“Clean and Satisfying”

Ranked #338 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Perth, Australia
“Clean and Satisfying”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Me and my sister stayed at Amsterdam Court for 10 days. I was really happy with our stay. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The hotel was very clean everyday. The location was perfect for us! I would stay here again. The manager was very lovely.

Room Tip: Any room above the first floor, I would be satisfied with.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Kayla B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are all very glad that you found our property so "Clean and Satisfing", a better compliment we could not ask for. Please come visit us again real soon when your headed the New York way.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay.
Room was small, but what do you expect from hotels in New York?
Room clean and modern, rest of hotel very nice. Slept well here, I stayed in a room at the back so did not have the noise of the traffic which was good.
Staff very friendly and helpful as we asked them for help more than once.
Location amazing! few blocks from Times Square, but far away enough that you don't have the loud 'City That Never Sleeps' vibe.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank gracefran12
Dear frangrace 12,

The greatest accolade and highest compliment is without a doubt satisfied clients who come to enjoy New York and stay at The Amsterdam Court. Many many thanks, and we truly hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived and were greeted by very friendly staff. We were surprised as to the room size, it was a little small, by hey, this is New York. The manager, Peter, was on site and very approachable, and did his utmost to make our stay enjoyable. He is a wealth of Knowledge about the area and was able to point us in the right direction every time. The entire staff was very pleasant, and always made us feel welcome.
The hotel was priced right and was very clean and comfortable.
Paying for WiFi is new to me and I found it a little expensive.
The location is ideal, and right in the middle of all the things we went to New York to see.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pete C
Dear Pete C,

Thank you staying with us here at The Amsterdam Court and for providing us feedback following your stay. We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service experience possible. I’m very pleased that you loved the location of The Amsterdam Court and our friendly staff. It’s definitely one of the major features that makes our hotel so special. It brings me great pleasure to know that you were most impressed with our location, rooms, and cleanliness throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Location, Price, Comfort, Staff all top marks. This hotel is a super bargain in mid-town. I read the other TA reviews about the hotel and my experience was 100% no complaints. Peter Gallo did everything he could do to make out stay great. And it was just that...GREAT! Even after we checked out they locked our bags in their storage so we could go out and enjoy the last day in NYC without dragging suitcases around. The breakfast was well worth stopping in for and the roof top area was a real treat. If you do try this hotel and something is less than perfect Peter will do whatever he can to put it right. Highly recommended. Will be returning in September.

Room Tip: 6th and 7th floor are the most quiet. We were in 609 & 709 and the noise was minimal.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Steve L,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that our convenient Midtown Manhattan location provided the ideal home base for your recent trip to New York City. I am thrilled to hear that you found our rooms both beautifully appointed and adequately sized. Thank you for also recognizing our staff and a job well done. We are humbled by your kind words and look forward to fostering a gratifying business relationship with you and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future...

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel was amazing. Every staff member was so helpful and accommodating to my needs. The hotel manager Peter Gallo, was extremely nice along with Vanessa and Eddy at the front desk. They even installed a new A.C. for me so the room was kept at a perfect temperature. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody, wether it is a buisness trip or a personal vacation with the family. You really can't even ask for a better location in NYC either. Thanks Amsterdam Court, the visit was great, and the experience was excellent.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear GarrettR284,

Thank you for your stellar review and for choosing The Amsterdam Court. We appreciate your kind words and are so pleased we were able to meet your every need. We promise you a repeat performance and "Perfection" the next time you visit us. Hope to see you soon...

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 16 July 2014

When I booked through Expedia I was not sure what the hotel would be like but it was much better than my expectations and made my stay in New York great. The Hotel Staff was extremely courteous, clean rooms and bathrooms, 24 hours tea and coffee. It is centrally located in the heart of Manhattan... walking distance from times Square, Macy's, Central Park, Lincoln Center and Rockefeller Center and most other attractions. Close to Port Authority and also easy access to Hop-on and Hop-off buses. A variety of eating places, fast food joints and restaurants close by. I was very comfortable at the hotel and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to friends. It is value for money !!
I especially liked the fact that I could get an airport shuttle from the hotel.

Room Tip: the lifts are slow so rooms on lower floors are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunaina2011
PGallo811, Manager at Amsterdam Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Sunaina2011,

Sincere Thanks from The Amsterdam Court! We appreciate your stellar review and your kind words. It was a true pleasure hosting you. We strive to exceed our guest’s service expectations and it is pleasing to read that our location was so accomodating as well.Thank you once again for your recognition and gracious comments.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Ms. Marlena, (forgive the spelling)
Totally knocked me out with her constantly outgoing, positive & smiling kind persona.
She was always 3 steps ahead of me. She offered her help so quickly & efficiently..
I'm hoping Booking.Com will always offer me the same outstanding rate that I enjoyed last June.
This will be the ONLY hotel I want to stay at in the Theater District In Nyc..
The door men also demonstrated a sincere want to help me and offer their help w a kind & sincere attitude.
Mr. Orlando was awesome too.
The only thing I wish would improve is (a hot & humid day) - the window ac was a blessing but didn't quite cover the efficiency of cooling the room. I woke up w my neck sweating.
But other than that.
I love Amsterdam Court Hotel.
I'm coming back up Sept.27-Oct.1st.
I can't wait to stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Christine S,

The entire team resounds in thanking you for joining us here at The Amsterdm Court, and for sharing your wonderful experience. It is truly heartwarming to have our efforts recognized by you in such a manner, and I have also shared your kind words with both Marleny and Orlando. Thank you once again for your recognition and your gracious comments. We look forward to having you stay with us during all your future visits to The Big Apple.