“what can I say...it's already been said!”
Review of Inn New York City

Inn New York City
Ranked #346 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Melbourne, Australia
“what can I say...it's already been said!”
Reviewed 12 July 2009

I don't have much to add given the quality and accuracy of the reviews thus far. We stayed at the Vermont Suite. I will re-iterate a number of points which others have already mentioned. Firstly, the spiral staircase is not suitable for young children (and they do mention that this suite is not suitable for children under 12 at their website), nor is it appropriate for the morbidly obese or frail. Secondly, the bed is very hard and took me a few days to get used to. I agree that the wonderful pastry goodies were fantastic, but will also mention that it was pleasing to have a bowl of fresh fruit supplied daily, given I'm on a bit of a health kick these days. The inn new york city is a great place to stay and I will try one of the other suites next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
6 Thank aferraro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
upstate NY
Reviewed 2 July 2009

While in town for a wedding we stayed in The Library Suite..When we were escorted to our suite ..through the elegant hallway a treat to the eye while classical music was softly playing as we made our way up the stairway past the stained glass lit walls. The suite was covered with floor to ceiling books, and a library ladder,a sky light, a bottle of wine, and all kinds of edible treats.
Anything you might need has been thought of.
The Inn was in a great location close to some great restaurants, shops, movie theaters...
The staff were all incredibly helpful and welcoming!! Our stay at Inn NYC
was truly memorable. We highly reccomend this beautiful,luxorious hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Bevio
England
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Can't say enough good things about this place !
We stayed in the Vermont suite which was situated on two levels, joined by a spiral staircase - The whole place was just so welcoming and comfortable.
The location was also great - close enough to everything you want to visit in this great city but far enough off the 'beaten track' to be quite and homely. Being situated in the upper west side, we also found it really convienient for great restaurants in easy walking distance!
Inside, as mentioned, was really welcoming and comfortable - enough complimentary snacks and drinks as you could want to make yourself feel right at home and full of all the guides and information you will ever need to finalise or inspire your choice of things to do!
In all, I think I can best describe it as like staying in a friends house in one of the greatest cities in the world - it doesn't get much better!
It truly deserves it's 'Excellent' rating!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank GOJI
ireland
Reviewed 12 May 2009

This is a very interesting place to stay but definitely different and may not suit everyone. It is comfortable and everyone is very friendly and I really enjoyed staying here but left then for a 5 star on Madison and when I go back, I will probably pick the Madison Avenue hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank maggiemay027
west islip, new york
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Just returned from my second stay. My husband and I work in the city and like to occasionally get theater tickets and stay the weekend. This is absolutely my favorite place to stay. Ruth and Elyn make you feel like your visiting a friends and they have given you your own suite and alot of privacy.
On my first visit there was a bottle of white wine in the refrigerator (not a fan of white) this time when making my reservations I asked if they could possibly leave red. On my arrival there was a bottle of Syrah on the counter waiting for me (I LOVE THIS PLACE).
I can't really say which suite was my favorite. They were both special in differant ways.
The VERMONT SUITE - very private - you have your own entrance - the bedroom being down a spiral staircase is great - I really liked the two levels.
The OPERA SUITE - Baby grand piano (my husband played a bit) - Jacuzzi tub in bath which I took advantage of - best part was the private terrace - lucky for us the weather was beautiful so we sat outside in the late afternoon having wine, cheese, crackers and fruit.
They are both beautiful. I will definately be back, I have two more suites to try. I just wish there wasn't an extra charge for a 1 night booking, even though I absolutely understand why that is the policy.
Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank paraskeva
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed 1 May 2009

Okay, how about this --

1-- Great pillows. You don't think that's a big deal? Stay in the "plastic" hotels and tell me you don't sleep better on great pillows and real sheets.
2 -- Great neighborhood. You want to live with tourists? Stay in the Times Square area. Great fun but it's not real New York. At this Inn you're living with real people (we spoke to a trombone player next door one night), went to -- and ate at -- a real downtown market and learned how real New Yorkers live.
3 -- Great surprises. I won't give any more away but Ruth & Company always had something special awaiting you.
4 -- Great location. Did I mention that already? Sorry. This time I mean that the neaby subway is so close to the Inn that you're back in (one of) your rooms in no time even if you were having drinks in Greenwich Village just a few minutes earlier.

We stayed 4 nights in the Vermont suite and it was so quiet at night that I could hear nothing all night long. Newspaper every morning. Fresh orange juice. Nice people. Great neighborhood and local restaurants.

What am I doing here?? I'm heading back -- soon!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank spypoint
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 8 April 2009

We're just home from a perfect stay at Inn New York City. If you are planning a trip to NYC, just go for it and opt for the Inn. We had a warm and welcoming, but inobstrusive, visit to the Spa Suite. The bath and in-suite sauna are fabulous extras you will not find in a high-rise hotel!

Cuisine was our primary objective in New York. After dining at Per Se, Le Bernardin, and Jean-Georges, Inn NYC was the perfect "pamper yourself" complement. It is located in the PERFECT neighborhood. We were able to walk EVERYWHERE - The Metropolitan Opera, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Natural History Museum, Broadway and ALL the restaurants. Also ... try the recommended Cafe Luxembourg. We did and enjoyed every bite.

It's worth every penny!