“Awesome & OUTSTANDING ”

Amsterdam Court Hotel
Ranked #336 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Awesome & OUTSTANDING ”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Ms. Marlena, (forgive the spelling)
Totally knocked me out with her constantly outgoing, positive & smiling kind persona.
She was always 3 steps ahead of me. She offered her help so quickly & efficiently..
I'm hoping Booking.Com will always offer me the same outstanding rate that I enjoyed last June.
This will be the ONLY hotel I want to stay at in the Theater District In Nyc..
The door men also demonstrated a sincere want to help me and offer their help w a kind & sincere attitude.
Mr. Orlando was awesome too.
The only thing I wish would improve is (a hot & humid day) - the window ac was a blessing but didn't quite cover the efficiency of cooling the room. I woke up w my neck sweating.
But other than that.
I love Amsterdam Court Hotel.
I'm coming back up Sept.27-Oct.1st.
I can't wait to stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Christine S,

The entire team resounds in thanking you for joining us here at The Amsterdm Court, and for sharing your wonderful experience. It is truly heartwarming to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner, and I have also shared your kind words with both Marleny and Orlando. Thank you once again for your recognition and your gracious comments. We look forward to having you stay with us during all your future visits to The Big Apple.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 16 July 2014

i have visited this hotel in January 2014. the Hotel is right in the corner to times Square!! The location of this hotel is the best!! i cannot say it differently.

the rooms is really tiny. But who cares? who comes to NY to stay in the room? They have good restaurant close to the hotel. the staff is great and friendly, helped me with all the questions that i had! The rooms are clean and nice.
I was there in the big storm and had a great time !
They serve a very small Breakfast- Coffee and bread and some cream cheese.

This is a really nice hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Karla V
Dear Karla V,

It was a true pleasure having you here at The Amsterdam Court. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a first rate experience, and such appreciation coming from a discerning traveler such as yourself further encourages us in our quest of providing hospitality at its very best. So glad you found our location convenient as well. My team and I remain at your service at anytime and we all look forward to having you back in the near future.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a phenomenal experience visiting the Amsterdam Court Hotel in New York City. The staff, including Peter Gallo and Orlando Franco were very accommodating and friendly. We could not have had a better time..... I would highly recommend this hotel-- it is conveniently located right across from the Gershwin Theater. Parking was very easy and the staff was so nice to us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Jeni B ,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. It was our sincere pleasure to host you during your visit to New York. We are so pleased you found our accomodations and hospitality to your liking and both Orlando and myself are humbled by your kind words. We sincerly thank you and hope to welcome you back again real soon.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I had a short visit to NYC last week and found this hotel to have the most perfect location. Yes, the room is small, no view, and some areas a bit dated. Overall clean and wonderful staff. The biggest asset for this hotel is the price and location. We never took a cab or subway as our trip was short but we were able to walk to a Broadway show, central park, natural history museum, 5th Ave. Rockefeller Center and so much more. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Angela M,

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location so convenient for all your visiting needs. We thank you for choosing The Amsterdam Court and look forward to to welcoming you back again real soon.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at the Amsterdam Court Hotel and we couldn't be happier with our choice. As many have already pointed out, the location is perfect. Seriously, walk half a block and the view of Times Square is magnificent. There are three or four subway entrances just a few steps away. In fact, from the airport, we took the Airtrain to Jamaica Station, then changed trains and in less than an hour we were at the hotel (really cheap option). Lobby services was great, they were very helpful suggesting tours, booking cabs and little things like that. The room was small, the bathroom bigger than we expected, bed comfy with clean white sheets, TV was okay. If you are like us and plan to extensively explore NYC and use the hotel only at nights to sleep, then this is a perfect choice (nothing is quite luxurious, but everything is pretty, clean and above average).
Thank you Amsterdam Court Hotel for providing a more than pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CallesEscamilla
Dear CallesEscamilla,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at The Amsterdam Court Hotel. As the Hotel Manager, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to NYC.

Warm Regards,

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The location & staff are great. Natsumi is fantastic. Then you face the hotel and facilities. Shower fluctuates from very hot to icy cold with no rhyme or reason and cannot be adjusted. A/C questionable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank CAMomof6
Dear CAMomof6 ,

Thank you for your most recent review of The Amsterdam Court. We appreciate all feedback and strive to improve through constructive criticism. I have shared your concerns with our Engineeringing department and will look into this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and make things right.

Corning, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Marleny and Orlando were super nice at the reception desk. The hotel's got one of the best location I could imagine. I can suggest it to everyone who is just want to looking around the city. Some of the "must to see" places in 5-10 min walk.
The room was big enough and it was clean and it wasn't that noisy at all, that I was expected from other comments. The bathroom was nice and clean too.
The best price/value rate for the hotel especially because of the location. The price of the parking was the cheapest compare to other hotels around there.
When I'm going to visit NYC again I will choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was at 624 it was quite silent, but the view is not the best.