We (a family of four) stayed at the Best Western Hospitality House for 6 nights.
It is very well located on 49th Av, just a few blocks away from the Rockefeller Centre. In the immediate neighbourhood you've got plenty of restaurants, deli's and a supermarket.
Also, there are 2 subway staions nearby.
The lobby is small and not impressive, but don't let this put you off. The rooms (and certainly their size) more than make up for this.
We had a 1 bedroom appartement on the 9th floor at the back of the building. The view was not great, but the upshot is that we had almost no problems with streetnoise. Only the occasional siren can wake you at night. The appartement is certainly big enough with a large living room area, a kitchen, decently sized bedroom and a bathroom. Everything was kept spotless by housekeeping during our entire stay. The queensized bed was very comfortable and you had a choice of 2 pillows. The bathroom was a little dated, but also had a certain retro-charm. Plenty of hot water was welcome for the morning shower.
The kitchen is well equipped with a fridge, dish washer, microwave, etc... altough we didn't use it much. A nice touch is the welcome basket with water and some snacks.
After a whole day of walking through Manhattan, it is nice to have all that space and not be sitting in a cramped hotelroom.
Breakfast is complementary, which was nice. Don't expect a glorious buffet, but there was enough choice and quality was good. Each day you had a choice of different bagels and pastries, eggs, sausages, waffles, fruit, cereals, etc... During the whole day you have acces to free coffee and tea.
The sitting area is a little small, but we where lucky as we always found a free table.
You can use the gym and swimming facilities of the nearby YMCA, but I can't comment on them as we didn't use them.
This is a comfortable (though not luxurious) hotel that offers some of the biggest rooms in Manhattan. You probably have to stay in a suite at the Waldorf to get more space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While visiting one of the most extraordinary cities in the world, we invite you to live like a New Yorker in the center of it all at the award winning BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House. Relax in your very own exclusive Manhattan apartment-style suite designed with all the comforts of a large home without sacrificing any of the benefits of hotel amenities and services. Imagine yourself stepping out of your front door and being in the center of it all, with all New York's spectacular major attractions just a short walking distance away. While resting in your suite all of the fantastic sights and sounds that make New York City so great are just outside your window. Hotel guests especially appreciate spreading out in their very own apartment suite after a full day out in our thrilling city. No other New York City hotel can compare to our oversized rooms and great location. We're ideally located near Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Central Park and any number of subway and transportation hubs. Our expansive apartment-style suites are designed to make your experience convenient and comfortable. As you enter one of our luxuriously appointed suites, you are warmly welcomed with a large living room, full kitchen, dining area, separate private bedroom(s) and a well appointed bathroom(s). The apartments all come complete with oak wood flooring, 11 foot ceilings, and noise reduction windows. All of our oversized suites are three and four room full apartments designed for luxury living. This property is designed to be a home away from home with fully outfitted kitchens, stone counters, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and kitchenware for up to six people. Pillow top mattresses and full bathroom botanical amenities are offered to all our guests. Both of our Penthouses have beautiful outdoor balconies in addition to all the rest. And it doesn't end there, The BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality house dishes up complimentary breakfast daily. Enjoy piping hot eggs and made to order waffles, cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits, breads, pastries, (delivered daily), juices and 100% Arabica coffee. Our hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi and a local fitness center access that keeps you connected and up with your fitness routine. Free fitness facilities and classes like yoga, kettlebell, and Pilates, basketball court, weights, machines, aerobics, sauna, steam room, and two swimming pools are all available to our adult guests. Free local telephone calls from your room and free newspaper at your door every weekday are just a few additional perks. Our award winning world class multilingual service team stands ready to anticipate anything you might need 24 hours a day. Read the variety of free newspapers or use our free computer/printers or just to come mingle with the other guests in our public lobby hospitality suite. Enjoy free tea or coffee there throughout the day. Take a break on our outdoor public deck that offers a quiet peaceful area during warmer months, complete with flowers and benches. Book your ideal New York City dream experience at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hospitality House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hospitality House Hotel New York City
- Best Western Hospitality Hotel
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Best Western Hospitality House New York