“Absolutely amazing.”

Ranked #337 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Scunthorpe, England
“Absolutely amazing.”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel is in a time square hot spot, everything is right on the door step. From the minute we arrived the staff couldnt do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble and we were always welcomed by friendly faces. The room was lovely, great size with maid service everyday, couldnt fault it. Pete the manager was brilliant, offered advice which helped immensley. Pete you and your staff run a fantastic hotel and you should be so proud, cant wait to come back next year.

• Stayed March 2014
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear lucik83,

It was "Absolutely" our pleasure to have you join us here at The Amsterdam Court Hotel. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our comfort and hospitality and that our staff made you feel so welcome. We thank you both for your heartfelt words, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Cheers,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Turkish first
Calgary
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I highly recommend this wonderful hotel. The proximity couldn't be better - in the middle of the theatre district, a couple of blocks from Times Square, a subway station on the same block, and within walking distance of many sites. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I felt like I was 'coming home' every evening, which is great after a day of site seeing. The hotel houses, Natsumi, a fantastic sushi restaurant (which gives a discount if you are staying at the hotel). It was great for a bowl of miso soup and a glass of wine before heading to the theatre. I stayed three nights and was given an upgraded room which was beautiful. The beds were super comfortable... I had the best sleep I've had in ages! The hotel was very clean and I felt very safe and welcomed there. After spending three nights at my son's I returned for the last two nights of my vacation to Amsterdam Court and was given a discount as a returning customer and another beautiful room! Anytime I go to NYC I will look forward to staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Anne H
Dear Anne H,

So glad that you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel. Our staff truly enjoys what they do and service and hospitality is first on their lists. Than you so much for acknowledging that and sharing your kind words with us. As with any fine hotel, location is key in offering the full experience the guest needs and we are so happy the Court was condusive to yours. We look forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Dundas, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We went in Feb and had a great stay. Very clean and the staff was excellent very helpful. Especially Natalie at the front Desk. She helped us out many times.
This was the 1st trip to New York for us and we had an amazing experience, was so close to everything saw 2 broadway plays, all the attractions and the cake boss ... :0) thank-you N.Y.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann B
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Ann B,

How great it is to hear that your New York vacation was one filled with such wonderful memories and good cheer. We are pleased we were able to play a part in that by offering you the kind of service and hospitality you expect when traveling out of the country. I have shared your kind words with Natalie, and along with her and the entire Amsterdam staff we wish to welcome you back again real soon.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, has everything close to you: subway station, restaurants, Times Square, theaters, car rental; all that walking. Good place to stayed if your purpose is not to stayed all day long in your hotel room. The only bad thing they don't have wifi for free.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karyna D
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Karyna D,

Thank you for choosing The Amsterdam Court. We are so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and that you found our location so condusive to your traveling needs. We were honored to have you join us and truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again real soon.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great location for visiting New York at reasonable price.
Very central which saved us a lot of time when visiting all the attractions and places of interest.
Room compact which is normal for USA city.
Robert & all staff very helpful

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear George O,

Thank you so much for your favorable feedback. We appreciate your kind words and are happy that you truly enjoyed your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again real soon.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

As part of a 'package' this hotel gave us good value especially as we did not spend an awful lot of time there. The staff were welcoming and very helpful especially Peter the manager and his assistant as well as Karina on reception. The initial room allocated to us was very small and claustrophobic but we were swiftly moved to a larger room on request. This was clean with a comfortable bed although the furniture was a little tired. Fortunately we did not need to use the air con as it was not working. Towels were changed daily and the shower was great with plenty of hot water. The best thing was the hotel's great location- a stone's throw from Times Square and a few yards from a fabulous Irish Pub which serves great food as well as Applebees which sustained us daily with great breakfasts. A fantastic holiday for my self and my wife as well as our two friends .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John B
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear John B,

Thank you so much for your most recent review of our New York establisment. We at the Amsterdam Court are always pleased to hear when our guests had an enjoyable stay and especially when they found our services most accommodating as well. It was also comforting to know that our location was so beneficial to your traveling needs and as an added bonus you got to taste and savor the local fare. We are truly humbled by your kind words and hope to have the privilege to welcome you back again real soon!

Utrecht
Reviewed 11 April 2014

the location is great ! time square , metro, broadway , hells kitchen , bank , 24 hours shop , everything is around in a snap.
They tried to charge me 50 dollar in case anything goes wrong ?

I had two rooms.. 125 and 517 .
the first one was small but good enough for me. I was out most of the day anyway.
the second one was a bit more spacious. all arranged by the blonde girl.
she knows what a customer needs and answered all my questions.

unlucky some of her colleagues don't they tried to charge me 50 dollars after 5 days by coming up to my room. knocked the door and even tried to open it ' To see if I was in'.

They didn't mention anything about deposit. Not on check in, not on any paper i signed. So I used my no credit on it debit card why they even couldn't taky any deposit from it.

I'm fine with any deposit if people mention they take money from me. but they didn't and they should not do that !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Igor W
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Igor W,

Our sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your time here at The Amsterdam Court. Like most other hotels throughout the world we do have a incidental deposit policy in place that is required upon check in and it is standard procedure by all front desk agents to convey this. I am sorry if this was not and that it caused you such dismay. I am however pleased that Karina was able to show you the hospitality we are known for and was able to fulfill all your needs. On behalf of all the staff here at The Court we are grateful for your patronage and hope to get the chance again to prove that to you.