emergency we wouldn't be able to open it to escape! Dana just made his hotel room even more dangerous!

Other additional NON 3-star rating:
the room was very small with very little room to maneuver;
the door to the bathroom would not open all the way, as it would hit the bathroom sink and stop abruptly;
a very small closet (more like a cabinet);
we could hear lobby music all night long;
only had 3 towels and took over 30 minutes to get more even though we were on the first floor;
the shower head was faulty and would spray some of the water out of the shower and onto the floor;
we ended up standing in a foot of water when showering because the tub didn't drain properly;
the only other window in the room was in the shower that was about a foot back, five feet up, and only approx. 12" by 6" wide and offered little or no external lighting.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We stayed here with a Groupon, which seemed like a good deal at the time. I will also say that I read the Trip Advisor Reviews after I bought the Groupons and hoped it wouldn't be as bad as the reviews. It was. The other negative reviews are very fair and honest. I have had good luck with Groupon so kept thinking it couldn't be THAT bad! It is a great locaton for what we were doing. But, the hotel is under construction. Covered in scaffolding, which may have been a good thing, because if we had seen it we might have moved on. Rooms were miniscule even by NYC standards. Bathroom beyond small and had rust on the towel racks, mold on the faucets and cracked sink. We had to run the moldy airconditioner to counteract the heat that wouldn't turn off. And open the window. I believe we were the only people who didn't change rooms. Every time we went thru the lobby (tiny too so you could hear everything that was going on) people were complaining about the heat, bathrooms etc and demanding new rooms. Hotel was full of Europeans, very fun and nice so we just decided to pretend we were in Europe. The real problem with the tiny rooms is that there was no place to go! the lobby was tiny and had only 2 chairs. There was no place to gather, sit and relax for a few minutes or make your plans or anything. We were a family of 5 adults on this trip and that would have been nice to have a pleasant place to group. Not a boutique hotel, Not renovated, Not luxury by any means. Prepare for it.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is one! Everyone was demanding changes, multiple times. One couple was on their third room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
VANA S, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear RABTMaine

I truly appreciate you providing us with your feedback on yoru most recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would appreciate the opportuntiy to discuss your stay in more detail. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at the Hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards